NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Just played on one for the first time and aaaaaaarggghhhh I really really want one!! Curse my mum's 50th/Leeds festival tickets/holiday money coming up in the next couple of weeks, else I would have one of them ordered right now! *goes to rummage about to see what he can eBay...*

Just got mine out of the box and started updating firmware, etc. The OLED screen on this thing is amazing and the whole thing just feels like quality.

Props to Sony for going big with this thing!

Just got mine out of the box and started updating firmware, etc. The OLED screen on this thing is amazing and the whole thing just feels like quality.

Props to Sony for going big with this thing!

Agreed. And it's the reason I don't think we'll see a price drop - or a big one anyway.

Fuck you Royal Mail. Mine didn't arrive.

I did find it a little odd it was sent First Class with no method of tracking.

Something that really confused me: in the setup you have to select to not use your account, but set up a temp one instead. Then you can update and then login.

It's a bit silly having a set-up like that. Especially when there's a day-one update.

I think my Vita is missing the USB cable. Its meant to come with one, right?

I think my Vita is missing the USB cable. Its meant to come with one, right?

Is your USB cable not currently plugged into the Vita's charging block thing?

Oh, my bad. I thought the USB plugged into the flap next to the game cart (and so I saw it didn't fit). What's that port for?

Something that really confused me: in the setup you have to select to not use your account, but set up a temp one instead. Then you can update and then login.

It's a bit silly having a set-up like that. Especially when there's a day-one update.

Reminds me of both times when I upgraded to the latest Xbox 360, transferred everything across including my GamerTag and then had to create another one just to get past the initial menus, then sign in as normal with my exisiting GT.

I'm assuming it's like that, if so then I agree, it's completely silly... a 'temp' account isn't like setting up a full PSN account though is it? I hope not as I'm sure when I get my Vita I'll want to use my PSN ID with it asap so I can get on with downloading SSDD. :D

Is your USB cable not currently plugged into the Vita's charging block thing?

Yup I bet it is it works as both!

Just updating Everybodys Golf right now with a 116mb patch (wonder what it's for?) *checks internet* nope cant find out what its for.

Loving the Vita!

I'm assuming it's like that, if so then I agree, it's completely silly... a 'temp' account isn't like setting up a full PSN account though is it? I hope not as I'm sure when I get my Vita I'll want to use my PSN ID with it asap so I can get on with downloading SSDD. :D

A temp account is literally your country and date of birth. You don't even have to choose a name.

The console just doesn't tell you that you need to do it.

Does anybody have a Zavvi discount code they'd be happy to PM me?

P.S

Vita is shiny

Question about "Near"

Can people see your address or where abouts you are on a map ?

Fucking hope not!

Glad everyone is loving the Vita!

If anyone wants to add my gamertag please do!

It's Aneres11

Cheers!

Huh...The browser is surprisingly not shit. In fact now I don't have to rely on my iPhone any more.

I fucking love Lumines. I was just hypnotized for about half an hour on it.

Huh...The browser is surprisingly not shit. In fact now I don't have to rely on my iPhone any more.

I fucking love Lumines. I was just hypnotized for about half an hour on it.

I've got it daft but havent even tried it yet!

Played Stardust for a bit and it's good. Then got on to Everybody's Golf and it's fucking brilliant! Graphically impressive, deep levelling system, ooodles of character customisation. daily online tournaments, fantastic lobby system, and trophies which the PS3 version was seriously lacking!

Played in a couple of online tournaments and the lobbies were busy, played two online games one with 21 of us playing and one with 29. Came 10th in the 2nd game but so much fun!

I might try Lumines in my bed or Hustle Kings which I've not tried yet either but I have a feeling the lure of another online match will sway me.

I intended to download and play the new maps on Uncharted 3 tonight but sod that, the Vita has me totally hooked - it's simply blown me away by how good it is!

Wipeout impressions please! Also, how are the analog sticks? ie. In comfortable positions, dead zone etc.

Analogue sticks....after 1 minute of getting used to them, I feel confident in saying ;

As perfect as you would ever want.

Odd...the Vita doesn't seem to download in sleep mode.

Edit: I think there is a difference between letting the screen turn off and putting it to sleep with the power button.

Edited by Cube