N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 17: 1, 2, you know what to do.

Haden

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at my next matches I don't think I will be able to win any of my next three games, and the fifth match is an away match so I don't have big chances there either. And when I finally have a good match up my form probably has big red cross over it. Like the entire screen.

I hate the middle league. I want back down.

Strange, I definitely[\b] set my squad last night but it referred to my default one but thankfully I still won and didn't have any injuries! Wouldve been pissed if I'd lost after that!

Hold on - WTF??

I checked on my phone about an hour ago and for some reason it was showing a game from last season as my latest match so I thought that was it. I did set my tactics, still won but my best striker has been crippled until the 15th!!! Going to miss 3 matches now, total baw ache.

elite1.gif

Save Us X11

Edd Kirby Athletic 4-2 Battlestar Odwinica

Athletic playing 4-4-2 made their top league debut hosting Odwinica also playing 4-4-2 and that saw them earn a dramatic victory. Odwinica tried to make things uncomfortable for Athletic as they went in hard for every ball, this earned Odwinica 3 early yellow cards. More worrying, Atheltics captain Hill was badly injured and will be out for several games, he was replaced by the youth Brailey. Odwinica had a big injury of their own when Sherawat took a knock and had to be subbed. Creatively the first half was driven by Athletics midfield and it paid off when the substitute Brailey headed the ball in just before half time to a huge cheer from the Athletic crowd. Kirby Jr who had a superb game played a lovely direct ball to Mortimer who curled it past the goalie to make it 2-0 on the 45th minute. Odwinica seemed badly on the back foot and needed to turn things around in the 2nd half. With Backer not playing Howarth took it upon himself to inspire his teammates, he moved forward and set up Groves for a shot that pinged in off the post. Odwinica were inspired by this and carried on attacking, in one of these attacks Bain the Athletic goalie injured himself and was subbed. Sensing blood Odwinica went after Athletic intensely and were awarded a free kick that Howarth blasted past the new goalie who had been on for 2 minutes. Immediately Brailey stepped up again and set up Baldry to head the ball into the Odwinica net giving an instant response. Desperatly trying to get back into the match, veteran Odwinica midfielder Groves slid in late and earned himself a 2nd yellow reducing Odwinica to 10 men. Kirby Jr always dangerous set up McKenna to wrap things up in the 94th minute making it 4-2. Athletic fully deserved this win and couldn't have asked for a more dramatic first game in the top league. Odwinica will lick their wounds and be back ready for the next game.

Roostophe Rovers 3-1 Dysonian Wanderers

The El Clásico of the Elite league is still with us this season after Rovers were saved from relegation because of league numbers changing. Rovers wanted to prove they deserve to be in this league and played a 3-5-2 against the current champions Wanderers who went for an aggressive 3-4-3. In the end Rovers extra midfielder was more useful that Wanderers extra attacker. Rovers created double the chances Wanderers did they set the tone early when Digby set Haspolati free to smash in the first goal. Mazzoleni made it 2-0 with a header before half time. By the time Agbonlahor curled in a long shot for his 11th career goal at 80 minutes it was all over. One consolation for Wanderers was new youth forward Segar toe poking a cross into the net to score on his debut and make the final score 3-1. A decent win for Rovers but Wanderers won't lose to much sleep over this result.

Bayern Bru 2-1 Happenstance FC

Bru secured a close victory in a match where both teams played 4-3-3. The omens for Happenstance where bad in their first match back in the top flight, they hadn't beaten Bru since 2009. Things started well however as youth striker Dibbler scored the 10th goal of his career by toe poking a ball in from a corner. However in the space of 3 minutes after the restart Heinze and Rundberg set each other up, Rundberg scored with a header while Heinze volleyed in a Rundberg corner. After this Unsworth was badly injured for Happenstance and their midfield never recovered. Bru began to create more and more chances but Lindpere their top striker was also hurt and this stopped Bru scoring more. It would have been interesting to know what would have happened in this match without the loss of those two players. However for Bru its a good 3 points while Happenstance will be pleased they were competitive.

Haden United 1-1 Silverdale Hotpot

United failed to secure 3 points at home against a tactically initiative Silverdale. United played 4-4-2 against a counter attacking 5-3-2 Silverdale formation. After only 12 minutes Silverdale hit United on the break and their target man Sidwell rounded the United goalie to make it 1-0. Soon afterwards Dotson chipped a ball into the box that Weesle chested down and volleyed home. Silverdale seemed to have won the tactical battle after this limiting chances for United, when Durov was injured in the 65th minute United lost a driving force in midfield. Silverdale will take this as a well earned draw while United will be annoyed that their talent didn't find a breakthrough.

Mcoys Sons 3-4 Essex Elites

In a very exciting game the Sons sporting a 3-5-2 formation lost to the Elites who used a 4-5-1 set up. Things started off well for the Sons as Gaye lost his marker and smashed the ball into the net to make it 1-0. However before the break the Sons lost both Gaye and key defender Curtis to injuries. The Elites who had been quiet in the 1st half buoyed by this double injury sprang into life creating 9 chances in the 2nd half! Cotino scored via a header and then set up Sharpe for a great counter attacking goal. Their 3rd was Sharpe again who curled home a lovely long range shot to rack up his 7th career goal. The Sons defender Rossall took command when Curtis left and helped set up Jbil for a close range goal to make it 3-2. With 5 minutes to go the relatively new signing Fakaj shot in a goal that went in off the post. Rossall combined again with Jbil setting him up for a shot just outside the box in the dying seconds of the game to make it 4-3. But it was to late the Elites had gained a famous victory for the Sons they will look back and think what could have been if two of their key men stayed on.

Most Important Result – Edd Kirby Athletic 4-2 Battlestar Odwinica, Athletic win their first ever top league game against a tough opponent.

Turned on Style – Essex Elites, were devastating in exposing the weaknesses of an injury struck Sons side.

Player of the Day – Sam Brailey, Edd Kirby Athletic, the young midfielder came on and inspired his team at two crucial points in the game.

neuromiddleleaguelogo80.jpg

AFC ReZs Rabies 0 - 2 Madpool

Madpool begin their promotion campaign with a convincing win in this first encounter between the two sides.

Madpool played a 4-5-1 formation, but it was the midfielders who got their name on the scoresheet. Sedgewick opened the scoring in the 14th minute and then Hiles doubled the lead fifteen minutes later. Rabies just didn't look like getting into it with making only one chance per half.

In the second half, Sedgewick turned from hero to villain after being sent off for a second bookable offence. He will miss Tuesday's game at home to Recall United.

Rising Phoenix 3 - 0 Eights United

This match was a rather easy one for the Nexus side. A 4-3-3 formation paid dividends with Lorimer getting a brace, and Eklind getting the other with Bolam setting him up. Eights United were poor up front and would do better than results like this - and better performances - if they want to remain in the Middle League.

Recall United 1 - 1 The Sixty-Fourthers

Recall United were saved from relegation after the league restructuring, and were perhaps determined to make use of their second chance. A home game against relegated 64ers wasn't going to be easy, however.

There was late, late drama in this one. The 64ers were expected to win this one and even more so when Hagolahi sent a free-kick straight in on 47.

It looked like it was a win for 64ers after Dabic was sent off on 89, but the advantage in numbers didn't help within the final minutes, and then Streep tapped in an equaliser in the 93rd minute to rescue a point.

Cubic County 0 - 0 Hammerboys FC

A boring game with few chances, a no-score draw was highly likely. Hammerboys played a 4-3-3 formation but they could only produce one chance in the whole game. They couldn't rely on Falk as he had a terrible match. County played a 4-4-2 and also had a forward playing badly in Kinsella. Both teams defended very well against poor midfield and offence and there was no chance of breaking the deadlock.

Perhaps the only real part of the match to mention is Henrikson's injury on 79 which leaves him out of the next two matches.

Intergalactico Stars 4 - 1 Emo Blades

Inter continue their long winning streak with their first win in the Middle League. Inter began brightly and opened the scoring in only the second minute with Nash's headed shot. Forlan doubled the lead just under 10 minutes later, then Nash blagged his second on 16.

Although Blades got one back two minutes after the restart, they were never going to truly get back into this game. Forlan sealed the points with a long-range effort on 65.

Most Important Result - Intergalactico Stars 4 - 1 Emo Blades. Last season's most dominant team continue to be just that.

Turned on the Style - Rising Phoenix, good performance against a poor Eights side.

Player of the Day - Kevin Nash. Refueled (with Diesel, no less) and back to scoring with two goals in the first game. Will we see more goals from him as the season progresses?

Sorry that my match reports aren't as good as Haden's. :hmm:

Great win against a stronger opponent. The results surprised me too Cube :P Got some nice performance boost of this. Going to need it when I play an even stronger opponent on Friday.

Lol, my goal keeper got a yellow card for "tackling someone from behind". Wonder how that happened.