NEurope
Dante

Pandora's Tower

I doubt it will have a Limited Edition. For Nintendo, I'd imagine this is very much a "Fill the Void" title. We wouldn't have gotten this if this year was as full as 2010.

The last of the 3 big "rainfall" Wii games release date has been announced:

Nintendo has just confirmed the Pandora's Tower release date. Nintendo's new Wii RPG will be released in the UK and Europe on April 13th.

Following the release of The Last Story on February 24th, Pandora's Tower will become the second big Japanese RPG to launch in the UK this year.

Promising multiple endings, a unique relationship system, and an epic story, Pandora's Tower could be the next game for fans of games like Xenoblade Chronicles.

You play as Aeron, a soldier who battles to save his beloved friend Elena from a mysterious curse that is gradually transforming her into a demonic creature.

The only way he can save her is to battle through the towers of a fortress. If you read our recent Pandora's Tower preview you'll know all about the first three towers.

With his his sword and magical Oraclos Chain, Aeron takes on the creatures in the towers and uses their meat to feed to Elena. Only by eating all of the master flesh will Elena be freed of the curse.

You'll need to work out when you should return to Elena with monster meat as if you don't return in time, her transformation into a demonic beast will be permanent.

You'll also need to decide when to speak to Elena and give her items. Taking the time to build a bond with Elena could even change the ending of the story.

Talking of items, a merchant called Mavda can upgrade your weapons and create special new items by combining two or more items that you have found on your journey. The items that you have discovered while exploring the towers can be given to Elena as gifts to strengthen your bond or be used to help you on your quest to battle the 13 masters.

Nothing really left for the Wii after April then apart from Rhythm Heaven, E3 is still a couple months away if Wii gets anything new at all.

Nothing really left for the Wii after April then apart from Rhythm Heaven, E3 is still a couple months away if Wii gets anything new at all.

Am I missing something?

041.jpg

:heh:

I really don't think DQX is going to release in the west on Wii.

I think I have said it before, but I think the game will get a first print and that will be that, very similar to that of Zelda:TP on the Gamecube. and the rest on the WiiU

I think I have said it before, but I think the game will get a first print and that will be that, very similar to that of Zelda:TP on the Gamecube. and the rest on the WiiU

That's still rather unlikely. As much as Zelda was a text- and "story"-heavy game for Nintendo's standards, concerning the required localization work, it will ultimately pale in comparison to Dragon Quest X. Meaning a simultaneous release as with Zelda is out of question.

Considering Dragon Quest IX took about a year to come over and was not an online game with MMORPG elements, it seems likely that it would take them upwards of a year for localization again. If DQX sees a Japanese release for the Wii this summer, that would make it a summer 2013 release over here.

By that time, they'll simply not waste any more money on localizing, testing and marketing a massive Wii game, when they need to sell WiiUs above all else.

Looks like a limited edition is on its way.

A limited edition Pandora's Tower out in Europe on 13th April includes steel book casing & 32 page artbook #Wii

Nooooo! Another stupidly coloured cover that'll insult my collection of Wii games! D:

Personally, I think it looks pretty slick, and have always been a bit envious of the balck cases they get in Japan, though I understand it might look a bit odd in your collection. Maybe it will have a reversible sleeve that you can swap to.

The only other game I can think off with a different coloured cover is NSMBW - a game that would insult your collection in two ways :p

What others are there?

So the game about feeding a girl uncooked monster hearts to save her from a curse is getting a 12 age rating, but the game about whacking monsters over the head with a bunch of mercenaries is getting 16? ;)

So far, I've no interest whatsoever in this game, as I'm not at all into hack'n'slash-type of games. But the covers look slick, brutally generic, androgynous characters be damned.

First English trailer:

TBH it's not really well put together. Shows almost no gameplay at all (not even a mention of the motion controls!)

I'm actually really looking forward to this one. Not so much for the story/characters (though it does look interesting and grotesque, if nothing else. Seriously, how the fuck did this pass with a 12 rating!?) but the motion/pointer controlled combat and adventure gameplay!

Here's a good vid to breath some life into this thread -

I'm considering getting this, it looks like a nice action I can rest back into after Last Story.

For some reason the standard edition and the special edition both cost £40 on Amazon (I think), so went special.

For some reason the standard edition and the special edition both cost £40 on Amazon (I think), so went special.

Glad I ordered mine when the special edition was £32.99 :)

Pre-ordered mine today! Looks amazing, Nintendo are really going all out with these gorgeous limited editions. A nice swan song for the Wii!

Still not decided if I'm getting this one or not... so far still leaning on the "Not" side. But seeing a Limited Edition pack has oddly caught my interest.... what does it include?

It's definitely on my list of future purchases. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with all 3 'Rainfall' games at some point but Pandora's Tower is likely to be the one that will give me the most enjoyment..

I'm not sure Xenoblade Chronicles will ever be conquered due to the scale of the game and how much else I have to get on with.. which is probably a shame :hmm:

I am getting this game to sit alongside my Xenoblade, which I need to get back to completing after just finishing Skyward Sword. I also still have The Last Story wrapped up all new. So loads of life left in my Wii until Wii U.

It seems like HMV has an exclusive Collector's Edition on Pandora's Tower. It includes the normal Limited Edition, but also a cardboard sleeve for these three Wii-RPG's. Also included is an artbook, which has artwork from all three titles.

I already pre-ordered mine.

Where is the cheapest place to pre-order the deluxe version of this?

I got mine from Play.com, it was only £39.99 - which is pretty damn good for a special edition!