NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Golden Abyss was nice to play through. It felt like an extension of one. Less of the crazy action pieces that are in Uncharted 2 and 3, and more exploring and climbing that was in the first game on the PS3. I certainly recommend it for people buying the Vita at launch ^_^

So... Dom, PSV... worth buying at European launch for just under the RRP along with Uncharted?

Does anyone know if the PS Vita game trophies have Platinums like PS3 games? Because I'd fucking love to try and Platinum Super Stardust Delta.

Does anyone know if the PS Vita game trophies have Platinums like PS3 games? Because I'd fucking love to try and Platinum Super Stardust Delta.

Looks like they do. Just checked Uncharted for the Vita and you can get a platinum on that.

Holy Toledo. If SSD has a Platinum I will buy it day one. That will guarantee a PSVita sale.

Got my Vita.

It's bigger than I thought it would be and the sticks feel weird (probably because I'm used to dual shock).

Details! Play it for an hour and report back! I wanna know how comfortable it is for long play sessions compared to the 3DS. Does it feel sturdy? Worth the price of admission?

Also, you might have said, what games did you get with it? And what's the OS like? Can you tether it to an iPhone?

I can tell you right now that you can tether it to an Android phone.

yeah reports please,

I want to know about holding comfort, does it cramp your hands up be cause of any placement, how springy/stiff are buttons, does the rear touch screen become a pain in the ass? cos i fear my fingers will encroach onto the rear touch panel causing no end of annoyance in games

What is battery life realistically like? a layman's thoughts on it so to speak, reviews are fine but they are overviews and ignore day to day stuff for the most part

When you connect your phone to a device and then mooch your phone's internet with the device.

Details! Play it for an hour and report back! I wanna know how comfortable it is for long play sessions compared to the 3DS. Does it feel sturdy? Worth the price of admission?

Sorry guys I was really tired yesterday.

Unfortunately you will have to wait a little while longer for my full impressions.

So far so good though. It feels really nice to hold, the Gravity Rush demo was really good. I played the Uncharted Demo; but it was really short. It had stunning graphics though.

A minor negative; the Vita did freeze when I turned it off but all I needed to do was hold down the power button for awhile.

This thing is a finger print magnet but it's a non-issue in my opinion.

The game I purchased was Blazblue. Funnily enough I know nothing about the game and generally don't play fighting games. I am enjoying it so far.

If you don't mind wasting some extra income on getting it early then go ahead and import one. If I were you though I would wait, 22 Feb isn't far away now.

What is tethering?

It's when you turn your phone into a portable wifi hotspot (essentially you convert the 3g connection your phone can use into a wifi signal). Any wifi enabled device will see your phone as a wifi point and be able to connect to the internet via the phone. Depending on your smart phone 'flavor' and carrier, some devices allow this, others do not.

Normally 'rooting' or 'jail breaking' your phone will allow you to run an app that will let you do this even if you carrier blocks it out of the factory.

When you do this it will allow you to use the phone as normal (calls and sms) but obviously it can't connect to wifi at the same time, but it does use more battery juice and can eat into data usage depending on what you are tethering.

The advantage of this is that you only need one data package (on your smart phone) that you can connect all your peripheral devices to (such as the Vita, an iPad, iPod touch etc) and you can also buy the normally cheaper wifi only variant of said hardware.

(Hope that clears that up :))

For me, getting the cheaper wifi only model is no-brainer. I have a wifi/3g iPad and have never put a sim card in it. I can't justify the cost of a second data plan when I have such a good plan for my phone that I can share.

What is tethering?

FUCK man stop being such a noob.

Sometimes it's hard to love you.

I assume it's going to be pretty fucking similar to Wipeout HD. Anyone know what PSN games are going to be available on Vita?

To the people who have pre-ordered a Vita, did you opt for a Wifi + 3G one or just a Wifi only one? I've gone for the Wifi only as i've access to plenty of Wifi networks and the cost of 3G isn't worthwhile for me.

From what I understand, the stuff you can do with 3G are

- Small downloads (under 20MB IIRC)

- Turn based games (stuff like Words With Friends)

- Leaderboards (they claim that notifications when you get "knocked off the leadarboard" is a brand new thing in the industry. Even though Audiosurf did it years ago).

- Messaging and stuff.

- Internet

- The "Near" feature, which is StreetPass with a bit more range and more specific location data.

All of which seem like completely pointless features, unless you can't afford a mobile phone.

From what I understand, the stuff you can do with 3G are

- Small downloads (under 20MB IIRC)

- Turn based games (stuff like Words With Friends)

- Leaderboards (they claim that notifications when you get "knocked off the leadarboard" is a brand new thing in the industry. Even though Audiosurf did it years ago).

- Messaging and stuff.

- Internet

- The "Near" feature, which is StreetPass with a bit more range and more specific location data.

Is that without a data plan? If so that's much better than I expected.

Is that without a data plan? If so that's much better than I expected.

That's with a data plan.

My thoughts on the Vita

Essentially:

- The console looks amazing and the build quality is extremely high

- Analogue stick placement isn't amazing.

- You need to hold the console in an odd way for games that use the rear touch panel.

- The screen is beautiful.

- WipeOut looks and feels like WipeOut HD.

- Gravity Rush is effin' amazing. I'd never even heard of it before, but the demo was brilliant (even if it was only a tutorial).

- Uncharted lacks the whole Uncharted feeling, it's clunky and the levels in the demo are very bland.

- Escape Plan is a great puzzle-platformer and makes good use of both touch-screens.

I'll probably wait a good while before getting one. I may be tempted if Gravity Rush is as brilliant as I expect it to be.

I cancelled my pre-order this week. I just really don't see what this is going to offer me that I couldn't get elsewhere in a better/more convenient form. I'm sure I'll still pick one up eventually, but right now I need convincing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhUiPdWUDh1ZkTSNfEr6E0gBH9T4Myda4uh3ImeTCFjRFaQfHx

SLEEEEEEEP.....BUY A VITAAAA.....SLEEEEEEP......VITA WILL GET YOU LAAAAID.....SLEEEEEEEP