NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I've got a couple of games purchased from the JPN store. So if you want to add my JPN account it's 'SudaGorou'.

Is Fifa any good, I've downloaded the demo but my Vita ran out of juice and I forgot to bring my charger?

Edited by The Lillster

Sorry @dazzybee. I didn't realise I had a message until an hour after you sent it. When I did invite you I went to check the friends list and discovered that going to the Vita's menu throws you out of online games.

Spent a decent amount of time on Virtua Tennis World Tour Mode. I was quite surprised who my second doubles partner was. I've just won the main Australian tournament.

Lumines... :heart: so good! :D

I don't need any other Vita games at the moment...

... though I will blatantly be downloading Super Stardust Delta. :)

Sorry @dazzybee. I didn't realise I had a message until an hour after you sent it. When I did invite you I went to check the friends list and discovered that going to the Vita's menu throws you out of online games.

Spent a decent amount of time on Virtua Tennis World Tour Mode. I was quite surprised who my second doubles partner was. I've just won the main Australian tournament.

Yeah that's a bit cack isn't it. Very disappointing. The vita also doesn't notify you when you get a new message (but it does a game invite). Unless I'm mistaken.

Played Virtua Tennis a lot tonight, loving the games. Was insanely easy on the middle setting so I put it up to the hardest, still pretty easy, but more fun. Really like all the mini games and such.

One thing though, as somas a player hits the ball to you and you press to hit it, your player automatically goes to the ball and hits it, this makes it stupidly easy as its also full power. What BAD effect does this tactic have (as it seems to put the player in a good position too)?

Just in case anyone else has noticed while playing in the dark or on certain black loading screens that the PSVita screen looks rather 'patchy' with black in some places but not in others, apparently this is normal and is due to the OLED technology which is reassuring as I thought there was something seriously wrong with my Vita when I noticed this last night! :hmm:

--------------------------

Lumines is still awesome. :)

Having a bit of a weird time downloading the Fifa demo this morning. Sometimes it seems to stop when the Vita goes to sleep and I paused it at one point, the Vita went to sleep then I turned it back on to find it was downloading again.

The sleep mode is very inconsistent.

Is there any way to change the timeout of it? It seems really short, and for some games (like the AR games) it even turns off during the introduction videos.

Whoa! to those who play Lumines, don't forget to collect your exp from the completely erased world block, I leapt from lvl 5 to lvl 29 thanks to my share of the exp. :)

The sleep mode is very inconsistent.

Is there any way to change the timeout of it? It seems really short, and for some games (like the AR games) it even turns off during the introduction videos.

Yeah somewhere in the settings you can choose between 1, 3 and 5 minutes if I remember right. I would assume there must be an option to turn it off as well.

Whoa! to those who play Lumines, don't forget to collect your exp from the completely erased world block, I leapt from lvl 5 to lvl 29 thanks to my share of the exp. :)

How does world block work exactly?

Interesting - do tell!

Is there a way to stop some games from preventing the screen brightness going to the max? When I play Wipeout, the menus are all nice and bright but when the race starts the brightness level drops a few notches!

Almost bought one today. Genuinely picked it up and put it back a few times. I think one of the things that bothers me is the choice of memory cards - I just don't know whether to go with a 4GB deal, an 8GB deal or just buy a 16GB card (I expect to download quite a lot of PSP games if/when they become available).

Also, I'm not 100% sure there'll be any RPGs I want for it, but hey, no one knows the future.

Anyway, one thing I really want to know is how good the photo saving is (from the web). If there's one thing that drives me crackers (and I do mean crackers) about the 3DS it's the inconsistent ability to save photos. If I'm unlucky, it can say "This image cannot be saved" 90% of the time, which is incredibly irritating. So, is the Vita good at photo saving? Does it have any problems? I would be very grateful indeed for some insight on this.

Tried with a few random images. Gifs lose their animation and transparency, but normal images seem to work fine.

WTF?

There was a bit where I had to reveal some hidden writing by holding the console at a light source. However, it has to be a very bright. The bulbs in my house weren't bright enough - the only thing that worked was the flash on my phone.

While creative - imagine you're on a long train/plane journey and get to this point.

Golden Abyss is a really fun game, but it's main problems revolve around pointlessly using the console's features (like quick time events on the touch screen).

Tales From Space: Mutant Blob Attacks is bloody awesome. I recommend everyone pick it up. Motorstorm, SS Delta and now this, the downloadable games really bloody shine on the Vita.

Interesting - do tell!

Basically all the time your connected to the PSN and are playing Lumines it counts all of the blocks that you have cleared then subtracts them from the 'World Block' so you contribute towards its obliteration earning exp as you do so.

I believe it resets daily, check the manual for more info! : peace:

Already starting to get low on memory on my Vita. I wonder if internal storage was one of the things that was rumoured to have been removed when they were scrambling to lower the price before last years E3.

Is anyone having problems with message notifications? I get

- Soandso is online.

- Trophies

- Soandso has entered a party

That pop up in the top right (similar to PS3 notifications)

However, messages don't seem to pop-up in the top right. If I exit a game and click on the notifications bubble then the "You have new messages" is in there...but I don't get a pop-up in-game.

Also, could they not afford a notification light? I'm guessing the PS button may be used for that sort of thing - but that's under your thumb.

Edit:

I think I know the problem.

It seems that the console can disconnect from PSN quite often - even if it is still downloading from the PSN. I didn't get my last message notification (9 hours late) until I booted up FIFA and it connected to the PSN in that. Then I got the notification (ironically, looking at the notification cancels any network connection for the game - stopping what it was trying to do).

So the messaging/notification system is quite messed up.

Edited by Cube

Yeah I always seem to have to reconnect to the PSN, never seem to get any messages letting me know people have logged on etc.

Just got finished trying out the AR games, I expect they'll be deleted pretty quickly. Not one good one.

In the table football AR game, did you find that the distance required to have all cards in view was mere millimetres away from the maximum range from the cards?

I think I got a good enough angle that there was enough room for all the cards but it wasnt brilliant no. I didnt even get into a proper game of the football, just got bored during the tutorial.

I ended up getting bored of the fireworks one and just letting myself lose lives as it went on for so long!

Cliff diving I did a few but it was just boring.

That's exactly how far I got in each one.

Edit: I think the biggest failure is how moving around (kind of the main point of these) has zero point in any of the games. That's what made the target shooting on the 3DS so good.

Yeah exactly. I may have gotten bored with my 3DS pretty quickly but face rapers was still a good game and an interesting use of the AR stuff.

I need to try some more of it in Everybody's Golf. So far ive only used the one where the sky changes to the back camera.