NEurope
Daft

Tumblr

Berlin gave you a shirt? What have you ever done for Berlin?

From Me To You

Some of the works on there are incredible.

I occasionally skim this, but I overlooked this one. Some lovely pictures there, so thanks Goafer!

I was thinking of getting one, purely to see what’s possible with it. I don’t need a tumblr / blog, but this may suit my dad who asked me about perhaps getting a site, but he knows shit about the internet, I have a feeling this may be perfect for him when (if) he gets around to it. I can have a look at theme creation.

Anyway, I was wondering.. What do the referrals do for the ones getting them?

Thought would post in here as an extension of mine and Mikes podcast. We are now moving forward with a few new ideas. The first being Sometimes 30 Minutes isn't enough... a chance to provide some editorial pieces that support the views and opinions we give in our podcast.

The first such piece can be found discussing Zelda as there was a heavy focus on the franchise in Episode 4. Got a few other ideas for stuff thats going to build on Episode 5. So head over here at:

http://30minutegamers.tumblr.com/

become a follower and please repost to help our content reach more people. It's kinda rough first piece of games writing I've done for a very very long time but its out there.

EMERGENCY TUMBLR USERS MEETING

I need people's opinions on these themes.

Current Theme

It matches(ish) my Website theme sort of, but it's kind of boring.

Suggested New Theme

It doesn't match my site, but I love it. I guess the whole point of me having a blog for my website is to have a more informal section where I can post updates that aren't important enough for the main site. I think this theme works for that, but I don't want it to overshadow the main site.

Opinions?

Edit: Sod it, made the change now. Opinions on the new layout?

Edited by Goafer

It's a bit bland and I'm not a fan of those types of themes. I like themes that look and feel clean. That one feels fiddly.

Also, I suggest uploading an pic to replace the default icon.

It's a bit bland and I'm not a fan of those types of themes. I like themes that look and feel clean. That one feels fiddly.

Also, I suggest uploading an pic to replace the default icon.

For some reason, it took a while to show my picture. I haven't had the default icon since the first day or something.

I know what you mean about it being fiddly, but my old theme just looked like some amateurs blog. I mean, I am an amateur, but I don't want people to know that.

The link in my sig goes to a tumblr blog which I've edited to appear more like a "real" website. What does everyone think?

I like. Personally I'd get rid of the tags on the main page and keep them on the click-through on the individual posts. Just to make the whole thing look tidier.

For some reason, it took a while to show my picture. I haven't had the default icon since the first day or something.

I know what you mean about it being fiddly, but my old theme just looked like some amateurs blog. I mean, I am an amateur, but I don't want people to know that.

Yeah, fair enough. I changed my theme about five or six time before I was finally happy. Love my theme now (the background pretty much makes it, for me). It's just a matter of stumbling on a blog with an awesome enough theme and then fine tuning the theme in the html editor. I've tweaked mine a fair amount. Could do with a little more but can't be bothered at the moment, tbh.

If I see any slick themes that standout I can let you know if you like?

Goafer: I think it looks horrible. I look at these things as both some sort of amateur webdesigner guy, and simply a user, and as a user, I can’t stand de “layout”. It isn’t clear what’s supposed to be what. As someone who takes a look at your blog, because you asked, I left after 10 seconds. As a user I would leave after 2. Usually, simple is best when it comes to webdesign (which doesn’t mean minimalistic or something). I like your site, it is clean and simple, if I want info from it, I know where to look. A last comment: you simply want a gallery blog, with each of those sliding things representing a new photo, right? But a sliding image like that, or an image with an on:hover function in webdesign terms, usually represents something clickable, which is what makes your blog confusing.

Hamishmash: not a fan of the design (graphics-wise), but it’s clean, I always like that. Personally not a fan of fixed backgrounds, but to each his own. I would get rid of the white lines on the sides though.

So I set up a new tumble the week before last, called Title Tracks. It's just a little daily exercise of illustrating song titles, nothing amazing.

My Enjoy the Silence one on Friday had about 45 notes.

Just got back from weekend camping...

5921782403_ab5171b085_z.jpg

ME GUSTA.

Uh oh.. I think some people are taking Tumblr a bit far.. :heh:

Just got Tumblr. It's all very much in development stage, so will probably change.

EDIT: Wrong link.

Edited by chairdriver

That link don't work (I assume because you changed your Tumblr name). I'm following you any how.

Welcome n00b.

I've (relatively) recently joined Tumblr. Just because you can never have too many social networks! It's getting a bit hectic. Although Tumblr just seems to be the perfect one -- it's like a mixture of everything ... but better.

Anyway.

I've just posted an interesting, in my opinion, short essay on my sudden realisation that what me and my ego are doing is wrong. Let's all be in a constant state of mobilisation / mitosis. [/whatever.] [you probably don't care]

http://gavihaze.tumblr.com/post/15280673659/the-pawn

tumblr_lve492ZU5w1qfg94wo1_500.gif

I liked the fact that it had complete non-abstract sentences and a specific message was being conveyed over a feeling.

I got tumblr. I plan on using it to put up m own work too, but will start doing that when I'm back at uni/with my work/can work.

Right now just getting to grips with it/trying to amass people to follow/posting things that I find stunning. But really I'm just practising.

Follow me. Or don't, you may hate what I post.

I got tumblr. I plan on using it to put up m own work too, but will start doing that when I'm back at uni/with my work/can work.

Right now just getting to grips with it/trying to amass people to follow/posting things that I find stunning. But really I'm just practising.

Follow me. Or don't, you may hate what I post.

tumblr_lrlt6zKdoT1qdao88o1_500.gif

I follow.

Y U NO Post the link to your Tumblr?

tumblr_lvx1wfjkji1qh6izg.gif

The link is in my sig below. :heh:

Oh My.

Time to wreck Havoc on this. *Puts on sunglasses* *Laces up boots*

Edited by Frank

Oh My.

Time to wreck Havoc on this. *Puts on sunglasses* *Laces up boots*

We have a good KNEE contingent now.

tumblr_l9qntsA2p51qzzud0.jpg