NEurope
Chuck

L.A. Noire

Picked LA Noire up this morning from Gamestop .. with the Naked City DLC .. even tho i didnt pre-order! There was ALOT of people buying it when i was there, which surprised me because i didnt think anyone knew or cared this game was coming out.

Picked LA Noire up this morning from Gamestop .. with the Naked City DLC .. even tho i didnt pre-order! There was ALOT of people buying it when i was there, which surprised me because i didnt think anyone knew or cared this game was coming out.

It'll probably be a similar situation to Red Dead Redemption. I didn't think there was much hype for it over here in the UK but going to pick it up on release day, I couldn't get a copy of it on the PS3 because it had sold out (mainly to lower stock levels of that version) and the 360 version was selling really well too.

Starting to get hyped for this though. My gaming purchases have really dried up, what with me being really tight with money recently (imagine that, a Scot being tight with money :wink:) so looking forward to having something new to play, especially if I can go all Bad Cop on suspects.

Watched the Gametrailers video review and it has really piqued my interest, can't really afford it at the moment though which sucks.

My god, I just watched the Giantbomb quicklook and this looks astonishing. The facial animations and fantastic acting are off the charts. The Guardian review was frothing at the mouth over it too. This has suddenly flown way up to very near the top of my list. Next time I treat myself it'll probably be this.

I've gotten lucky with Lovefilm again. Today they've sent out L.A. Noire to me.

My "free" copy arrived today, am very pleased. Not of the game, but am pleased i got it for the grand total of £0.00. And i will be giving my views upon it later, spoiler free as well (if i can't help it, the tags will be there).

Got this through my door this morning, went through the first two desks. I've been making alot of wrong choices in terms of questioning suspects, its pretty hard to tell by their facial expression if they're lying and such. That and i'm not too good with connecting evidence with statements >__<

Its pretty good so far though

I installed all the disks onto the 360, so hopefully i won't get any over-heating problems.

Played about 30 minutes so far, had to stop to download the DLC and something to nibble. First impressions are wow. The map is friggin huge, the character mapping is friggin sweet as. And, i swear i saw Jon Cryer walking around LA whilst i'm solving a case.

Your not the only one, google it, other people have as well, this should arrive tomorrow for me, looking forward to it.

Got my copy today witha free t-shirt.

First impressions are good. Controls wise its pretty much on par with Red Dead Redemption same goes for the shooting/combat. Its a slow paced game and doesnt really feel like an open world game but more like an adventure.

The facial animations are simply incredible its just a shame that the rest of the body animation just arent upto that standard. I do think the facial tech is a gen ahead of the rest of the game. You really can pick up on all the emotions. I've noticed actors just walking the streets of LA such as the chap who plays Vork in The Guild, thats how good the facial capture stuff is that I just see people and I know who they are.

I find msyelf letting the AI drive me to each place because the car handling isnt the best. But if you are driving you can answer calls to stop crimes happening in the city. I've only done a couple of them one of which involved chasing a down a masked gun man and the other getting into a shoot out with a gang.

There are newspapers dotted about and they all seem focused on the same story which right now is very interesting so I'm keeping my eye out for the rest. I know its mentioned alot with other games but I gotta say the way this is handled, the themes, the stories and the characters it could quite possibly be one of the if not the most mature game released.

Team Bondi have also created a cracking world and it captures the time so well, everything from the look, feel and the way people act is perfect so far.

I just hope the story and cases keep improving because those are the things that are going to keep you playing this game and if they drop in quality I can see people losing interest. But so far so good.

Oh no problems playing it on my 360 slim either.

Got this through my door this morning, went through the first two desks. I've been making alot of wrong choices in terms of questioning suspects, its pretty hard to tell by their facial expression if they're lying and such. That and i'm not too good with connecting evidence with statements >__<

I figured out if they look straight at you it's the truth and if they shift about they are lying. If you don't have proof to back up an accusation select doubt. The proof is usually something with their name on it or a blatant piece of evidence that contradicts their statement. If they contradict evidence, all you need is proof, you don't need to read their faces.

Caved and ordered this today! Won't be here till Wednesday but can't wait!

I thought it was pretty interesting, since i've finally got the hang of the questioning. Managed to get a female to squeal on the location of a victim just by showing her the evidence of his "double" life.

I don't think this game would have worked as well, if the facial recognition and mapping wasn't implemented into the game.

Snagged a few achievements yesterday, 1 for clocking 80mph for 10 seconds and a few for solving a case/proving someone was lying with evidence. I am enjoying this game, and intend to enjoy it for months to come.

It arrived for me today, even though delivery estimate was the 24th.

Which is a real bitch because I still have one more exam to go before I finish on the 24th! Damn you early deliveries!

Picked it up earlier (from GAME with the Naked City DLC) and have given it a spin. Just gotten the first promotion and an awful brown suit instead of the blue LAPD one but I'm not sure where I stand with the game at the moment. Still early days though, and I'll agree that the facial animation is fantastic. Incredible, although it's not really that easy to tell from their expressions that they're lying so that's a slight minus.

Certainly didn't help with the first interrogation, which I had to replay over and over because none of the questions worked.

Anyway, I look forward to getting into it more through the weekend. Will say the Badge Pursuit Challenge negatives included in the box are a fantastic touch. Really nice idea from Team Bondi there. That should provide some extra fun later on.

Picked it up earlier (from GAME with the Naked City DLC) and have given it a spin. Just gotten the first promotion and an awful brown suit instead of the blue LAPD one but I'm not sure where I stand with the game at the moment. Still early days though, and I'll agree that the facial animation is fantastic. Incredible, although it's not really that easy to tell from their expressions that they're lying so that's a slight minus.

Certainly didn't help with the first interrogation, which I had to replay over and over because none of the questions worked.

Anyway, I look forward to getting into it more through the weekend. Will say the Badge Pursuit Challenge negatives included in the box are a fantastic touch. Really nice idea from Team Bondi there. That should provide some extra fun later on.

If you link your save to the Rockstar Social Club, you can get a different suit as well.

My copy arrived early! Wasn't meant to come until Wednesday and arrived today! Gotta finish Assassins Creed Brotherhood though.

My only complaint so far is that it seems to be one of those games where you make a choice in an interegation and present evidence that actually does make sense in the situation but its still wrong because its not what the developers wanted.

I really need to get out of the GTA driving mindset while playing this game!

Yeah I'm having that issue too.

The first moment I could drive I just went GTA crazy.

Im actually not loving the game at the moment.

I dont like the aiming, especially in hostage situations (plus when a game tells me to incapacitate someone I expect it to mean shoot them once somewhere to stop them, not keep shooting until they are dead!)

The interigation sequences have a few ways you think you could go, but only one route the developer will let you so you fail too often.

The main character almost seems too perfect so im finding it hard to root for him (im hoping this will just change as the game progresses and you find out more)

Yeah I'm having that issue too.

The first moment I could drive I just went GTA crazy.

Ditto, pity you can't kill anyone when driving like a maniac.

I just wanna get this theory down somewhere incase its right:

Im on the Homicide cases now

Im very suspicious of Officer Gonzalez I think his name is. I think he may be the Werewolf killer.

I just wanna get this theory down somewhere incase its right:

Im on the Homicide cases now

Im very suspicious of Officer Gonzalez I think his name is. I think he may be the Werewolf killer.

you'll be surprised :P