NEurope
Daft

Tumblr

I've been on Tumblr for just over a year and I love it. You can totally personalise your dash to see exactly what you wanna be seeing by choosing cool people to follow and it's really fulfilling getting followers yourself. I have a few blogs, but they're all connected:

hamishmash.tumblr.com is my personal one featuring Doctor Who, Disney, Pokemon, Pretty Men, Kids TV, Cult Comedy, David Bowie, Victorian Stuff, and of course my day-today stuff. I'm a comedian so I hope to put my standup gigs and random stuff on here too.

www.hamishsteele.com I use Tumblr for my professional art blog which has all my links to stuff and all the art I want people to see.

http://fyskellingtons.tumblr.com/ is a blog dedicated to Skeletons (cos there's a little bit of skeleton in all of us.)

http://kaijusaurus.tumblr.com/ is dedicated to Godzilla and other movie monsters.

http://fucknolisasimpson.tumblr.com/ is a VERY NSFW blog which shows the terrifying, vomit-inducing and down right WEIRD world of terrible Simpsons fan art with a particular focus on Lisa Simpson (cos she is usually the worst subject of these distressing creations.)

I also write for this music blog: http://sub4love.tumblr.com/

No, I don't have tumblr because I don't want to post any complaints that I have for the world to see.

I think I'm kind of addicted to tumblr.

I'm kind of surprised Rez hasn't got one. He loves to pimp himself out. (Hint: Rez, get a tumblr.)

so quickly in a sentence tell me what it is and whether its worth having along with twitter and facebook and whether it can feed into the likes of them.

so quickly in a sentence tell me what it is and whether its worth having along with twitter and facebook and whether it can feed into the likes of them.

It's a blog site, like Blogger and Wordpress. I believe all three can be made to automatically post updates on Facebook/Twitter.

I'd say it was more like an expanded Twitter than a blog site (I believe it's termed 'micro-blogging'). Connectivity wise it's very much like Twitter, content wise it's pretty much a blog. I prefer it to Wordpress and blogger because I find it way quicker and easier to post stuff to it and reblogging stuff is easy, too.

Like Cube said, they can automate each other to an extent.

I'd say it was more like an expanded Twitter than a blog site (I believe it's termed 'micro-blogging'). Connectivity wise it's very much like Twitter, content wise it's pretty much a blog. I prefer it to Wordpress and blogger because I find it way quicker and easier to post stuff to it and reblogging stuff is easy, too.

Like Cube said, they can automate each other to an extent.

well turns out I've already got an account forgotten my password tho so waiting for password reset email to come through...

I still don't really get tumblr. Are you supposed to post your own work, or re-post things from the internet you find amusing? Cos whenever i've visited, it's always seemed like the latter, and i can never tell which is original work, and which is re-posted from somewhere.

I still don't really get tumblr. Are you supposed to post your own work, or re-post things from the internet you find amusing? Cos whenever i've visited, it's always seemed like the latter, and i can never tell which is original work, and which is re-posted from somewhere.

99% tends to be re-posts, for me it's a blog in picture form, I prefer to say something through an image rather than a wall of text.

ok so I'm set up....

www.adamducker.tumblr.com

I'm mainly gonna use it as a way of posting to both facebook and twitter (I don't like having twitter going directly into facebook as often retweet stuff I don't want on facebook) so yeah but I may be tempted to start blogging other stuff such as opinions etc...so please follow me and I'll follow you back.

I look at it like a Twitter Plus. Although, like nightwolf said, more visual.

I look at it like a Twitter Plus. Although, like nightwolf said, more visual.

yeah just browsing around can see that and offers a lot of things that facebook doesn't either!

ok so I'm set up....

www.adamducker.tumblr.com

I'm mainly gonna use it as a way of posting to both facebook and twitter (I don't like having twitter going directly into facebook as often retweet stuff I don't want on facebook) so yeah but I may be tempted to start blogging other stuff such as opinions etc...so please follow me and I'll follow you back.

Don't you share twitter stuff by joining accounts and adding #fb to your tweets anyway so you choose?

Don't you share twitter stuff by joining accounts and adding #fb to your tweets anyway so you choose?

no i don't lol...didn't even know you could hashtag #fb to designate stuff to post to facebook. Nevermind got tumblr set up and quite like it :) Think I'm following everyone on here who has posted their address so please follow me back.

I've started doing a Tumblr, but it's a bit emo. So i will never let anyone read. Lulz.

I've been on Tumblr 8 days and I've made 49 posts. Yeah, I'm a little bit addicted.

how do you get your blog to display more than just your most recent post Every theme I try only shows my most recent.

Does tumblr differ from other blog sites? If so, how. I clicked on Dyson's through the link in his sig aaages ago (years...?) but it didn't seem to be greatly different from Wordpress.

So thats what that hashtag means?

I think I'm kind of addicted to tumblr.

I'm kind of surprised Rez hasn't got one. He loves to pimp himself out. (Hint: Rez, get a tumblr.)

You has ze bug! :love:

I love tumblr because I can very easily post images and such compared to wordpress, which in itself is quite easy, but I just prefer it.

It's also my university blog:

here

Yes I'm original with my names.

I'm trying to get used to it, but i can't see an obvious way to communicate with other users, aside from reblogging, or liking, etc. I don't like that. I like to be able to comment!

I guess Tumblr just doesn't roll like that? :sad: