NEurope
Chuck

L.A. Noire

I agree the interrogation system is flawed, but it's easier to manage if you think about it like so.

Truth: "I believe what you're saying and will provide a sympathetic ear."

Doubt: "I know you're lying but have no proof, so I'll go fishing by pressing the matter."

Lie: "I know you're lying and have proof."

Sometimes it's worth going with Lie just to hear what Cole and the suspect say as it tends to hint at what you're supposed to present; you can back out of a lie by pressing Circle/B. That said there are still times, much like Phoenix Wright, where you present evidence that makes sense but isn't the correct choice.

See part of my problem with doubt is it comes across as too aggressive like 90% of the time. I never feel like I am fishing despite me believing this is what it should be. I think a system more similar to Bioware's system would have been better where it gives your a few words that are the general gist of the what you want to say. Yeah I hate how the evidence thing is so rigid and how despite having sound logic if it doesn't correlate with the games logic your wrong. Guess this is something that could be corrected with a wider reaching set of evidence links etc..

See part of my problem with doubt is it comes across as too aggressive like 90% of the time. I never feel like I am fishing despite me believing this is what it should be. I think a system more similar to Bioware's system would have been better where it gives your a few words that are the general gist of the what you want to say. Yeah I hate how the evidence thing is so rigid and how despite having sound logic if it doesn't correlate with the games logic your wrong. Guess this is something that could be corrected with a wider reaching set of evidence links etc..

Yeah I totally agree with that.

You'd expect it to be that way with a lie as you have evidence which can prove they are wasting your time - but to bite their head off over a doubt is pretty strange. One of my biggest niggles with the game that.

Just finished the game...

WHAT THE FUCK!

This just feelings like a massive kick in the face, spend all that time playing the game then kill off the main character, all the hard work has also gone to waste - weren't the mayor, Earle, etc all in on it, yet they're still there at the end and Earle is even going on about how he was his "friend"!?

Also how did Cole get away from Okinawa (sp?) if he was shot and left for dead?

It was actually made me angry, feel like I've wasted 30 hours!

Time to change your avatar/signature? ;)

Unhappy endings come with the territory when you're dealing with film noir, to be fair. It would have been nice to bring down the big conspiracy, but I thought there was a point to Phelps being unable to change anything. As for Phelps dying, he was such an unlikable character that he got what he deserved.

The worst part about the ending for me was how you barely got to play as Phelps. That seemed like an odd decision, even if I liked Kelso more.

Also, I don't think Phelps was left for dead in Okinawa. I'm pretty sure they got him some help after he was shot.

Yeah the soldiers took Phelps with them when they left.

My problem with the ending was that I didnt like Phelps throughout the entire game so when he died, I felt nothing. They should have had us playing Kelso all game, that was a character I actually liked

Time to change your avatar/signature? ;)

Don't worry, I've got an awesome Ocarina of Time one lined up for next week :heh:

I actually was close to tears when John Marston died, he was such a likeable character and it was a major shock. When Phelps died I just thought "whatever" he was a cunt anyway and they tried to humanise him far too late in the game, like we should care about his marriage all of a sudden. It was terrible.

I love this game! Just finished Vice and am totally hooked! One thing I do really like is the partners. When I first moved to homicide I hated Rusty but by end after all you go through I felt like we were buddies. Likewise was just starting to like Roy Earle and bang Vice ended. Also the newspapers are a masterful idea as they keep the player just those few steps ahead of Phelps.

I've still not totally got to the grips with the dialogue system but have been slightly more successful.

Now to Arson!

How the hell do you carry on playing after the end? I've got film reels, cars and landmarks to find. Yet after I watched the credits and hit Resume again I was sent to Phelps recieving the radio call telling him where to go for the "end game".

The ending shocked me to say the least.

Another thought:

I was somewhat disappointed that you playing as him only mixed things up plot wise and not gameplay wise. You did the exact same things as Kelso as you did with Phelps. I was annoyed that I was able to skip to locations despite not having a partner. It kind of took me out of the game they had a legit reason why that could happen and built it into this mechanic. It should have made u drive everywhere. I know its a wierd thing to complain about!

I think the calls and stuff are different for each section of the game. You'll need to replay an older mission.

I think the calls and stuff are different for each section of the game. You'll need to replay an older mission.

oh thats kinda lame...hate open world games where you can't walk around afterwards.

At the bottom of each desk on the mission select screen, you can select something like 'free roam' or whatever. That's what you're supposed to play to get all of the collectibles.

Just remember that the side missions are different for each desk, so if you want to play all of those, you'll probably need to go through all of the different desks' free roam modes.

oh thats kinda lame...hate open world games where you can't walk around afterwards.

Try playing it on the 360 where you have to keep changing discs everytime you want to try and go back to do missions! Finish one desks missions then have to put in disc 2, then 3 etc. :weep:

Was a pain!

Try playing it on the 360 where you have to keep changing discs everytime you want to try and go back to do missions! Finish one desks missions then have to put in disc 2, then 3 etc. :weep:

Was a pain!

Ok granted I don't have that problem!

Finally completed this. The ending was alright, bit of a let down though. Damn you Roy!

I love how they play him though. I hated him at first then slightly started to warm to him during my time as his partner but by the end I fucking wanted him dead!

Still havn't beat this, even got 2 DLC packs to download (lucky, pre-bought) and complete. May do some of them later today, after some shopping.

I've got back into this, and I'm attempting to 100% it,

I've got 5 cars left to drive (1 of which is hidden so that'll be an easier one to get)

the other 4 are all 4 door cars. I've checked guides to see where they think the majority are, but it's pot luck surely. I've been driving around the recommended areas for ages to no avail.

one thing I found annoying, I re-did a case last night (Red Lipstick Murder) and got a 5 star rating on it, when I checked R* Social club it's only got it as a 1 star rating from the first time I completed it.

I hope this doesn't hinder my other task of 5 staring every case.

It should update itself over a few hours, had a similar issue with Red Dead when i achieved 100%.

I'm on 80% at the moment on LA Noire, not sure if i will bother going for 100%. It got tedious in the end, and i need a good break from it before i think about heading back to LA.

It should update itself over a few hours, had a similar issue with Red Dead when i achieved 100%.

I'm on 80% at the moment on LA Noire, not sure if i will bother going for 100%. It got tedious in the end, and i need a good break from it before i think about heading back to LA.

I felt like that when nearing the end of the game case wise, It really was a case of thinking 'Only 3 more cases' etc etc....

was really un-expected, not a patch on RDR though

but yeah I went back to free roam after completing GOW3, and found doing the street crimes more fun than tedious, and the hunt for cars hasn't been that bad, until now anyway's 4 more to go.

has anyone done the film reels? are they simple enough to find (with a decent enough walk through)

A lot easier than the cars. A good guide should give you a map, directions and 3-4 pictures to lead the way.

For the remaining cars, go to the showroom, find your car, press X, go to homicide free roam and check the parking lot. It works for 2 and 4-door cars.

Edited by Tales

Newspapers were the easiest to get hold of. I do need to head back in and 5* all the cases, only got homicide, arson and vice to 5*. Completed the first desk (Traffic) 100% ages ago.

A good guide is what i'll need to get the cases 100%

You can do it fine by yourself with reloading and trial and error. Just write down the right answers and reload when you get something wrong. The game usually saves just before. If you have completed the game you always have 5 intiuition points you can use for questions or clues. Make sure the music cue is on, the one that tells you have found all clues.

I did that with a few cases, but it was taking too long. I think i'll use a guide now to finalise the game and cases once and for all.