NEurope
Daft

Tumblr

I've been on Tumblr 8 days and I've made 49 posts. Yeah, I'm a little bit addicted.

I think I've been on a couple of months and made over 600.

:love:

I don't get it!

Its pretty obvious why...

I still don't really get tumblr.

I've started doing a Tumblr, but it's a bit emo. So i will never let anyone read. Lulz.

You'll have to just stick to Twitter. :wink:

I think I've been on a couple of months and made over 600.

:love:

Correction..700.

It's more addictive than facebook Retro.

All I know is there's loads of decent wanking material on that tumblr. Great site.

Its pretty obvious why...

You'll have to just stick to Twitter. :wink:

What are you inferring, you sneaky person! :heh:

It's impossible to be emo on Twitter, it's so... chirpy!

Scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll...

Tumblr is my crack.

Scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll...

Tumblr is my crack.

Hey on that Bieber thing only like 1 in 3 are lesbians, the rest is ACTUAL Bieber! If it was all lesbians i'd subscribe.

Can someone give me a rundown on Blogger/Wordpress/Tumblr? I've read from a few websites and the difference isn't really clear.

I'm interested in having a blog for more philosophical/essay type pieces, what would be best? I'm well aware this sort of blog is nothing new, but that's the sort of topic I think I'd like to cover (think insignificance), whilst also putting my own twisterclang on it.

Is it just me, or has anyone else read Daft's Tumblr name as Vicious Vandal and not Vicarious Vandal?

Wordpress looks to be the most convoluted thing ever. Just, ergh. I hate doing extraction shit and manual shizzle, I need a simple spoon-feeding interface.

Unless you can show me it's actually quite simple?

If it's a long term thing and is more professional I can justify making one but otherwise nyah.

Is it just me, or has anyone else read Daft's Tumblr name as Vicious Vandal and not Vicarious Vandal?

Freudian slip?

Wordpress looks to be the most convoluted thing ever. Just, ergh. I hate doing extraction shit and manual shizzle, I need a simple spoon-feeding interface.

Unless you can show me it's actually quite simple?

If it's a long term thing and is more professional I can justify making one but otherwise nyah.

Tumblr is very easy to use. You have full access to the HTML too so you can make it into anything. Tumblr also has networking built into it, which is nice.

Is it a self-hosted one? What do you have already (in terms of a server and what you can access)?

It's likely a pain to do the initial installation, but once you've done that updates and installing themes/plugins are done straight from the interface. So it's just the initial hurdle.

I'm just wondering why Wordpress seems such a draw for more serious blogging... It's more permanent isn't it > no chance of being bought out as it's a much more user-interlinking thingameshizzle. I'm sure Tumblr's good but Imma getting magnetised somewhat into this other utility.

@ Cube > I've done nothing. It just seems like a bit of a hell-hole

I read this and was like 'uhhh what am I getting myself into?'

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

I might just have a pop at the install process, but it's just a bit shit doing it on my craptop cause it's fucking terrible.

Edited by dwarf

I honestly think the only difference is community. Tumblr has a very certain ethic to it, as do Wordpress/Blogger.

What do you want to blog about?

Tumblr is pretty much my online scrapbook, for anything I find or any editing/design I do.

Actually screw WordPress. Just can't be doing with extracting shit, that goes beyond my PC and my mental strength.

Let's hope you're right Daft.

I only ever used the web interface for Wordpress.

What do you want it for exactly?

Deeeep thoughts, cause I'm a totally deep person and all.

But otherwise general musings and occasionally something detailed about an interesting thing that may have happened/realisations etc.

Not really the same reasons as you I guess but ain't that the beauty?

I'm not planning on just tapping out whimsical bullshit though. Currently sorting through settings and shizzle.

I like Tumblr.

Worse comes to worse it does have its uses as a place to just go a bit crazy.

Man, yeah. I use it as a personal blog, a friend of mine uses it as a Music Technology resource, another uses it strictly for TV show quotes they like, one for Reblogs only and so on and so forth.

Tumblr is the shit.