NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

The artistic direction is nowhere near as bad as the initial screenshots and artwork looked.

Still...did the retailers even know about it? Did anyone advertise it?

Anyone picking up ACIII: Liberation?

It interests me much more than ACIII. Probably because I prefer the protagonist.

Probably because it's on the Vita, you mean. :p

I'd consider getting it if I had a Vita, but oh well! Some other time, maybe.

It's too a rare occurrence having a female protagonist. Especially one that isn't white and/or overly sexualised. Would be nice if Liberation was the main console version.

I don't usually approve of mapping console experiences onto handhelds, but a whole AC game that looks as good as that, resting in your hands... Must say that's pretty special.

What's more, it looks worthy of the '3' label.

I was having a little ponder earlier about little ways that Sony could change things to push their Vita business a bit and thought that the memory cards are a MAJOR complaint by practically everyone. Why do Sony insist on selling these at a profit? Surely if they stopped being short sighted, they could sell a lot more Vita by selling the cards at cost price and encouraging people to buy the games (once they come out).

The Vita just needs games.

I cannot understand the lack of support for it.

It really is a great console - but unfortunately it just isn't getting the games consistently to warrant a purchase for most people.

It's still a little pricey really and as you point out Jamba - the memory card issue is slightly disappointing.

I sold my Vita months back and haven't seen anything yet that's made me want to rebuy one.

What's more worrying, is there doesn't seem to be any year end releases that could possibly drive some Christmas sales. Unless I'm missing something?!

But Sony have definitely missed a trick there.

Give me a good line up of games and a crystal white console European release with a bundled memory card and then take my money bitch.

In all honesty I've been unbelievably disappointed with the vita. I really REALLY didn't ike the psp, but it did have some good games, the vita is much better but doesn't have the games. And in a weird way, I don't actually pay the good games it does have, which is weird. I've had n charted for months and months,haven't touched it... I just don't have the urge to pick the vita up... I need to get back into it though as I have some good games for it. The memory card situation is very very irritating, I night sound shapes ages ago, but can't play it yet because I need to finish escape plan fully (but they keep releasing dlc) to delete it and then download sound shapes. It all just makes me feel a bit pissed off with the system which makes me not want to play it...

Sony simply do not understand hand held gaming in the slightest. I think everyone is staggered to see the vita performing even worse than the psp. Ad the really does seem like there is no support for it, worse than any major handheld or home console I've witnessed. The whole situation is just so weird considering its the newest machine currently on the market. It sort of feels abandoned, by Sony, by pucbishers, and the public.

I'm all for the Vita is dead in the water piece of shit argument (Srsly, don't really care, I hardly play it...or my PS3 come to think of it).

Buuuuuut...

Uncharted

Resistance

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid

Gravity Daze/Rush

Need For Speed

Jet Set Radio

Sony Smash Bros

Wipeout

Super Stardust

Motorstorm RC

Lumines

....it's really hardly a dearth of games. Yeah, granted MGS/NFS/JSR are ports but still for a console that's been out for less than a year can anyone say those are actually poor titles? Or that it's poorly supported in a launch period? Seriously?

And I'm not even mentioning stuff like Retro City Rampage, Sound Shapes, Mutant Blob, Mortal Kombat etc.

Also, the Netflix app still not being available in Europe is hysterical.

Edit: Also, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and Assassin's Creed: Liberation.

...Seriously, how can anyone say the Vita isn't getting any support?

I remember when I had my N64 (GET OFF MY LAWN!!) and I was happy when there were three games in a year that I wanted.

Edited by Daft

What's more worrying, is there doesn't seem to be any year end releases that could possibly drive some Christmas sales. Unless I'm missing something?! But Sony have definitely missed a trick there.

Give me a good line up of games and a crystal white console European release with a bundled memory card and then take my money bitch.

I was going to post the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle...but that doesn't seem to exist in Europe.

I'm all for the Vita is dead in the water piece of shit argument (Srsly, don't really care, I hardly play it...or my PS3 come to think of it).

Buuuuuut...

Uncharted

Resistance

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid

Gravity Daze/Rush

Need For Speed

Jet Set Radio

Sony Smash Bros

Wipeout

Super Stardust

Motorstorm RC

Lumines

....it's really hardly a dearth of games. Yeah, granted MGS/NFS/JSR are ports but still for a console that's been out for less than a year can anyone say those are actually poor titles? Or that it's poorly supported in a launch period? Seriously?

In fairness - this is no longer the launch period. I mean how long do they want the launch period to go on for?

Those games above - only 2 of them are good titles and that's Uncharted and Super Stardust. But this is my opinion. The PSN store titles don't really count as they are not going to entice buyers who are looking at the Vita in store wondering whether to purchase or not.

The shelves for the Vita are the same now as they were at launch - with one or 2 new games.

It's quite clear there is a lack of support for it.

Take a look at the Vita itself - it has dual analogue sticks, a touch screen and a crazy back touch plate thing - why is this not being used by developers to make something truly unique to the console?

It's this kind of thing that it needs otherwise it will just continue with the poor sales.

Edited by Aneres11

Really? Only two of them are good titles? I haven't even bothered to get Uncharted. It looks shite. (Srsly, how could you not love Motorstorm and Wipeout...and Gravity Rush for that matter?)

I'm not saying we're still in the launch period (although it reads like I said that, apologies), but for a list of games in the first year of a console's life I think that's a pretty spectacular effort.

The argument that PSN Store games don't count is absolutely absurd. The question is about whether the Vita has games, not whether it entices people. (I'd say a launch period was 2 quaters, so 6 months...which we only came out of a couple months ago)

Also, having games and having 'unique' games are completely different things. Personally I don't care if they're either as long as they're good.

I thiiiiiiink, though I might be wrong, that you think I care about sales. I really don't. I care about games (obviously there is some correlation but, OFF TOPIC, strangely enough I find the worse selling consoles usually have the best games; N64, GameCube, PS3...Okay, not the PSP but that hit some weird zone where it actually sold quite well, it got hacked to shit and anyway the DS fucking rocked.) and the argument that the Vita doesn't have many/any/enough games is utter rubbish. That list is a formidable one, and it's not even complete.

No I get your points definitely.

Like i said 'for me' there are only 2 great games. As in great games. Not good games. Of course there are good games - but great? Not yet.

I think for a console that's been out for almost a year there's got to be more than that - or at the very least a nice roster of up and coming games that are gonna make people want to buy a Vita.

That's not there. Yet.

What I meant with the unique game thing is, if developers were to utilise the system more then it could potentially drive some more sales. Lets see what people can do with this system - impress me. Give me moments that are gonna make me go :o 'I love that'! Moments you can't get anywhere else - or you rarely get on other formats.

Because I personally believe the Vita has the potential to deliver that.

And yeah you are wrong in that I don't think you're bothered about sales. I don't think anyone other than Sony are :p. Although I'm beginning to wonder if even they are...

But the argument of there not being enough games is not rubbish. Ask people who haven't bought a Vita yet who like the look of it why they haven't bought it and their answers will no doubt be the same. Games.

Wringing out the system's functionality for the sake of original software is hardly going to drive sales. Only thirteen people know of the Vita's existence, and from those only two realise it has a rear touch panel. That shouldn't come as a surprise because the feature isn't advertised at all. And why should it be? It isn't a game changer.

Not until Apple does it.

So Target in the US have done a temporary price cut on a vita bundle. The 3G console, an AT&T online session pass and an 8GB memory card. The online stock has sold out, but there's stock in store and the offer is valid there to.

The price it's been cut to? $179.99. There's no catch either if the buyers from /v/ are to be believe.

That's just under £120. If only teleporation was possible.

Looks like they have stock at my local - I've been waiting to be able to get one a little cheaper. I'll report back if I manage to get one.

No I get your points definitely.

Like i said 'for me' there are only 2 great games. As in great games. Not good games. Of course there are good games - but great? Not yet.

From the looks of it its the same people shouting it has no games when in fact it does. 3DS or anything else isnt exactly going to fill the Vita void.

From the looks of it its the same people shouting it has no games when in fact it does. 3DS or anything else isnt exactly going to fill the Vita void.

No one mentioned the 3ds.

And no, it doesn't have a steady stream of good games as per my post and the point I clearly made.

I don't think it has much particularly amazing Choze. But I would expect you to proclaim it was storming the charts even if it hadn't sold games in months.

To be honest, I look at that list further up and think of the typical slew of Sony games. I mean, ok. But they're not really that exciting, at least to me, and probably to most (hence the sales).

Soon though we have zero escape for Vita and 3DS. Now there's a game I'm really excited about.

I don't think it has much particularly amazing Choze. But I would expect you to proclaim it was storming the charts even if it hadn't sold games in months.

To be honest, I look at that list further up and think of the typical slew of Sony games. I mean, ok. But they're not really that exciting, at least to me, and probably to most (hence the sales).

Soon though we have zero escape for Vita and 3DS. Now there's a game I'm really excited about.

You are trying to tie your opinion of the software into low Vita hardware sales.

I haven't brought one yet. Got close with LBP but who knows maybe one this christmas. Games are not my reason for delaying. There are more quality games than I have time for on the system.

You are trying to tie your opinion of the software into low Vita hardware sales.

I haven't brought one yet. Got close with LBP but who knows maybe one this christmas. Games are not my reason for delaying. There are more quality games than I have time for on the system.

Well duh. People are hardly going to buy the hardware if there's not enough software they like!

Plus is finally up. Downloading Uncharted now. Plus makes everything so much better.

Im doing the exact same.

Im sure this has been addressed somewhere but i cant find it. If i download the PS3 version of PS All Stars off PSN, do i still get the Vita version for free?