NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

My girlfriend is looking for a Vita :D She keeps playing Crypt of the Necrodancer on mine, she had quite some fun with Shovel Knight last year and since yesterday Flame Over seems to be something she enjoys.

She found a used PSVita slim + an 8 GB memory card + some games (i.e. the mega pack 1; includes - among others - LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout, Ratched & Clank) for 120€

She also found a used "original" Vita + 16 GB memory card without games for 110€. The seller seems a bit dubious, though...his/her German is horrendous which is never a good sign on ebay (sounds racist, but isn't).

Anyway, the lady will, as always, spend the next few days pondering over whether she should by one or not. Let's see how she'll decide :laughing: If she gets one, I'll buy her a PS Store card so she can get one or two games :)

His n her gaming. :love:

Cute!

I'd love it if my partner gamed, but he has zero interest in it.

Even Mario. And Lego games. The perfect co-op experiences!

I sometimes question our relationship :blank:

I jest. :D

In other news, my Vita is arriving today but I just had a thought... there will be no UK plug?

I guess it just comes with the power brick? May have to try and buy one tonight.

The cable it comes with is USB, although I've always just used the plug that comes with it though so can't vouch for the charging using it that way

Hmm maybe it can charge through PS4?

I'd test it, but it got delivered to a neighbour today and they've been home from work (whilst we've all been home) and haven't dropped it off, nor did they answer the door when we knocked and they were in. :blank:

As an aside note, I bought that house in January and move in this month (hopefully), so I might just break in as technically it's my house :heh: haha.

His n her gaming. :love:

Cute!

:D Yes, we're cute. Sometimes.

I sometimes question our relationship :blank:

I jest. :D

You say you jest...:p

By the way, did I know you are gay? Well, now I know. Not sure why I'm writing this. I'm bored.

Anyway, the lady has found an "original" Vita (the one with an OLED screen) for 90€ (comes with a 4GB memory card).

She'll probably pick it up sometime next week (if she doesn't change her mind).

Oh my, it begins. :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

So my Vita arrived and I have been using remote play all night - and I absolutely love it.

Resident Evil looks great on the Vita screen and controls great too. The only query I have, is the touch pad buttons. They are to used in RE:Zero to get the map to change to different areas but I can't activate it at all?

Is there a way to touch the touch pad to register it? I have tried everything!

The touch pad on the front is mapped to the screen, and works perfectly but cannot get the rear touch pad controls to work?

So @Aneres11 you're not the only one who just got a shiny new Vita! I did too! Unfortunately I had to switch to my canadian account in order to be able to buy digital games quickly. However this has been to my advantage as I did subscribe to a Canadian plus account at some point to get discounts and it turns out I banked a bunch of Vita games; Uncharted, Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Don't Starve plus also got games like Spelunky on cross buy.

So anyway add me flameboyCA and I'm up for any multiplayer does exists on there failing that online leaderboards!

[quote name=Aneres11;1799815

Is there a way to touch the touch pad to register it? I have tried everything!

The touch pad on the front is mapped to the screen' date=' and works perfectly but cannot get the rear touch pad controls to work?[/quote]

Are you playing the game via remote play? If so, it's possible that nothing's mapped to the rear touch pad.

You can check the controls by pressing and holding the Vita Home Button (or whatever it's called) and then going to Button Guide (or something like that :D).

If it's a Vita game...then no idea. I had trouble at first using the rear touch pad. Couldn't reach the thing :D I just had to adjust my grip and then it worked.

Hmm I'll have a look.

It could be that there is no control mapped like you say. I just know that those back ahoulder buttons are used so thought they'd be mirrored there.

I'll try your advice, thanks!

I really like Remote Play.

Works exactly like I want it too. It helps that the Vita has its own selection of games to play too which I never got round to previously.

I also love the slim model. Screen not as good as the original but it is easier to hold and a little more comfortable over longer periods.

for anyone with Digimon Cyber Sleuth there an update i the next few days that will ad new mon source there is also talk that it will nerf Lilithmon, WarGreymon or more specifically any piercing moves - so do those extreme bosses (which are still hard at max level with piercing moves) whilst you have a chance

The lady bought a Vita :D And I got her Crypt of the Necrodancer. Now she's playing...and I don't get any attention. Great...

:laughing:

Once I finished dusting off my Vita like an archaeologist I bought Child of Light (doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread), really enjoying it so far! Not really big on RPGs but this one is good fun so far. Beautiful visuals and sound.

Not enjoying the corrupted launchers of Tearaway or Wipeout though. I can't seem to load either (recently updated) game, guess I'll delete and re-install. Guess I'm used to everything just running smoothly on 3DS.

What's bait? Saying that I'm enjoying Child of Light or that my Vita has corrupted two of my games for no reason?

Nope, just your remark about the 3DS.

By the way...that gif was a joke...

Ha the Vita is trending on Twitter and people are confused as hell.

Seems to be following the release of Axiom Verge.

Seems to be following the release of Axiom Verge.

Ohhhh, completely forgot this has been released on the Vita now. Have been waiting for quite some time :)

Playing Severed, just released, by the guys who made Guacamelee. Loving it

Playing Severed, just released, by the guys who made Guacamelee. Loving it

Downloading now. Will give this a go tonight : peace: Really looking forward to it :)

Downloading now. Will give this a go tonight : peace: Really looking forward to it :)

Yeah, I need to get involved with it but Alienation is like crack and taking all my time.

Alienation is like crack and taking all my time.

Dark Souls III is my gaming crack right now :D Occasionally I'll throw in a mission or two in Alienation. It's just a great pick-up-and-play game.

Just found this on the PSN store, bought it, downloaded it, gave it a couple of runs...it's fucking amazing.

Only 5€, cross-buy (apparently there's an issue if you buy this via the PSVita store...if you want to get this, make sure to use PSN Store; it seems like cross-buy works there) and sooooo great on the Vita.

It's a shame there's no cross-save, but it's a better fit on the Vita, anyway : peace:

Edited by drahkon

Wow. Adventures of Mana has just popped up on the EU PSN store for the Vita. Talk about a stealth release. I'll certainly be picking this up at some point.

Zero Time Dilemma (aka Zero Escape 3) is now out! Problem is...no physical release over here (and 33 quid on the store). Physical version can be imported though from US.

Edited by Sheikah

I started playing Adventures of Mana during my lunch break and I like what i've played so far. Having never played Final Fantasy Adventure I don't have any nostalgia for the game but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying it. It's very simplistic but has a great amount of charm about it.

This will be my next lunch break/Euro 2016 game. :D