NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Thanks all for the responses. I blew my load and went for the 64GB off Nippon Yasan. They're slow to ship (which is fine) but apparently they might mark the package as a low valued gift to avoid customs.

Almost all PS1 Classics and digital PSP games now work on Vita.

That's pretty sweet. Although all the PS1 games I own digitally PS3 were already compatible so I wasn't actually aware that it was an issue....

It was a bigger issue in North America, where none of the Crash or Spyro games were available.

Jealous of the US PSN sale, they have every Vita game I've been waiting on dropping in price on sale.

Make a US account fella (unless that doesn't work on the Vita for some reason?)

It doesn't. You'd have to be using a separate memory card for each and reset the vita when you swap to unlink the account.

It doesn't. You'd have to be using a separate memory card for each and reset the vita when you swap to unlink the account.

This. It works but its not like the PS3.

Yeah, can't be bothered swapping accounts. Our sale is pretty terrible as expected.

Wow! The GOW Collection is a terrible port...

Low resolution (looks about as blurry as the original PS2 version on a HDTV, maybe even worse), capped at 30FPS (with frequent dips into the low 20s, high teens), sound is compressed to hell and the FMVs have been reduced in quality too (understandable given that they need to cram both games into the one Vita card, but damn...).

The rear touch pad being used in place of R2 for opening chests/contextual actions is also a regrettable choice.

Good thing I got this for free by owning the PS3 collection digitally. You actually get a better gameplay experience from playing the game via remote play! :o

Avoid!

That's a shame, they usually seem to do a pretty decent job with these kinds of ports.

well thats one game off my list of buys when i finish FFX! i can't believe its so bad!

That's a shame, they usually seem to do a pretty decent job with these kinds of ports.

True, they're usually pretty darn good. Already had these ages ago free on Plus on the PS3 so not really bothered.

well thats one game off my list of buys when i finish FFX! i can't believe its so bad!

How are you getting on with this? I'm nearly ready to take on all the dark aeons (already done Dark Valefor). It's been fun powering up to complete this fully for the first time.

The Vita is quicly becoming my favorite handheld of all time. Shame about the lack of games, but goddamn do I love this machine!

Bought Mind Zero in the Playstation Summer Sale this morning as I'd heard it was a Persona clone...didnt realise just how much they had ripped it off though.

These are the two cops in the game, for anyone who played Persona 4 I expect they'll look familiar

MIND-ZERO-Hiroaki-Kamata-Nobuhiko-Watanabe.jpg

...Tried to google for a comparison shot but it just came up with a load of fan drawings of Dojima and Adachi getting it on lol

Started playing Doki Doki Universe last night. I have no idea what the hell is going on in this game. :wtf: I was just hopping from asteroid to asteroid answering questions which was supposed to tell me what kind of person I am but has no bearing on the game itself. Very weird.

So I'm seriously looking into getting a VITA, although I'll likely be grabbing a preowned one. Just a couple of questions..

1) If I buy preowned, will there be any problems using it online? It's not 'locked' to the previous user is it? Owning Nintendo console has got me slightly worried..

2) Is the device region free?

3) Recommend me some games biatches.

So I'm seriously looking into getting a VITA, although I'll likely be grabbing a preowned one. Just a couple of questions..

1) If I buy preowned, will there be any problems using it online? It's not 'locked' to the previous user is it? Owning Nintendo console has got me slightly worried..

1 - Shouldn't be any issues, you can reset the machine and it will work fine. It's not locked to a previous user.

2 - It is, but the account you use isn't

3 - Borderlands 2 (Vita version), Tearaway, Terraria (Vita version) and Soul Sacrifice to name a few

Nope, no problems at all.

Yep, in that all physical games from any region can be played on it. Any PSN account can load on it too (any region), but unlike PS3 you can't just easily switch between accounts to download games from various regional stores. No issue at all though if you don't have a US/Japanese PSN account on top of your regular EU account.

Persona 4 Golden is the must have game of the system, no questions asked.

Other amazing games:

Rayman Origins & Legends

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (awesome if you like RPGs)

Zero Escape (sequel to 999)

Disgaea 3 and 4

LittleBigPlanet

Tearaway

Soul Sacrifice

Metal Gear Solid HD

I highly recommend these Indie games too:

Rogue Legacy

Terraria

Spelunky

Hotline Miami

A lot of good to be had on this.

Freedom Wars is also coming out this year and that seems to be getting a lot of buzz. Monster Hunter-like apparently.