NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Persona 4 Golden

I knew this would be the first reply :heh: I've never played any of the previous games before, so may I ask what makes the franchise so great?

Nope, no problems at all.

Yep, in that all physical games from any region can be played on it. Any PSN account can load on it too (any region), but unlike PS3 you can't just easily switch between accounts to download games from various regional stores. No issue at all though if you don't have a US/Japanese PSN account on top of your regular EU account.

Persona 4 Golden is the must have game of the system, no questions asked.

Other amazing games:

Rayman Origins & Legends

Final Fantasy X/X-2 (awesome if you like RPGs)

Zero Escape (sequel to 999)

Disgaea 3 and 4

LittleBigPlanet

Tearaway

Soul Sacrifice

Metal Gear Solid HD

I highly recommend these Indie games too:

Rogue Legacy

Terraria

Spelunky

Hotline Miami

A lot of good to be had on this.

Awesome. P4G, FFX, Disgaea and the new Tales game are definitely on my list. I also want to get hold of Daranorompa (I've literally just guessed what that game is called...it's name always confuses me!) as I've heard it's similar to games like Virtues Last Reward.

I knew this would be the first reply :heh: I've never played any of the previous games before, so may I ask what makes the franchise so great?

Its just a really great RPG. Because it is set over a year and a lot of it tends to revolve around the normal lives of the characters you get to know them a lot more than you would other games and become invested in their lives. All the parts of the game, combat, story etc are good but for me it was the investment in those characters that kept me going and is probably why its now one of my favourite games of all time. Once I get my Playstation TV later this year I'm planning on playing it through yet again which should be my fourth playthrough I think of a 100+ hour game.

Looks neat. : peace:

Shame it's only cross-buy with the PS3 version :blank: So, no Vita version for me as I'll be getting the PS4 one. :(

Excited to get some Minecraft on for PS4. Wonder how servers will work, would be great if they hosted them.

Excited to get some Minecraft on for PS4. Wonder how servers will work, would be great if they hosted them.

I expect it will just end up being done locally like the 360 one and you'll only be able to go back to worlds when the person is online. Will be a shame but I guess might force us all to arrange times to meet when we want to play.

I also want to get hold of Daranorompa (I've literally just guessed what that game is called...it's name always confuses me!) as I've heard it's similar to games like Virtues Last Reward.

Danganronpa (sheesh, it's not that hard! :p ) borrows inspiration from Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright, but isn't anywhere near as good as either series. I found the game really disappointing, so you may want to temper your expecations.

Then again, NeoGAF seems to absolutely love it, so your mileage may vary.

Danganronpa (sheesh, it's not that hard! :p ) borrows inspiration from Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright, but isn't anywhere near as good as either series. I found the game really disappointing, so you may want to temper your expecations.

Then again, NeoGAF seems to absolutely love it, so your mileage may vary.

Wow, that's interesting. What didn't you like about it?

I literally adore the Zero Escape series. I'm absolutely gutted that we probably won't see the final game in trilogy made. The first game is my favourite DS title.

Wow, that's interesting. What didn't you like about it?

Pretty much everything, honestly. :p

The characters are extremely one-note ("likes donuts", "nerd", "thinks he's better than everyone else"), and as soon as anyone gets any kind of character development, they end up dead shortly after, since the game only really focuses on characters when they're involved in a murder somehow, which usually means they're either the victim or the murderer.

Like Phoenix Wright, every chapter is focused around a murder, but unlike Phoenix Wright, the cases are extremely predictable, to the point where you'll often figure out exactly how the murder went down almost immediately.

The gameplay's awful. The trials are really gimmicky - rather than just show the right evidence at the right time, you have to shoot a 'truth bullet' at the false statement... and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to awful mini-games. I really ended up hating the trials because of this. Between trials, you get a chance to spend time with the other characters, kind of like the social links in Persona 4. Once you've spent enough time with them, you'll unlock rewards that make the trial mini-games easier. There are two problems with this: 1) There are only so many opportunities to spend time with characters and they die at an alarming rate, so your precious time will often have been completely wasted when the character dies before you get a chance to max their social link, and 2) Spending time with the characters is so boring. Since all of the character development takes place in the main story, they have absolutely nothing of interest to say when you speak with them outside of that.

The main story's okay, but ultimately not that interesting - and it stays in the background for most of the game, anyway. There are a couple of good twists, but nothing on the level of Virtue's Last Reward, where I consistently had my mind blown.

But as I said, none of this seems to bother NeoGAF, so maybe it's just me. :heh:

Kick & Fennick

PSVita game. Never heard of it before but it looks kinda cool :) No release date, yet.

CounterSpy

Also coming to PS4 and PS3 on 20th August.

Edited by drahkon

You know how I'm perpetually late to everything? Well holy fuck, Hotline Miami. It's the most extreme violence; human pinatas bursting open at a touch, mixed with extreme tension because you die in one hit too, mixed with the most PCP-trip induced soundtrack ever.

SO GOOD.

Picked up Steamworld Dig from the sale. Recommended. Great on the Vita, as are all indies. Go Vita go!

Picked up Steamworld Dig from the sale. Recommended. Great on the Vita, as are all indies. Go Vita go!

Just bought it. Better be good hombre!

Also, in reference to the aforementioned giblet simulator:

Hnnnnggg

You know how I'm perpetually late to everything? Well holy fuck, Hotline Miami. It's the most extreme violence; human pinatas bursting open at a touch, mixed with extreme tension because you die in one hit too, mixed with the most PCP-trip induced soundtrack ever.

SO GOOD.

lol n00b...

Just bought it. Better be good hombre!

Also, in reference to the aforementioned giblet simulator:

Hnnnnggg

Two things.

A - The music in that reminds me of Crockett's theme from Miami Vice. And it looks like a Jon Woo movie!

B - You might like this:

Murasaki Baby, out September.

Today we’d like to share some more details with you on the world of Murasaki Baby. We’re currently hard at work putting the finishing touches on the game because she’ll be arriving on your PS Vita this September priced at €9.99/£7.99 and we can’t wait for you to meet her and wander around her weird world!

We’re also really pleased to announce the collaboration with renowned music composer Akira Yamaoka who has created an exclusive music track for the game. Yamaoka-san is best known for his eerily ambient Silent Hill soundtracks, and he has partnered up with Ovosonico Music Producer and Co-Founder, Gianni Ricciardi to create a truly weird and wonderful sound track.

Murasaki Baby, out September.

Good stuff!

I thought this looked great at its first reveal. Glad to see its out so soon.

I want Scott pilgrim to be ported to vita, it annoys me no end that I can only play it on ps3, it doesn't even have remote play

Freedom Wars out 29th October Europe and 31st UK, plus pre order bonuses.

To begin, we are incredibly thrilled to officially announce that Freedom Wars will launch in Europe on Wednesday, 29th October 2014, and in the UK and Ireland on Friday the 31st for €29.99/ £24.99.

For those looking for a head start in reducing your sentence within the world of Freedom Wars, our participating retailers are offering the same pre-order DLC as the original Japan release. These items include:

Limited Edition Costume – Personalize your Freedom Wars character with Formal Wear

Powerful Starter Weapons – Upgraded melee and long range attack weapons

Limited Edition Sticker Set – For in-game use

Combat Pack Item – Medical Supply Set

Lastly, for those that want the same DLC items for the digital version, simply purchase Freedom Wars between Wednesday, 29th October to Tuesday, November 11th.

Physical copy :yay:

14938865196_4e344216aa.jpg

What I really want on Vita is Cuphead. Game looks too gorgeous.

Oh my. Oh my god.....

Oh my. Oh my god.....

Pretty to look at, ain't it?

Let's hope the gameplay delivers.

Is Freedom Wars any good?

Looks like it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see!

So, it would seem that Phantasy Star Nova is being released in November and there's a demo of sorts on the Japanese PSN, so it looks like I'll be getting my new Phantasy Star machine soon.

Very soon in fact.

10577036_10154470567645720_6115030844952897715_n.jpg