NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

thought I would gauge other peoples opinion on this.

Anyone been expecting / looking forward to a new PSP console.

I've more likely hood of marrying Scarlett Johanssen or Anne Hathaway than of sony releasing a new PSP or Vita

Hey guys, a little help here please! I have bought my midget a vita for his birthday with a 8gb memory card. I downloaded the 6 lego games that came with it and that card is pretty much done. I'm going to buy another one but how does that work? I can only sign his own psn name into the vita (he has his own from his PS4), is that saved to internal memory and you can just switch out the memory cards with all the games on them? Or is the psn username stored on the cards?

Also how do I download the ps+ cross buy games onto the vita... In the store it only has 2 vita games but on the ps4 it shows 4 vita games?

Worst thing is that I haven't been downloading the games for his psn since Christmas as my account is set as primary on his machine and I never needed too :/ Now I need to spend about £40 on re-downloading games I got for free!

Hey guys, a little help here please! I have bought my midget a vita for his birthday with a 8gb memory card. I downloaded the 6 lego games that came with it and that card is pretty much done. I'm going to buy another one but how does that work? I can only sign his own psn name into the vita (he has his own from his PS4), is that saved to internal memory and you can just switch out the memory cards with all the games on them? Or is the psn username stored on the cards?

Your PSN username exists somewhere in the magical world of the internet (or you wouldn't be able to use the same username across multiple devices...), as do trophies (just make sure to sync them). You can back up your games and save files on your computer using the Content Manager on the Vita, or you can upload your save files to the cloud, but then you'll have to download your games again.

Also how do I download the ps+ cross buy games onto the vita... In the store it only has 2 vita games but on the ps4 it shows 4 vita games?

Go to the store and check your download list. It's a bit of a mess, but you should be able to find them there.

You can only have 1 username attached to the vita though right?

Yeah, you're right. You don't need to worry about that if you're upgrading to a bigger memory card, as you can have as many memory cards as you want tied to the same username, but you'll have to restore the Vita to factory settings each time you want to use a memory card with a different username tied to it.

Edit: Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood you earlier. You're correct that your PSN username is tied to the memory card, so you'll have to format it if you want another username on it.

Edited by Magnus

Yeah, you're right. You don't need to worry about that if you're upgrading to a bigger memory card, as you can have as many memory cards as you want tied to the same username, but you'll have to restore the Vita to factory settings each time you want to use a memory card with a different username tied to it.

Edit: Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood you earlier. You're correct that your PSN username is tied to the memory card, so you'll have to format it if you want another username on it.

No worries dude, i knew what you meant :) Its up and running for him now anyway, it's a really smart piece of kit i think! Its the PHC 2016 model, screen is nice and its comfortable. Now i need to get him to let me download some RPGs onto it after his birthday ;)

Bought a 32gb card for it today aswell to make things easier, he will be 7 in a few weeks and i can imagine him changing that tiny memory card and losing it!

I'm considering picking up Playstation TV now that it can be picked up for £45 though I may wait for it to go below £30...

In any case am I correct in thinking that I can just buy it, plug it in, insert my existing memory card, sync a controller and play?

Also can I then start a game on PSTV, take out the memory card and then carry on from where I left off on my Vita?

This is mostly because I have all of the Persona games to play, this seemed to be the best way to experience them on the big screen without having to purchase them again in disc form. : peace:

That's the idea of the system, yeah :) Since the price drop it's been £35 a couple of places, but I've yet to see £30.

Its possible there is a system update you have to get each time you swap between the two but I'm not sure if thats just because I barely swap that there are actually just normal system updates waiting to be downloaded. Either way though they are always small and downloaded quickly.

I know a few people on here preordered Steins Gate ( not sure which version ) but it's got an official release date of June 5th.

Looks like the latest Corpse Party game will be getting a Western release. I never completed the first one on PSP but I liked what I played so I'll get this.

So I bought a Vita TV for 29,90€ since the price was so cheap, and I didn't have a Vita yet. But the thing kinda sucks - a lot of games don't work on it. And since memory card prices are ridiculous, I opted to buy a real Vita used that came with a 16 Gb memory card so now I have both of them... And now the TV is totally useless :D

I don't know how they planned for you to hold the system, seems impossible to not touch the rear screen all the time. There are small dents where you are supposed to put something, I don't know fingers, somehow, maybe? But doing that makes for a seriously weird and unergonomic way of holding the device, unless you have the hands of a 7-year-old. The games I tested so far are Dead Nation (looks and runs ugly compared to PS3), Super Stardust (need to disable rear touch pad) and Disgaea 4 which works fine. Also ordered Steins;Gate from zavvi, I love that series.

I always kind of wanted a Vita ever since Persona 4 Golden was announced, but now that I have it two years later, I don't think it was a good investment after all. Sony seems to have given up on it. Hmm...

Tested simply swapping the memory card from Vita to TV. The TV says a warning saying it won't be able to use its built-in memory and then continues like normal. Works fine, I played a game and saved, then switched the memory card back to Vita and continued. This is a very good feature.

Edited by Miharin

Just got Steins;Gate for VITA. Apparently it's one of the best Visual Novels ever made? I'm in.

Just got Steins;Gate for VITA. Apparently it's one of the best Visual Novels ever made? I'm in.

Sounds good. Always wanted to watch the Anime, but never got around to it...maybe I'll start soon.

Does the game's story follow the Anime? Is it a prequel, sequel? Or is it basically the Anime as a game?

From what i've been told it basically is just the anime. I asked on Gaf yesterday which I should watch first and they said play the game first. I've still gotta wait for my copy to come back in stock :(

From what i've been told it basically is just the anime. I asked on Gaf yesterday which I should watch first and they said play the game first. I've still gotta wait for my copy to come back in stock :(

Amazon were out of stock yesterday but I checked back a few hours later and they had 10 copies in stock! I guess it's selling out quick..

Yeah it seems to just be third party sellers that have it at the moment. I got it for around £20 from ShopTo though so I'm willing to wait. Shame it was £39.99 on the PSN or I would have just bought it digitally.

I bought Steins;Gate too. No idea why as I have so many other things I need to play first x_x

I ordered Steins;Gate from Zavvi since that was the cheapest with free shipping to Finland. Well, now I might never get the game... It's out of stock with no info on availability.

Hope my copy of Steins Gate arrives today, they dispatched it Monday so I'm suprised its not already here. Really in the mood to play it now!

Hope my copy of Steins Gate arrives today, they dispatched it Monday so I'm suprised its not already here. Really in the mood to play it now!

I'm playing through it now...slow first few hours but it's picked up!

I'm playing through it now...slow first few hours but it's picked up!

Oh yeah, just rub it in! :P

Quick update, my copy of Steins Gate did arrive yesterday. Just turns out that Base.com dispatch from Switzerland :confused:

Anyway thanks to everyone who sent hundreds of PMs to me in support during this very dark time in my life.

Suikoden III, the PS2 RPG, is being released for the first time ever in the UK tomorrow on the PSN Store (at £7.99). I've played a few hours of Suikoden II and really enjoyed it so far.