NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

If you work in/near your nearest city centre, worth popping into HMV where P4G is apparently £5 (but probably a bit of a wild goose chase).

If you work in/near your nearest city centre, worth popping into HMV where P4G is apparently £5 (but probably a bit of a wild goose chase).

say whaaaaaaat?!

wonder if there will be any in HMV in Leeds

I'll have a look if I happen to go to my nearest HMV but there isn't one at my cuurent location, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah that's why I said wild goose chase, didn't want to waste anyone's time unless you happened to be nearby anyway!

I was already in the City Centre so not any bother for me....but i was still annoyed it wasn't there, keep meaning to get P4G

Playstation VITA get! Just got myself an original wi-fi version with Tearaway :) Just ordered Persona 4 and have already downloaded Hotline Miami and Rogue Legacy :D

Playstation VITA get! Just got myself an original wi-fi version with Tearaway :) Just ordered Persona 4 and have already downloaded Hotline Miami and Rogue Legacy :D

Sweet man, them games are all amazing.

If you can, get Spelunky and (if it floats your boat) the FFX/FFX-2 remaster too. :p

Don't Starve: Giants Edition coming to Vita on 3rd September. Cross Buy, another free game! :)

Hey everyone! Jamie Cheng here, founder of Klei Entertainment. I’m happy to announce a few cool things: first is that Don’t Starve: Giant Edition for PS Vita is now in certification, and will be launching on 3rd September 2014!

Here are some key details you’ll want to know:

The Giant Edition costs €13.99, and includes the Reign of Giants expansion. It includes new characters, seasons, biomes, and other challenges that will happily kill you.

Unfortunately, in order for us to get the game on Vita, we had to rewrite a bunch of backend code to optimise it. Because of this, the save games are not compatible with the PS4, so there is no Cross-Play.

BUT! We love you all, so we’re making the game Cross-Buy! If you own Don’t Starve on PS4, you get the PS Vita version for free, and vice versa. Thank you for supporting our game, and please spread the word so we can keep making more interesting games!

YES! I need to sink some time into it. Seemed an awesome fit for the PSVita so I held off playing the PS4 version.

: peace:

I sunk hours into the PS4 version, loved it, but like you say it will be a great fit on Vita so I'll probably lose hours to it again.

A "Passport program" lets you transfer ownership of any PSP games to the Vita.

But that's not all:

Japan is getting the entire 250 game back-catalogue of PSP games on the Vita as part of PS+

Hope that comes over here!

Japan is getting the entire 250 game back-catalogue of PSP games on the Vita as part of PS+

Japan also got every PS1 game on PSN, so it's unlikely.

A "Passport program" lets you transfer ownership of any PSP games to the Vita.

But that's not all:

I thought Japan already had the passport system when the Vita launched?

Apparently it was a mistranslation, sorry :/ looks like what Japanese PS+ users are getting, is the chance to transfer their library fee-free.

Not wrong about freebies this time: If you got Don't Starve for PS4 on PS+ you can get the "Giant Edition" for Vita free right now.

Also Persona 4 Golden is £14.99 on PSN in the deal of the week.

Edited by Shorty

P4G works, so I'll probably pick one up when the price drops a little. You can get a new OLED Vita for £85 if you shop around...

Already got mine preordered. Got a few Vita games im looking forward to playing on the big screen, including going through Persona 4 Golden again.

That compatibility list is pathetic. There are even plenty of games that were playable on the Japanese version of Vita TV (Soul Sacrifice/Delta in particular springs to mind, as does Ys: Memories of Celceta) that don't work here! (And they've had a whole extra year to sort this out!)

I was considering it some time ago, but this simply isn't good enough. Not to mention the lack of 1080p output (which means that everything has to be scaled 2-3 times until you get the final TV output - which will make things look unnecessarily ugly), the lack of a dedicated controller interface and the reletively high price for the UK...

Poor show Sony :mad: You had the potential for a good product and you've completely squandered it!

Thing is, most of the good Indie titles on Vita are also available on Sony's other consoles at a higher quality (or soon to be for other exclusive titles like Tearaway). Just seems a bit pointless for that price, really.

There's just very little exclusive must have stuff coming to Vita these days.

Themes hitting tonight.

If you’re a PS Vita owner, the wait is almost over! Later tonight, PS Vita system software update v3.30 will be available to download, enabling you to personalize your PS Vita’s Start and Home screens, system application icons, and the system’s background music.

Starting tomorrow, non-game Themes including Crystal, Four Seasons, and Stitching will be available to purchase and download from PlayStation Store on PS Vita. Themes from fan-favorite PlayStation Vita games, like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, and Freedom Wars are all coming soon. You’ll be able to manage downloaded themes through the PS Vita system’s Settings app.

Update v3.30 also allows you to see Trophy rarity when viewing Trophies on your PS Vita so you can know just how kickbutt your gaming skillz are!

If you’re a fan of setting up events with your friends via the Calendar app on PS Vita, you can now send event files from your Calendar to your friends using Messages or Email so they can easily add them to their own Calendar. This update will also allow you to add players not in your Friends list to your events.