NEurope
LegoMan1031

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

How come it is coming out on the 360 as well? I thought MGS was Sony's baby. Now i don't know which console to buy it on...

Together with their the new engine that's designed for PS360/PC/NGP it's one of the final nails in the coffin for 3rd party exclusivity. Can only be a good thing in the future.

Together with their the new engine that's designed for PS360/PC/NGP it's one of the final nails in the coffin for 3rd party exclusivity. Can only be a good thing in the future.

Agreed. I've never understood some of the 3rd parties' loyalty to Sony. Is it just because they are Japanese and the companies try to forget the West exists?

They obviously benefit from exclusivity in some way, there's some 3rd party titles that would clearly make a killing if they went multiformat.

Boxarts:

QDyGk.jpg

IJTo7.jpg

I thought it was just one collection with all 3 titles on? Seperate boxart says a different story. But this is maybe the actual box art here;

Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection_PS3_RP_ver0boxart_160w.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-HD-Collection_X360_RP_ver0boxart_160w.jpg

Glad this is coming. I played Portable Ops and loved it but by the time Peace Walker came I was less forgiving to controls I think. Also like this:

Another feature both collections support is Kojima's new "lifestyle" called "Transfarring." That is not a typo -- Transfarring. Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off.

If it's Sony's baby, Konami has some explaining to do about The Twin Snakes.

Peach Walker sounds delicious, though. :hehe:

Haha, good point! Shows i must have been tired when writing that because i recognised silicon knights i just forgot about it being on gamecube... (lol)

Ah right, yeah i wouldn't say it is a big thing either!

i can finally buy Peace Walker!, i've not used my psp for so long, so i never bought it

what if they do this for the café with exclusive Twin Snakes? after all it was a Nintendo exclusive

Awesome. My only reason to want a 3DS is gone. MGS3 is amazing.

Yes, but after this years E3, it will be cool to like Nintendo products again.

The5thNintendoElement.gif

I agree to an extent though, Konami just killed the 3DS version.

I'm really looking forward to this and Resi 4, wish they were coming a bit sooner though!

According to this ShopTo news story Zavvi have got the exclusive rights to sell the 'ultimate' edition.

Zavvi has nabbed the world exclusive rights to Metal Gear Solid Ultimate HD Collection, this collection adds both Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 4 to the bumper box of stealth and action.

The ultimate version of the MGS collection will only available on PS3, the first Metal Gear Solid will available via download code only and MGS4 will be included in disc format.

It comes in a steelbook case which is limited to 4000 worldwide as each individually numbered. The set costs 69.85 and comes with a set of five art cards too. In addition, Zavvi are slating the games to release on the 25th of November.

http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/08/15/zavvi-grabs-mgs-ultimate-hd-collection/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Bit more expensive than the 'standard' collection considering ShopTo are selling that one for £29.

Edited by Mike1988uk

According to the MGS facebook page delayed in Europe until February:

In our effort to bring the best possible Metal Gear Solid experience to our loyal fans, we must unfortunately announce a slight delay for the release of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for the European market.

Metal Gear HD Collection, featuring remastered versions of Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, will be arriving on PS3 and Xbox360 in February 2012. Thank you for your patience as we strive to bring you your favorite Metal Gear titles in 1080P and 60 frames-per-second!

According to the MGS facebook page delayed in Europe until February:

Which is why I imported from the US! :D My PS3 copy just arrived today. I'm gonna start with MGS3 as it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Which is why I imported from the US! :D My PS3 copy just arrived today. I'm gonna start with MGS3 as it's one of my favourite games of all time.

Awesome!

Is there much improvements in terms of how it looks?

Not that it will stop be getting it when it comes out over here! :D

Awesome!

I only had a quick blast yesterday so I havent got much to say yet.

When you boot up the game all 3 games are side by side in order of the timeline. So it starts with MGS3 then Peace Walker and finally MGS2.

Visually the game looks great, very clean. They've done a great job but it's also a testament to how well the game looked back in the day. I never got to play the Subsistance version of MGS3, so having control of the camera was a nice surprise and has been a joy.

I will put alot more time into it today.

I only had a quick blast yesterday so I havent got much to say yet.

When you boot up the game all 3 games are side by side in order of the timeline. So it starts with MGS3 then Peace Walker and finally MGS2.

Visually the game looks great, very clean. They've done a great job but it's also a testament to how well the game looked back in the day. I never got to play the Subsistance version of MGS3, so having control of the camera was a nice surprise and has been a joy.

I will put alot more time into it today.

Cool, I had never played the Subsistance version either!

Awesome!

Gametrailers Review

For info on all the content, visuals etc...

I played some more of this today, just defeated The Fury, which is easily the weakest boss fight in the game. The game is still amazing though, with The End fight hands down one of the greatest boss fights from any game.

When I was fighting The Fear he managed to get a few hits on me with his crossbow. One of them landed straight in the middle in Snake's head. For the rest of the game it stayed there, just standing up vertically and wobbling a little whenever I ran. :D

I will say I need to get out of the habit of trying to crouch and run at the same time. I just keep sliding across the floor.

Platinum Get!

Man, I forgot how good the game was, especially the ending sequence. It's such a great story with a very emotional ending.

I loaded my game up today and that arrow was still stuck in Snakes head. :D I thought it may have disappeared once I knocked the game off.

I'm looking forward to playing Peace Walker next as I never got around to playing it on the PSP. I will probably wait til i've played though Zelda SS though, gives me a little break from all the stealth.

The best part about The End is that you can essentially skip the fight if you want.

The best part about The End is that you can essentially skip the fight if you want.

Yeah, I did that back on the PS2. Amazing way to finish a boss fight. :laughing:

Finally got hold of this today. Going to give MGS2 a solid play through tomorrow.

@Ramar how did you do? I got the set about a fortnight ago, and I'm still focusing solely on MGS2. I'm currently on my 5th playthrough (started on normal, had to do normal again for the tags >_<). I'm presently swearing at the TV due to the sniper/emma/oil bridge bit.

I kinda have a love/hate thing with how the game lets you unlock the wigs/bandanas/stealth as the game gets harder. It makes the majority of teh game easier, but then suddenly at the boss sections the game is BACK TO RIDICULOUSAAAAH...

I bought this 'collection' aware that MGS2 was more of a movie than a game, thus I went into it with a lot of patience. I also played through Twin Snakes about 20 times getting the tags on all difficulties, and doing the same with this game has brought back a lot of fun memories. I love starting the game an absolute noob (diving onto the floor instead of running away, etc) and then progressing to the stage where I know the guard movement patterns and know how many ups/downs I have to press to get to the item/weapon I want.

80g is waiting for me for completing the game on hard and extreme (for the tags)... and man, I'm not looking forward to the hard slug that extreme'll present. Then it's the VR stuff, boss survival, snake missions and whatever else I've forgotten, before I get onto MGS3 and start again!

the achievements all seem doable, just requiring a lot of time. If I can succeed, then this'll be my proudest 1k.

Also, it's nice that the only metal gear games I've played before are Twin Snakes and... the game boy colour Metal Gear Solid! So this collection should pretty much complete things for me (I hear metal gear 1 and 2 are on it somewhere...)