NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Is that meant to look like gash?

I think that's the whole point.

I think the retro style looks great.

I disagree, though it does look fun. Longevity probably goes begging.

Youtube heading to the Vita in June.

Hi everyone! PS Vita was developed with the idea of creating and delivering compelling content for gamers. With the recent announcements of applications such as nico nico, Treasure Park, Wake-up Club, and Skype, we’re continuing to build out PS Vita’s portfolio of applications. Today, we’re very excited to announce the latest application addition to PS Vita – YouTube!

Coming at the end of June, YouTube will be available as a free downloadable application for PS Vita via the PS Vita Store. With the YouTube application on PS Vita, you can watch millions of YouTube videos on the stunning 5” OLED screen, from comedy to gaming tips to today’s viral trends. The YouTube application features many of the functions you’re already familiar with – you can easily search for videos, choose favorites and make comments, and your personal YouTube account is available right on your PS Vita.

As we move further into 2012, we look forward to introducing you to more unique, social and immersive experiences only available on PS Vita. How will you use YouTube on PS Vita?

But no mention of Netflix? SCEE fail.

If your that desperate mate - then do this!

Here’s how to do it:

■Go to Settings – Format – Restore the PS Vita System.

■Now, go through with this but do NOT deactivate/unlink the account and also do NOT format the memory card.

■Then the system will reboot. During the setup, enter your US SEN credentials (if you don’t have a US account, create one).

■When that’s done, go to the PS Store and download the Netflix app.

■Go through the restore again, doing it the same way.

■Set up your system with your UK account.

■Do the usual DNS changes like you have done already on your PS3 or 360 IF you want the US catalog instead of the UK one.

■Start the Netflix app. It will say you can’t earn trophies with this app (because it wasn’t purchased with your account).

■Obviously just ignore that as there are none anyway

■Log in with your Netflix details and…Enjoy!

Holy fuck. Even though I agree with the sentiments that this game may be slightly over hyped, the soundtrack is fucking spectacular. Going to include one of my favourites..

Played the demo, absolutely loved it. Definitely getting this. Gat style, great mechanic, more of a story than I was expecting.

I thought the controls were pretty terrible. Not sure what the obsession is with this game.

I've kind of gone off it. If it was a launch title it would have been an instant buy.

Just liked the style and gameplay mechanic, could offer up some really inventive levels.

That ostensibly contradicts IGN's article on PSOne support. Why would they roll games out gradually if support is blanket?

Anyway, here's the Vita montage Sony apparently forgot to show during their conference:

I can't believe they didn't put that in the conference. 2:46 minutes long, that's sod all. Some good stuff there.

Only 17 minutes? Could have sworn it was on stage for a couple eternities.

That is crazy they didn't show that... All 3 companies are losing the plot :)

Just found out that there's another PS3 port making it's way to Vita: Need for Speed Most Wanted (It's the Criterion one, not a different one like Android/iOS).

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/06/vita-psone-classics-to-be-rolled-out-gradually/

PS1 Classics will be released gradually on Vita. Because Sony hate the Vita.

Woah woah woah, so i was right when i posted something along those lines in the conference thread?

WHY what is with that madness? it pissed me off so much with the PSP that it was about 2 years before europe got any decent psone classics, we only got Resident evil 2 and 3 a few months back when they've been out in other regions for about a year more!

What are they thinking, it should just be flipping a switch to allow the firmware to use all psone classics.

I really want a Vita but there aren't enough games that i like yet, the PSone classics had me thinking i might buy one then so i can play the Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games i already own.

*sigh* looks like i still can't retire my phat psp

That ostensibly contradicts IGN's article on PSOne support. Why would they roll games out gradually if support is blanket?

Who the hell is right then? god i wish companies would be clear on what they are doing.

Guess i'll wait for the "Launch" to check what happens

i sure hope it isn't the madness of a staggered psone classics for Vita

LBP Vita is the real deal. Got into the beta and it's bloody amazing! :o

Runs at native res, runs smooth as butter, looks as good as LBP2 (except the water. Looks a bit rubbish, but it is a beta after all!), has all the features of the PS3 game, touch stuff works well, online works as well as the PS3 one, it's all good :D

Surprised that they didn't just go ahead and call it LBP3! You can even have sub levels within levels now (complete with custom menus) and it saves your progress too!!!

My only complaint is that there is no local multiplayer option. That's a pretty big flaw IMO. Hopefully they'll add it down the line, because I suspect that the servers wont stay online forever.

Edited by Dcubed

No local multiplayer is weird, can't imagine it would be too hard to implement so there's no excuse really. Personally, I'm barely ever in a situation where I could do that and not be near WiFi, so I'm not bothered, but they should sort that shit out.

Good to hear that it's not a duff version. Ever since getting LBP2 free on Plus, I've kind of fallen for it. Makes the first LBP feel like a real false dawn (even though it was impressive at the time).

Freaking insane deal!

Starts: 15/06/2012 Expires: 17/06/2012

The amazing Playstation Vita game Everybody's Golf is now £7.99 on the Playstation Store. If you're a PS+ member it's even more of a bargain - only £7.19.

Cheap as chips!

Dicko2.jpg