NEurope
Dante

Pandora's Tower

Where is the cheapest place to pre-order the deluxe version of this?

Amazon have it for £35.97 which, after a quick look, seems to be the cheapest at the moment.

Shopto have dispatched my order this morning! I may have this earlier than expected.

Fuck! Forgot to pay in advance! Should have realised seeing as I use paypal..

Aww, no dispatch email =( I guess my many cancelled pre-orders in the past because I found the games cheaper haven't rubbed off too well!

You guys aren't forgetting that this game has looked outright bad up until now?

I mean I understand supporting the last few Wii games but maybe wait for some reviews or a price drop first no?

Edited by Retro_Link

What did Famitsu give it?

31/40 a quick search has revelaed - first week sales at 21-22K and sub 100K total. Not quite the hit they were hoping for.

You guys aren't forgetting that this game has looked outright bad up until now?

I mean I understand supporting the last few Wii games but maybe wait for some reviews or a price drop first no?

What do you mean? It always looked pretty good to me, that and I want the collectors edition.

Also, I've never really given a shit in regards to reviews. It's very hard to detect honesty these days with the amount of paid reviews and blatant fanboyism, so I just never bother even looking at them.

I don't generally go off reviews either. But from the trailers this game has looked really bad to me (and I thought most people). Like a very poor God of War type game, with one enemy at a time.

But of course go for it if you like the look of it.

I read the review in this months ONM and i'm quite looking forward to it now. I never knew much about it, but what i've read sounds quite encouraging.

The girl is turning into some form of monster, so you have to venture out and kill beasties. Once you do this you have to go back to the girl and feed her the flesh off the enemies. This slows down the progress of her turning into a monster. The only way to fully cure her is to feed her the flesh off the bosses.

Basically you have to manage your time well when dungeon crawling. Do you opt to push further into the dungeon and risk upsetting the girl? Or do you return sooner and help her, but have to trek back through the dungeon again?

Apparently there are quite a few endings depending on how you treat and look after the girl.

If you think the game looks interesting then go for it. Today's reviews are utterly useless, for the reasons that Debug Mode mentioned.

I'm expecting a solid action game, with some interesting gameplay ideas, light puzzle solving and a really interesting (and really mean spirited!) story/time management mechanic (this part in particular really tickles my Majora's Mask bone :D )

Hell, a pointer controlled action game is rare enough as it is! That is reason enough to give it a go!

It's arrived.

I doubt I will get any played today, as I have to go out pretty much straight after work and won't be back till late at night. :nono:

I didn't know this had a reversible cover. It's still not as good as the normal one though.

I read the review in this months ONM and i'm quite looking forward to it now. I never knew much about it, but what i've read sounds quite encouraging.

The girl is turning into some form of monster, so you have to venture out and kill beasties. Once you do this you have to go back to the girl and feed her the flesh off the enemies. This slows down the progress of her turning into a monster. The only way to fully cure her is to feed her the flesh off the bosses.

Basically you have to manage your time well when dungeon crawling. Do you opt to push further into the dungeon and risk upsetting the girl? Or do you return sooner and help her, but have to trek back through the dungeon again?

Apparently there are quite a few endings depending on how you treat and look after the girl.

Going against the grain of the previous few posts, but what did they score it?

Going against the grain of the previous few posts, but what did they score it?

70% - I just got the issue an hour ago, mainly for the Kid Icarus cards :heh: - but I think they meant 80% tbf as they scored the original Strider - the Megadrive version which is a classic - 70% as well which is easily a 90% + game in my books.

Fortunately I ordered the limited edition a good while ago before any reviews so I'm just looking forward to receiving the game, enjoying it and possibly reviewing it for the site if there aren't any other takers but we shall see. :)

Either way, looking forward to playing it. :D

The review in ONM is rather shite. Some of the captions for the images are wank.

Can you remember when ONM actually dropped proper written reviews and all it featured was screen shots with captions? Bad times!

Can you remember when ONM actually dropped proper written reviews and all it featured was screen shots with captions? Bad times!

Well this does have a fair amount of words, they're just not that great :p

Bring back the amazing insults of the Greystation and Xbox Weesixty.

I remember when ONM gave Wii Play 91%, I've been wary of their reviews ever since.

How are NOM/ONM/MON/Martin O'Neill still going?

The Greystation Poo references were terrible. They were pretty childish and would hype up everything. Everything.

I will never forgive them for one of the issues I bought during the N64 Era. A massive preview for Hey You, Pikachu and Sin and Punishment. At the bottom of Hey You, Pikachu, they wrote a little comment saying that it was probable the game would never come to Europe due to not being able to understand local accents.

What a pisstake. Why review something so indepth when it's likely you'll never get to play it. Stupid hyping. Same with the Sin and Punishment preview.

NGC were infinitely better. Seemed more mature and intelligent.

Yep, that was terrible. You were basically just paying for screenshots. That's the reason I decided not to buy ONM (or NOM as it was back then).

I only bought the latest issue for the Kid Icarus cards. Regret it really since they don't actually do anything.

Well this does have a fair amount of words, they're just not that great :p

Bring back the amazing insults of the Greystation and Xbox Weesixty.

If I remember correctly they also called the Dreamcast the Dreampants! Those were dark days!

Any impressions on this yet, @Hero\-of\-Time? I was actually about to order it but my 10% Zavvi discount won't work on pre-orders so I may buy it tomorrow when the code will be valid, perhaps depending on some impressions :smile:

Edited by nekunando
Spelling Error