NEurope
Chuck

L.A. Noire

Did you completely stop and wait for him to move? That happened to me and I found once I stopped trying to push him he moved.

Yes, tried that, he just stood there smoking.

Edited by The Mad Monkey

I disagree with this, I now think truth means be less aggressive, doubt means be more aggressive and lie means outright accuse them.

I had evidence that there was blood all over the guy's shirt, and he said he cut himself shaving. I selected lie so I could show him the shirt and say there is way too much blood for it to be a shaving cut. Then Cole shouts at him about murdering his wife and his broter being in on it

:blank:

However,

I know what you mean, but this isn't actually enough evidence that he didn't cut himself shaving, you should have selected doubt. Only select lie when what they've said is a direct contradiction to the evidence. So if you would have found that he had an electric razor (if they were to exist at that time) and not a cut throat one, then I suppose that this would be enough to prove he was lying

However,

I know what you mean, but this isn't actually enough evidence that he didn't cut himself shaving, you should have selected doubt. Only select lie when what they've said is a direct contradiction to the evidence. So if you would have found that he had an electric razor (if they were to exist at that time) and not a cut throat one, then I suppose that this would be enough to prove he was lying

He gave himself a huge cut on his face to cause all of that blood, but it healed overnight?

I'm sooo looking forward to this. Still five days before I can/should buy it :(

He gave himself a huge cut on his face to cause all of that blood, but it healed overnight?

lol, that rebuttal goes well with your signature, in Phoenix Wright style.

His uncut face wasn't part of your evidence, so you couldn't use it after you selected lie. You accused him of lying that he cut himself shaving by using a bloody shirt as evidence. I know what you are saying though.

He didn't say he was shaving his face.

He didn't say he was shaving his face.

I had considered that but I didn't think anyone would entertain that he was shaving his legs :p You could still ask to see the cut anyway and it would come to the same thing.

Has anyone finished Homicide yet? Did you guess the killer?

Yeah I finished it and no I didn't see it coming, though I barely remember the character in question anyway.

Was that character even mentioned beforehand? Even after killing him I didn't know who it was until the second Vice case

Ugh... the homicide desk. :indeed:

It was so tiresome being forced to go after the wrong people over and over again when it was glaringly obvious right from the start that all of them were innocent.

... And then they went and did the same thing with the first couple of arson cases!

Cube:

Yes, you get to talk to him in a bar in one of the homicide cases, and in another case, someone mentions how an agency-employed bartender talked to the victim.

As for guessing that he was the killer... He was such a minor character that I had to look him up online after the case just to remember him. :indeed:

Cube:

Yeah he jumped up as if I was supposed to be shocked that it was him. I was annoyed, thinking that it was someone random. If I had known what a temp bartender was(that there is an agency who's members fill in across the town) I might have gotten it, but I've never heard of it before. Thought he was a temporary barman in that particular bar and forgot him. I was looking at all of the policemen, trying to find one who was always at the scene, or some sort of tailor who got everyone's shoe sizes. It all hinged on knowing what a temp bartender was I suppose.

Magnus:

It was very annoying accusing the wrong people when you know it's not them :p I still didn't believe it that much anyway. The husbands always had the same size shoes, and they always had some fecking blood or something that they tried to explain in some stupid way. Killer was very lucky it seems.

Cases I replay via the main menu, will they add to trophy hunt/eksperiance in the story save?

Cases I replay via the main menu, will they add to trophy hunt/eksperiance in the story save?

They will give you trophies and experience in the main save yeah.

DLC coming next week according to Rockstar, all the cases that were pre-order are coming. As long as they ain't over-priced, i don't mind.

Fin!

I really enjoyed the parallel story arcs, voice acting, music and overall presentation.

I could have done without the insulting red herrings, the shitty controls, and Cole's unique ability to get stuck between a trashcan and a cardboard box

Just finished the Homicide cases...

Really didn't like the twist at the end and the actual killer just seemed a bit... odd. How did he manage to plant all that evidence on each of the individual people, surely someone would have seen him getting into peoples homes, etc? Seemed unbelievable and just thrown in for the sake of it

Like Pit-Jr I am finding the controls to be a bit shit but the good does out way the bad and I am really enjoying it!

I am really pissed off with this game at the moment.

Completed on Saturday (really enjoyed it but agree with all of the bad points everyone has mentioned. Particularly the controlling of Cole etc).

Anyway, going back to 5 star all the missions - using a guide to ensure I get it right.

Have 3 missions to 5 star. Can't be that hard right?

Well the game seems to want to not let me.

Will spoiler this in case:

First one is where you have to charge either the husband or the paedo - first time round I charged the husband coz he lied, whereas the paedo never lied. So went back did it all again, got all clues, all questions correct, charged the paedo - cut scene at the end is them throwing the husband in jail. 3 stars for me. Again. Despite the fact I charged the right fucking guy this time.

Second case is the white shoe murder one. Last time I didn't get a vital bit of info off the cab driver. So this time I drove around until the cab was spotted then went to find it - nowhere to be seen even though I was on the yellow flag on the map. So I had my partner drive to the hobo camp (where 2 vital clues are needed for the last interrogation) but didn't speak to anyone or look around - just drove back for the cab. Finds the cab, gets the evidence I missed last time then goes to my book to select the hobo camp to collect the final 2 clues before finishing up the case. But oh no - the book has a cross over hobo camp. I HAVENT COLLECTED ANY FUCKING EVIDENCE FROM THE CAMP WHY IS IT CROSSED OUT?! So now I can't return there, thus having to replay this one again now. 2 cases, both glitched. Me pissed off. :(

I am really pissed off with this game at the moment.

Completed on Saturday (really enjoyed it but agree with all of the bad points everyone has mentioned. Particularly the controlling of Cole etc).

Anyway, going back to 5 star all the missions - using a guide to ensure I get it right.

Have 3 missions to 5 star. Can't be that hard right?

Well the game seems to want to not let me.

Will spoiler this in case:

First one is where you have to charge either the husband or the paedo - first time round I charged the husband coz he lied, whereas the paedo never lied. So went back did it all again, got all clues, all questions correct, charged the paedo - cut scene at the end is them throwing the husband in jail. 3 stars for me. Again. Despite the fact I charged the right fucking guy this time.

Second case is the white shoe murder one. Last time I didn't get a vital bit of info off the cab driver. So this time I drove around until the cab was spotted then went to find it - nowhere to be seen even though I was on the yellow flag on the map. So I had my partner drive to the hobo camp (where 2 vital clues are needed for the last interrogation) but didn't speak to anyone or look around - just drove back for the cab. Finds the cab, gets the evidence I missed last time then goes to my book to select the hobo camp to collect the final 2 clues before finishing up the case. But oh no - the book has a cross over hobo camp. I HAVENT COLLECTED ANY FUCKING EVIDENCE FROM THE CAMP WHY IS IT CROSSED OUT?! So now I can't return there, thus having to replay this one again now. 2 cases, both glitched. Me pissed off. :(

Couldn't you have just driven back to the hobo camp yourself, mark it on the map before getting in the car then just going back again.

That one is actually my bad - it let me go back once i'd interrogated the first suspect. :blush:

To all those affected by my above outburst I apologise :heh:

But not for the glitched one - still :shakehead about that. Lol

DLC is out, each extra case is 320ms and the suits are 80ms. 2 more cases coming next month (June 21st), each for 320ms.

Or, you could buy the "Rockstar Pass" for 800ms and get all the above (including the future 2 cases).

DLC is out, each extra case is 320ms and the suits are 80ms. 2 more cases coming next month (June 21st), each for 320ms.

Or, you could buy the "Rockstar Pass" for 800ms and get all the above (including the future 2 cases).

They don't last long :( 320ms case... How much is it?

They don't last long :( 320ms case... How much is it?

I admit, Rockstar making each case 320ms is a bit pricy for the length of each one to complete. For 2 weeks at least, you can purchase the "Rockstar Pass". This pass entitles you to (individual prices are next to each item)

A Slip of the Tongue (Traffic case) - 320ms/£2.99 (Play pre-orders)

The Naked City (Vice case) - 320ms/£2.99 (GAME pre-orders)

Badge Pursuit Challenge + Button Suit - 160ms/£1.50 (GAME pre-orders)

Broderick Detective Suit - 80ms/99p (Amazon pre-orders)

Sharpshooter Detective Suit - 80ms/99p (Zaavi pre-orders)

Nicholson Electroplating (Arson case)** - 320ms/£2.99

Reefer Madness (Vice case)** - 320ms/£2.99

The Chicago Piano - Free

**Not yet released, but upon release in June and July respectively, you will get this for no extra charge.

Working it out, if you only got the stand-alone game with no pre-order DLC, it comes to around 1600ms/£12.99. So, 800ms/£6.99 is a bargain for all the above DLC in anyones eyes, even if you take out your already owned pre-order DLC (one set per store)

Make the most of the reduced Pass cost, goes up in 2 weeks. Probably to 1600ms/£12.99.