NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Personally I think the Vita is very overrated, its library was near no where the levels of the PSP. Mine was basically just a Falcom machine, and most of those were PSP games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I played a grand total of 4 games on mine: Tearaway, Child of Light, Wipeout and Little Big Planet, and went from adored to enjoyed in that order. I bought it for Tearaway though and have zero regrets.

I think a decent chunk of the PS4 audience are more on the casual side of gaming who have it for the big things like COD and FIFA etc and don't really care about portable gaming, hence the poor sales. Shame cause the tech itself seems pretty slick. That OLED screen (before they got rid of it for a worse version) was lovely.

Edited by Ronnie

No other console or handheld has been able to pull this off...

Dz9FJgOXQAEcLXS?format=jpg&name=large

:bowdown::heart::bowdown:

It's a shame I couldn't fit FFX-2, Dissidia and Final Fantasy Tactics in there as well. :D 

I'm now quite tempted to fire up the good version of Final Fantasy IX.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

No other console or handheld has been able to pull this off...

Dz9FJgOXQAEcLXS?format=jpg&name=large

That is simply beautiful. :heart: 

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm now quite tempted to fire up the good version of Final Fantasy IX.

What would the bad version of FFIX be?

45 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What would the bad version of FFIX be?

I know the PS4 version also has that music bug in it as well. 

• Thanks 1

I see.

Haven't really encountered the problems mentioned in the video on my PS4.

I actually never noticed the music bug :laughing: But I'msure I'll get annoyed next time I'll play it. Thanks :blank: 

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, Ike said:

Personally I think the Vita is very overrated, its library was near no where the levels of the PSP. Mine was basically just a Falcom machine, and most of those were PSP games.

That's not so much overrated, that's undersupported. Judging the machine for its capabilities and wasted potential rather than its library, its a great bit of kit.

The only game my brother ever played on the Vita was Persona 4 Golden. Now he's looking to get his own Vita just so he can play it again. Persona 4 Golden alone made the Vita worth it.

Just ordered a 128 GB microSD card. 

With that, I'll probably be set forever :D 

• Like 1

Got my Vita initially just after my PS4 purchase, loved that handheld.  Very underrated, shame it wasn't supported as fruitfully by Sony directly with 1st party games.  It could have been better and probably better received if you could use different memory cards than the ones that had the Vita logo on.

It's a shame, but i'm thankful to have owned a Vita.  Such good gaming memories from that machine.

• Like 2

I might have a spending problem... :laughing: 

WlJ2Guv.png

I bought most of them throughout the Vita's lifespan, the rest came with PS+ (I think?). Still downloading seven games. 12 GB free for the PSOne classics I bought. Next time the old Final Fantasy games are on sale, I will have to buy the ones I'm missing (1-6). I just have to. :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Impressive! Goes to show what a more reasonably priced SD card can enable.

Just FYI it's Visual Novel not Virtual ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shorty said:

Just FYI it's Visual Novel not Virtual ;)

That is true, guess my mind was somewhere else when I named that folder :D 

It's now officially over. @drahkon :cry:

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has officially ended production of PS Vita in Japan, according to the official Japanese PlayStation website.

The pages for the PCH-2000 ZA11 (PS Vita Black) and PCH-2000 ZA23 (PS Vita Aqua Blue) SKUs, which were the only two remaining PS Vita models in production, now read “shipments ended.”

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

giphy.gif

Ok, Sony. Time for PSVita 2. COME ON :( 

Hate to be that guy, but if Sony barely cared about the Vita, I seriously doubt they'll care about a second. Which sucks.

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, Glen-i said:

Hate to be that guy, but if Sony barely cared about the Vita, I seriously doubt they'll care about a second.

Thanks, captain obvious :p 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If only there was a modern day handheld with a gorgeous screen, that connects to a TV, with tons of high quality first party support, the best indie games tripping over themselves to get onboard, and a decent amount of third party supprt... to fill the void left by the Vita :blank:

:heh:

Edited by Ronnie
  • Haha 2

On 2/27/2019 at 2:08 PM, drahkon said:

Next time the old Final Fantasy games are on sale, I will have to buy the ones I'm missing (1-6). I just have to. :D 

Ask and ye shall receive. A new sale has started on PSN and it's Final Fantasy themed. I'm not sure if all of the games are going to be on sale but so far stuff like Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VI, Dissidia and World of Final Fantasy are all 50% off.

Damn, now I have to decide, Devil May Cry 5 or Final Fantasy..

Edit: It's going to be DMC. There will eventually be another FF sale and right now I just don't need the games.

Edited by drahkon

On 30/01/2019 at 6:16 PM, drahkon said:

I also just found out that there's an adapter that let's you use an microSD card instead of the official memory cards. I ordered one and if everything goes well, I can use the 32GB microSD card that I currently don't use with my VITA soon. Definitely won't be enough space to download my complete library but as soon as there's an offer for a 128GB microSD card I'll be all over it :D 

Which one did you order and where from? Saw some on Amazon and it was a lot cheaper than I thought.

26 minutes ago, Ike said:

Which one did you order and where from? Saw some on Amazon and it was a lot cheaper than I thought.

This one

It was 17€ over here in Germany when I bought it. Now it hovers around 20€.

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

This one

It was 17€ over here in Germany when I bought it. Now it hovers around 20€.

Thanks, but I meant the SD2Vita. :laughing:

• Haha 1