NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

SO i bought Persona 4 in the black friday sale on PSN, i'd always thought i'd buy it since everyone raves about it, you know see what all the fuss is about

I didn't start it at first as i was playing Trails in the sky Second Chapter, around 19th December i screwed up on Trails and lost about 4 hours of game play so rage quitted and started Persona 4 Golden

I have to say i hate everyone of you guys who recommended this monumentally enjoyable time sink! I've not put it down! every chance i've got i've been playing P4G, i'm hooked!

This last year i've played Trails in the Sky and found it to be one of the best RPG's i've ever played, up there with Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and other classics, and Perosna 4? well it might have just took the mantel from Chrono Trigger for me, its nigh on perfect, if i had to find a down side? there isn't enough time in the game to spend with all the lovable characters, and i'm dreading any potential choice on relationships with characters because right now i love them all in their own unique ways

Wish i'd not seen H-o-t's teasing of Happenstance above, because i'm now looking at the p4 merc with wallet in hand

P5 best be damn good its got a huge legacy to live up to

Trails in the sky Second Chapter

You picking up Trails of Cold Steel at the end of the month?

P5 best be damn good its got a huge legacy to live up to

Btw Persona 3 is also brilliant and the PSP version is available to play on your Vita.

You picking up Trails of Cold Steel at the end of the month?

Yeah i think so, the art style has changed, i prefer the older look to the games, but I'm still getting it day 1

Theres a few games shortly i want for Vita, Digimon Cyber Sleuth looked good too

Btw Persona 3 is also brilliant and the PSP version is available to play on your Vita.

I'll have to check it out after i've done with P4, tempted to go for a second play through straight away

I really wish they would do a Persona 3 Golden. I still love P3P but it did lose some of its charm when we lost most of the animations.

Yeah i think so, the art style has changed, i prefer the older look to the games, but I'm still getting it day 1

Theres a few games shortly i want for Vita, Digimon Cyber Sleuth looked good too

I can't wait for this, although i'll be getting the PS4 version. It will possibly be my first retail purchase of the year.

My copy of Trails of Cold Steel arrived over weekend (Vita & PS3), pretty sure the release date is the 28th, so that was a nice surprise (didn't get any shipping confirmation). Shame we didn't get the fancy CE the US did.

Ike opens a treature chest.

What luck, a PS Vita was inside!

(outer box)

IMG_20160205_184708.jpg

(inner box)

IMG_20160206_001909.jpg

(First layer of goodies)

IMG_20160206_002025.jpg

A Metal PS Vita draws near!

IMG_20160206_002221.jpg

IMG_20160206_002244.jpg

The Vita is charging...

It looks better in person. Here it is with it's big bro.

IMG_20160206_121046.jpg

(Excuse the dust/reflection of my light in the Vita)

The 2000 model is so much lighter than the 1000 model, it's noticeable immediately.

That's a lovely vita!

Still got my original but might look into that.

Guess it's Japan only but they're region free right?

Where did you pick it up from?

Edited by punio75

I tried to like that but it's a screenshot of a tweet why would you do this to me H-o-T

For the sake of my sanity :p

[tweet]699359536172417025[/tweet]

I tried to like that but it's a screenshot of a tweet why would you do this to me H-o-T

For the sake of my sanity :p

[tweet]699359536172417025[/tweet]

I didn't know we had little wraps for tweets. Now I do. :D

Speaking of which, we could probably do with getting of the GT one now. :(

The Vita is now 4 years old in America....

rTxGgI6.png

:bowdown:

Thanks for doing it your way. The tag way does not work on Tapatalk. :)

Speaking of which, we could probably do with getting of the GT one now. :(

Why don't we keep it for old times sake? The site is still up afterall so old videos can still be linked to. :)

Was a date even given for the entire Game Trailers site going offline? If it's a while then there's still time to re-watch some classic videos on there at least. :D

fuck that tweet is brutal!

Loving my Vita far too much lately (its in my pocket at work and tempting me....) What with P4D, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Trails (in the sky and Cold Steel) AND a replay of P4G, i've not even had time to pick up my 3DS and play the TriForce Heroes i got for Christmas

That's a lovely vita!

Still got my original but might look into that.

Guess it's Japan only but they're region free right?

Where did you pick it up from?

Yeah region free, except Circle is confirm and X is cancel.

I got mine from Nippon Yassan.

Re the Vita then...

I know they're region free... but does it make a difference whether you order an Asian / Japanese one?

Play-Asia has both and the Asia version is just slightly cheaper.

Does it matter? Should I be looking to get one over the other?

Apologies for the potentially stupid questions...!

Just so you know, they're not completely region free. You can't have more than one account on the device at once, which means you can't mix and match downloadable games from two different regions without having two different memory cards. You're ok with retail purchases, but online passes and DLC may be tied to a region.

But no, it doesn't matter what version of the device you get.

That's great, thanks Shorty. :)

I read into it more yesterday but it was difficult to nail down an answer!

I ordered it yesterday anyway (Asian model). With delivery £155.

Which from what I can see, is cheaper than anywhere in the UK for a new one. Really don't understand the high price of them over here.

Plus, the coloured ones are much cooler. :heh:

It will be identical to using a UK Vita. The region limitations in terms of DLC region locking to the same region of the game and the one account per card limitation apply to our UK Vita's the same as an Asian Vita.

Blimey! That's cheap!

Thanks H-o-T! :)

Vita arriving tomorrow apparently. Off to get PS4 now.

I dunno if I could cope playing the PS1 version of RE1 though! Is it enjoyable still?!

Blimey! That's cheap!

Thanks H-o-T! :)

Vita arriving tomorrow apparently. Off to get PS4 now.

I dunno if I could cope playing the PS1 version of RE1 though! Is it enjoyable still?!

It's been a while since i've played it but you can't really go wrong with all 3 of those games for a fiver.