NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure now how this 'World Block' on Lumines does work because somehow I've only contributed to it once despite playing it every day... perhaps it's only certain modes.

Anyway, the game is still awesome even without it. :)

Hmmm. I'm enjoying pLaying the games (thankfully the main point), but I think the console is a bit of a mess, the Ui, the bubble system, the notifications, the messages, everything taking aaaaaaaaaaagggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, near being utterly pointless (but midly interesting). Looking forward to the updates as it wouldn't take much to sort out.

Virtua tennis is great and has some great features! Just about to have a proper bash at superstar dust now

Ps face rapers? Awesome game. Was playing it last night with my girlfriend

I found a Lumines gift on Near and then Rez send me a SS Delta track. I also like that it gauges the buzz all the games have. I think it'd be great for a game that was based on collecting stuff. Or with like Lumines you could get a friend to send you stuff you might not be able to unlock.

I took it into work and everyone loved it. I was actually really surprised just how much. Price seems to be the sticking issue but that didn't really bother some people.

The only thing letting the notifications down is it not telling you when messages are recieved. Although it did amuse me that while I was on Netflix yesterday on my PS3 I got a notification and just opened it on my Vita which I was already playing.

And apart from the bubbles being kind of ugly (I'd just prefer if they were in 2D) I love the launch pages. Like with the web browser I can jump straight to any page I have open or check out what everyone else has done on a game.

And I'm so happy with the games. Lumines is amazing. Motorstorm is awesome. Mutant Blob Attacks, I love.

And I haven't even thought about downloading Wipeout and Uncharted, yet.

And I've barely touch SS Delta. Which pretty much says it all.

Love it.

Thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure now how this 'World Block' on Lumines does work because somehow I've only contributed to it once despite playing it every day... perhaps it's only certain modes.

Anyway, the game is still awesome even without it. :)

Yeah, I got something the first day and I've played a lot over the past couple days and it's always been complete. So, dunno. The manual does say all modes contribute.

Good news for the anti-hacking crowd, the PSP-mode hack on the Vita that was promised to be released on the day of the EU and US launch hasn't materialized. The hack was a PSP mode homebrew loader that was compatible with some emulators and homebrew games, none of the ISO loaders worked though.

Bad news for the anti-hacking crowd though, apparently the guys are playing it cool and have 2 methods of installing the hack and both of them are through games available on the PSN. If the Other OS case is anything to go by, they'll probably remove those games from being available on the Vita.

There's always the possibility that these guys aren't legit and are just trolling the shit out of every one, but some one related to them was the one who released the open content manager that allowed you to move stuff to the memory card without an internet connection.

Getting off that topic though, finally saw the game cases for the Vita last night in Sainsbury's and fucking hell they're so diddy! I thought they were just going to use blu-ray cases.

@Daft What type of game is that mutant blob attacks? Been getting great reviews. Kind of tempting... Loving stardust. Wish I could see how long I've been playing games for - played loads if tennis and SSDD!

I only have one physical game, but am I right that even physical games have their own bubble? Meaning if you have a few games it'll be a pain in the arse to find the game and play it, or does it automatically put the game on the first page. Due to it being insanely cumbersome and slow to move bubbles about could be a potential nightmare when you have a few games!

I'm considering trading in my PSP and games for a vita....I never play it and wouldn't really miss any of the games on it that I own...

They released games for the PSP?!

Monster Hunter, that's all that was needed.

*continues to play Portable 3*

They released games for the PSP?!

Yup lol indeed it did.... Like I said though nothing I would miss except for maybe peace walker which could get as part of the HD collection...

Found a Rayman Artifact on Near today when I was over near Hyde Park. Didn't realise you could get gifts for games you didn't own.

@Daft What type of game is that mutant blob attacks? Been getting great reviews. Kind of tempting... Loving stardust. Wish I could see how long I've been playing games for - played loads if tennis and SSDD!

I only have one physical game, but am I right that even physical games have their own bubble? Meaning if you have a few games it'll be a pain in the arse to find the game and play it, or does it automatically put the game on the first page. Due to it being insanely cumbersome and slow to move bubbles about could be a potential nightmare when you have a few games!

MBA is a puzzle platform where you're a...well, you're a blob. You need to absorb items to grow (but that's less a major mechanic and more a means to create puzzles). The art direction is awesome - reminds me of Powerpuff Girls/Dexter's Lab. It's just a real fun platformer with some great ideas in it. And for around ?5 it's awesome. Seriously, I'm back and forth between MBA and Lumines.

I'm 99% Delta has time played on its stats page. But, yeah would be nice if there was an overall game time thing. There's the Buzz rating on Near but that's more a general community thing.

Weirdly. I haven't taken the vita anywhere today, but it says I have travelled 1075 miles and met someone from Hampshire! Anyone else had this?

When you put a game in while on a menu, the console moves to the screen with the game icon on and the bubble pulsates.

So the pre-order pack DLC... I redeemed my code on the website and got sent the codes for both the avatar and accessories but when I try to download these items on my PSVita for some reason it won't let me? :hmm:

I thought these items were for the PSV? Anyway, I'm guessing that I either have to redeem them via either my PS3 or on the website but it seems kind of silly.

Also did anyone get their code for their discounted game? I think it mentions in the e-mail that the discount for the game and early access to Frobisher Says will come later but I don't see why they can't send me the code for the dicounted PSN game, kinda wanted to get SSDD which I chose as my title.

Small things really... but yeah otherwise really enjoying playing on my PSV :D I got another high score on Lumines tonight, played the main mode for over an hour continuously and got around 333,000 was quite pleased :) oh and it seems I've contributed to the World Block again.

Yeah, was going to say, the world block is now going again. Managed to get a high score of 230,000 (which trashed my old score which is even more surprising how sleepy I am). I still can't tell if I'm shit or not.

Also, didn't realise you could use a custom picture for the lock screen.

Just got my hands on a Vita at my local Gamestation; forget what I said before, I must have one immediately if not sooner.

So the pre-order pack DLC... I redeemed my code on the website and got sent the codes for both the avatar and accessories but when I try to download these items on my PSVita for some reason it won't let me? :hmm:

I thought these items were for the PSV? Anyway, I'm guessing that I either have to redeem them via either my PS3 or on the website but it seems kind of silly.

The avatar and accessories are for PlayStation Home, a terrible PS3 "game".

whqts the differnce between a demo and a trial?

A demo is just a small section of the game - could be any part of the game.

A trial is where you download the full game, but can only play up to a certain point, and you buy the unlock code to carry on. Which is one of the things great about XBLA as all games are required to have a trial.

The avatar and accessories are for PlayStation Home, a terrible PS3 "game".

You're kidding me? I kinda thought this might be the case but didn't want to believe it, this is a terrible pre-order bonus in that case I mean what's the point in having it for say people who only own a PSV and not a PS3, even for those that do own a PS3 - like myself - they are unlikely to use it. :sad:

At least the discounted PSN game is worth having but I'm wondering how much longer we'll have to wait for the codes plus the early access to Frobisher Says... I'm not too fussed about the latter but I would like my code so I can get SSDD for practically free! :)

FIFA seems to be pretty decent - I quite like the Career mode (player only) and playing as just one person is more fun than I thought (every match you have the option to pick to play just as your character or the whole team). The only problem is it's crashed a few times.

Edit: Oh, and turning the rear touch screen off is a must. It's a very nice idea for placing the ball but 9/10 times you shoot accidentally.

At least the discounted PSN game is worth having but I'm wondering how much longer we'll have to wait for the codes plus the early access to Frobisher Says... I'm not too fussed about the latter but I would like my code so I can get SSDD for practically free! :)

I got my code bought Escape Plan with it and got Frobisher Says already

Hey guys, couple of questions:

- Can the Vita download and play PS1 games off the PS Store? Or is this an upcoming feature?

- Can you login to a US PSN account on the Vita, download a game to it, then switch back to your main UK account and continue to play the game?

Edited by Sheikah

1. No. However, if your PS3 is on I believe you can remote play PS1 games. It has been announced that it will happen at some point.

2. No.

I don't see why you'd pay full price for that game on a system that doesn't support its optimal control interface. No game with quarter turn cancels can be played properly without an arcade stick.

In other news, I just bought my Vita :D