NEurope
dan-likes-trees

Six Feet Under

Six-feet-under.jpg

SO I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS.

Got myself the first season on DVD, it's excellent, and it has Dexter in it! Seems in some ways like a continuation of American Beauty which is certainly no bad thing.

Brenda is the best part. Weird relationship with her brother is really interesting.

Anyway, any other fans?

And, question: does it remain good for the whole 6 seasons? / is it worth buying the entire series boxset? I kind of can't see it staying good for that long.

This is basically next on my list after Mad Men/technically BSG (but I suspect I'll way prefer this to BSG)

Six Feet Under is awesome and I will cut anyone who says otherwise.

And, question: does it remain good for the whole 6 seasons? / is it worth buying the entire series boxset? I kind of can't see it staying good for that long.

It's only five seasons, but yes, it does stay good throughout. In fact, I remember reading somewhere that they decided to make the fifth season the last so they could end the show before they ran out of ideas.

I wish more TV shows would do that.

Absolutely amazing series, this. I've never felt so emotionally involved in fiction before or since, to be honest. The Fisher family feel so uncanny and real that seeing the series end was just gutting. Ends beautifully though. as you'd expect.

Some farfetch'd moments here and there, but overall majestically good.

Also, best finale ever.

I will re-double the above statements; the series ending is the best in anything ever. It is worth watching all of it just for that.

And Claire is a hottie, so watch it for her too.

And in general, yeah, fantastic show. I watched all 5 season in a week a couple of years ago. 4 and 5 were my faves, my memory seems to be saying.

And Claire is a hottie, so watch it for her too.

She starts out kind of meh, but by the 5th season you can't help but fall completely head over heels in love with her. It's just a monumental achievement, considering her somewhat revolting personality.

Yeah, I genuinely love Claire. Like...actually do.

Is it because of the...

... lesbian phase?

:heh:

I bought the whole series with the first paycheck from my job last year, it is such an incredible series. I liked the ending a lot too, though it wasn't my favourite scene of the show - see my sig for one of them. I'm pretty sure series 2 and 5 were my favourites.

I'm glad the general consensus is awesome.

cbacc27a02a0158d66435110.L.jpg

It's in the post.

I win!! I have the cool version!

six-feet-under.jpg