NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I think unconditionally loving a company is wrong, but loving a company because of their products isn't is it? Sort of the same thing.

There are definitely similarities but ultimately I don't think so. It's much easier to not get sucked into rubbish like brand loyalty if you base judgement on what a company produces on a case by case basis. For example, it would have made buying an Xbox One over a PS4 a much simpler decision (as it is, the XBO ain't my cup of tea for reasons that I shouldn't go into). It was the reason why I bought a 360 only a couple months after I picked up a Wii on launch - it was clear the Wii wasn't what I wanted.

Yeah, I'm loving the PS4 but the Vita has been terribly managed. Had KZ and Tearaway been the beginning of some kind of software push then I'd have been all aboard. But it wasn't. I'm hardly going to give Sony a pat on the back for being utterly inept with such a promising piece of hardware.

Do I love Sony? Yeah, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 was awesome but After Earth was so bloody boring (and all those god damn Spider-man films). I love the PS4, I've clocked up almost 40 hours online on Killzone, but the Vita? Tearaway and Gravity Rush will always be standout moments, but yawn. They get a C- for effort and a D for execution.

If they went bankrupt tomorrow I'd be excited to see where all their IPs ended up.

There are definitely similarities but ultimately I don't think so. It's much easier to not get sucked into rubbish like brand loyalty if you base judgement on what a company produces on a case by case basis. For example, it would have made buying an Xbox One over a PS4 a much simpler decision (as it is, the XBO ain't my cup of tea for reasons that I shouldn't go into). It was the reason why I bought a 360 only a couple months after I picked up a Wii on launch - it was clear the Wii wasn't what I wanted.

Yeah, I'm loving the PS4 but the Vita has been terribly managed. Had KZ and Tearaway been the beginning of some kind of software push then I'd have been all aboard. But it wasn't. I'm hardly going to give Sony a pat on the back for being utterly inept with such a promising piece of hardware.

Do I love Sony? Yeah, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 was awesome but After Earth was so bloody boring (and all those god damn Spider-man films). I love the PS4, I've clocked up almost 40 hours online on Killzone, but the Vita? Tearaway and Gravity Rush will always be standout moments, but yawn. They get a C- for effort and a D for execution.

If they went bankrupt tomorrow I'd be excited to see where all their IPs ended up.

Yeah, I guess I'm a little more brand loyal than that. With companies I hate too. I really can't imagine me ever owning a microsoft console, though I am tempted by the one. Alternatively, even though, there's nothing for me yet, it's highly likely I'll get a PS4. The history of companies can give you an insight into their futures, even if one product, or the present isn't so hot.

With film I see directors being more the brands than the studios themselves (with the exception of Animation), and maybe now Marvel/Disney. And again I'm very loyal to directors I like.

Just the way I operate I guess.

Slim is on the way...

PS Vita Slim Announced For The UK

Available on February 7 for around £180.

At a briefing meeting this morning, the company confirmed the revamped handheld would launch at a suggested retail price of £180 and will replace the older, bigger Vita model as stock is exhausted. The new, slimmer PS Vita will come with Wi-Fi and a 1GB internal memory card.

Also...

Sony Announces PS Vita Indie Game Megapack

Available in two versions.

Sony has announced the PS Vita Indie Game Megapack, a collection that bundles 10 indie titles together with a memory card.

Currently only announced for Europe and Australia, the Indie Game Megapack will bring together big titles such as:

Hotline Miami

Thomas Was Alone

Limbo

Alien Breed

Velocity Ultra

Men's Room Mayhem

Coconut Dodge Revitalised

Total Recoil

Superfrog HD

Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD.

Two different versions are available. The first comes with a 4GB memory card and PS Store voucher to download the games and has an RRP of €24.99, while the second also adds one of the new, slim Vita models announced this morning into the mix for an RRP of €199.99.

The Vita Indie Game Megapack will be available in February to coincide with the launch of the new PS Vita model.

@dazzybee you can trade the Vita in for £65 on Amazon, or £72 for the 3G model.

Edited by Retro_Link

That indie bundle is pretty sweet. I'm not sure about that Slim price though. I thought it would have been a lot cheaper than that.

I think that bundle proves they don't have enough good indie games to even build a good bundle ::shrug:

OlliOlli and Stealth Inc should be on there, and then they should wait for Rogue Legacy and a few others....

Coconut Dodge feels like a free phone game.

That indie bundle is pretty sweet. I'm not sure about that Slim price though. I thought it would have been a lot cheaper than that.
Yeah I thought it would actually come in cheaper than the existing model... isn't that the point? Cheaper to make, cheaper to sell, people buy them?

It's cheaper than the original device's RRP. They can't really release it with an RRP lower than the current sale price 2 years after release, where would that price be in another 2 years? No retailers would bother.

It's cheaper than the original device's RRP. They can't really release it with an RRP lower than the current sale price 2 years after release, where would that price be in another 2 years? No retailers would bother.

Like the WiiU :p

:weep:

I reckon there'll be some pretty good deals on the original Vita after this hits.

Anyone get the PS+ games this month?

I thought I'd love modnation, and whilst I spent a good few hours on it, it's just a bit too clunky and vague when it comes to designing your own tracks. Maybe I just need more time on it.

I liked playing some of the top ranking tracks though, some great creative minds out there :D But even that is a bit annoying, having to individually download each new track online. I wish you could just like, download the top 10 or something.

I'll dabble in Dynasty Warriors later, I haven't played it since my brother had one on PS2 but I just remember hating it back then :p

Anyone get the PS+ games this month?

I thought I'd love modnation, and whilst I spent a good few hours on it, it's just a bit too clunky and vague when it comes to designing your own tracks. Maybe I just need more time on it.

I liked playing some of the top ranking tracks though, some great creative minds out there :D But even that is a bit annoying, having to individually download each new track online. I wish you could just like, download the top 10 or something.

Yeah I played it. Now deleted it. Terrible age, but love the creative aspects. Really wish Mario Kart had a track editor :(

Ive "bought" them but wont be playing them. Ive never really liked kart racing games and have found with every Dynasty Warriors game ive ever played, after 5 minutes I get over the spectacle of the amount of enemies on screen and get very bored.

Completely forgot about those FF sales, it's great for me as I've only ever played FFIII. Anyway I made the most of it and bought all the main series games that are available on the Vita (that are on sale). Now I can finally give the series a proper go!

Re-jigged my layout now too.

KTNquKF.jpg

jzHkWS8.jpg

MtpBoTt.jpg

WJtbv8M.jpg

3qEm4na.jpg

Anyone buy Olliolli? I really like the game. Wish you could compare scores with friends, insane you can't. I've nearly completed everything on the game, but there's one thing that I can't get my head fully around. Sometimes, usually on ledges above ledges and helicopter blades and such, it doesn't grind them, just holding the button works for most ledges, but occasionally it' just ignores them. Anyone know why?! I thought it could be when there's one above and below and the timing has to be more perfect, sometimes incredibly frustrating.

I got it. Don't get what the fuss is. Got bored of it real quick.

I'll be joining the Vita Club as of tomorrow, found a guy selling one with 22 months left on the warranty and a 16gb card for 100€. Assuming it's in the condition he describes (unused, it was an unwanted Xmas present), it's a hell of a bargain.

God bless Plus, too, 'cause I'll have a whole bunch of games from day 1! Will be ordering P4G and Virtue's Last Reward as soon as I get my hands on it.

2 things I'm curious about:

How's Dragon's Crown on the Vita compared to the PS3?

Can you use adhoc party directly from the Vita or do you still need a PS3?

I think I'm the only person on here who picked up Dragon's Crown, and I haven't played the console version to compare it to. I think they're essentially the same game although there's a few basic touchscreen features. They added cross-play in a patch some time ago.

That's a real bargain you've got there! Do you not have Virtue's Last Reward from PS+?

I think I'm the only person on here who picked up Dragon's Crown, and I haven't played the console version to compare it to. I think they're essentially the same game although there's a few basic touchscreen features. They added cross-play in a patch some time ago.

That's a real bargain you've got there! Do you not have Virtue's Last Reward from PS+?

I know, right? Wanna know the best part? It came with a game, but since the Vita was a gift he didn't really want and he didn't have it with him when we talked, he didn't know which game it was... turns out it was Gravity Rush. I have it on plus, but still, how fucking lucky is it that it just so happens to be one of the games I wanted?

Nope, I don't, sadly. And even if I did I'd still buy it. I loved 999, I think they deserve my money.

As for Dragon's Crown, what's your take on it... definitely worth it? (I don't really like the DS3, but I'm loving the way the Vita feels, so I'll definitely be picking the Vita version, if I do buy it).

Sony discuss Vita sales at the media event last night.

For starters, nearly half of PS Vita’s game sales – 48 percent, to be exact – are digital. Sony also reports that nearly 1,000 games are currently on PS Vita, though this certainly counts PSone Classics and digital PSP titles.

This is why we need to start seeing sales data for downloadable games.

The US are finally getting their hands of the Vita Slim. It comes bundled with Borderlands 2 and 8GB memory card and is due out in the Spring.

Also, God of War Collection and Sly Raccoon Collection are due out in May.

if 48% of sales are digital...why don't they release cheaper memory cards, or an adaptor to fit an alternate source of cards like Micro SD or something, anything?! its damn well crazy the prices of 32gb and 64gb!

Everyone's talking about a Vita game drought but this month brings Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Ys: Memories of Celceta to Europe, both have had pretty good feedback. If I didn't have so much to play already I'd probably be getting both.

As for Dragon's Crown, what's your take on it... definitely worth it? (I don't really like the DS3, but I'm loving the way the Vita feels, so I'll definitely be picking the Vita version, if I do buy it).

I haven't really played enough to convince you to buy it tbh. The controls are solid though.

At Shorty's request, I'm gonna give my initial thoughts after finishing the prologue (Forgot to turn my charger on last night).

It's shaping up to be an interesting story. Of course your character would be the only normal student there. But all the characters have a colourful array of personalities, it's gonna be interesting who the killers are going to be and the end of the prologue was very good. I'm hoping in Phoenix Wright fashion some very unexpected twists will happen when working out who killers are. I'm also quite interested in how it plays, it's not all text, there is some First person exploration which I wasn't expecting and it's very good. Touch controls seem the better option when interacting with objects and people since some times the items are so close that it's hard to be accurate with the control sticks.

At Shorty's request, I'm gonna give my initial thoughts after finishing the prologue (Forgot to turn my charger on last night).

I read that the game is a mix between Virtue's Last Reward and Phoenix Wright, can you confirm?

While I haven't played the latter I absolutely loved VLR so I'm quite intrigued by Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

Edited by drahkon

I read that the game is a mix between Virtue's Last Reward and Phoenix Wright, can you confirm?

While I haven't played the latter I absolutely loved VLR so I'm quite intrigued by Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

I cannot confirm, I do have VLR but barely played it after hearing it's best to play the DS game first which I stalled.