NEurope
Happenstance

Your teenage/school/college playlist?

For my teenage/high school years, I listened to:

Evanescence (A LOT. Seriously.), Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit (:nono: I have to live with that shame for the rest of my life :p), Jimmy Eat World (only Bleed American as that's all I had), Kid Rock, The Offspring, Lostprophets (Last Summer got so much play time), Journey, Seether, 12 Stones, Sevendust, HIM, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, Puddle of Mudd and probably many other things.

The only things there that I've carried on listening to are Jimmy Eat World, HIM, and of course Journey.

Edit: Oh and Lighthouse Family. How could I forget that I used to, and still do, listen to them quite a lot.

Edited by Ganepark32

Lots of anime, videogame and Blink 182. That's basically it.

Nowadays I like way more stuff, but I still consider myself a total music noob.

For my teenage/high school years, I listened to:

Evanescence (A LOT. Seriously.), Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit (:nono: I have to live with that shame for the rest of my life :p), Jimmy Eat World (only Bleed American as that's all I had), Kid Rock, The Offspring, Lostprophets (Last Summer got so much play time), Journey, Seether, 12 Stones, Sevendust, HIM, 3 Doors Down, Creed, Breaking Benjamin, Hoobastank, Puddle of Mudd and probably many other things.

The only things there that I've carried on listening to are Jimmy Eat World, HIM, and of course Journey.

Edit: Oh and Lighthouse Family. How could I forget that I used to, and still do, listen to them quite a lot.

Hah, that's eerily similar music tastes to myself. The eerie part being the Lighthouse Family. I still get goosebumps when I hear the opening bongos on Ocean Drive.

Limp Bizkit (:nono: I have to live with that shame for the rest of my life :p),

No shame in that at all man, I can't wait for them to bring their new album, and watching them in 2009 was such an awesome experience!

You're missing the best high school band ever.

blink1822.jpg

Don't you mean middle school? I mean, you're my age (well, one year younger, but still), so... by the time you got to high school their career was pretty much over.

secondary school

Nirvana

Foo Fighters

Korn

Slipknot

Rage against the machine

Deftones

Smashing Pumpkins

College

Metallica

Iron Maiden

Megadeth

The Prodigy

Aphex Twin

random electronica and drum n bass

I still probably listen to most of it now and again, taste is definitely a lot more varied now though.

Oh and Lighthouse Family. How could I forget that I used to, and still do, listen to them quite a lot.

Ah, someone else who appreciates Lighthouse Family. Thought i was the only one, glad that i ain't.

Now, prepare yourselves here. My school and college play-lists are completly diffferent. There may be some songs contained within that may lead to embarrasment, for that i apologise in advance.

Below is a sample of what i listened to, i only followed 1 or two groups/singers when i was in school. If you guess right, you get a lollypop.

School Playlist

The above i listened to around 1997 through to around 2002, when i left school.

College Playlist

From 2003 to 2006, see the difference in taste. I listen to much of the below. Same as above, a sample of stuff below.

A proper playlist would have a few one-hit wonders - All-american rejects, the acadamy is..., etc.

Extact same thing when I saw the end of your post and saw The Academy Is...

Also Cute is what we aim for... used to listen to them all the time, and again still really really like them!

<3 <3 <3 album-almost-here.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, it was jay under his old 'emo' username (that was you right? I haven't made that up?) who recommended The Academy Is... to me many moons ago. The album definitely reminds me of sixth form, saw the first two shows they played in London, good memories of being young, stupid and trying to get drinks.