NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Regardless of sales, the device looks amazing! All the hands-on impressions and videos of the build quality is making the wait unbearable.

I admit the initial batch of software doesnt appeal to me, but that has more to do with me being a closed-minded prick than any indicator of quality. Also i just played through Uncharted 3 recently so i have no urge to dive back into that universe

The problem is is that Sony didn't produce non-3G as much as the 3G when pre-orders and the opinion of the Japanese public was that they didn't want the 3G as they have no interest in it, but Sony went ahead and made more 3G's than the non-3G.

It's like being asked for something that tastes better at a cheaper price, or one that tastes exactly like the cheaper one and has more extra's that look like more trouble than it's worth and is super expensive. Then you get told that you can't have the cheaper one but only the super expensive one.

Well if that's true then it explains the drop in sales perfectly. Also that was the stupidest and most long-winded analogy ever :heh: Attempting to work it out. Tastes exactly like the cheaper one... Is super expensive and has extras that are more trouble than they are worth... Is this a food analogy or what?

Well if that's true then it explains the drop in sales perfectly. Also that was the stupidest and most long-winded analogy ever :heh: Attempting to work it out. Tastes exactly like the cheaper one... Is super expensive and has extras that are more trouble than they are worth... Is this a food analogy or what?

Yeah sorry, I was a bit tipsy, new years and all :heh:

....but it didn't damage the brand.

Really?

You don't think that developing and bringing to market a device that fails to sell in a significant manner doesn't have a negative impact in terms of reputation?

I do.

But not to the consumer.

But for developers and publishers for sure.

Also, I guess for press/coverage as well...

Both of which can shape "hardcore" gamers' perception.

Which is what this device is aimed at.

Anyway... I dunno how well this will do.

Edited by Wesley

No, because no one lost out. It didn't cost developers resources. The consumer wasn't forced to buy it. Sony made money on every unit.

If you can point me to any changes in sales or developer support after the releas of the Go then fine, but there really isn't.

The press didn't like the Go but in pretty much every write up I read they suggested the normal PSP was better, there was nothing about writing of the whole PSP line because of it. The Go is an isolated incident released near the end of the PSP lifetime. Sony ceased production specifically to focus on the Vita. The PSP Go is a footnote in the PSP's history.

Developer support for the Vita is glowing.

Edited by Daft

Well I can't point to a change in developer support because it was just following an already present downward curve.

Although developer resources weren't wasted (most didn't even bother with it); you don't think that by releasing a console that sells like shit doesn't make developers/publishers think twice about supporting their future devices?

Pleeeease.

Not to say that it can't be changed - just sell a shit loads at the start.

You know, kinda like with the Wii.

Lots of developers were all, "Man fuck Nintendo, they made the GameCube."

And then the Wii sold a fucktonne.

So then a bunch of developers/publishers were all, "Oh fuck release something quick before this fad ends!".

Yo.

I think you're kinda half right there. I don't own a PS3 but I'm interested, so I can't really relate to it being marketed towards PS3 owners. But you're right in the sense that I want it because I can get a console experience on the move. Well, that's one of the reasons, I really do want to see some kick ass homebrew on there too. Think of the emulators that could be achieved with that tech =3

Although developer resources weren't wasted (most didn't even bother with it); you don't think that by releasing a console that sells like shit doesn't make developers/publishers think twice about supporting their future devices?

It wasn't a new console, it was a new SKU. Magnitudes of difference.

Either way developers are obviously getting behind the Vita.

I didn't say it was a new console.

Anyway, let's just exchange gifs next time.

I don't like typing.

Cool. Whatevs. I'd post a GIF but I'm on ma phone. Just imagine something awesome.

PlayStation Vita Review

This pretty much mirrors my thinking. Nice to see it not being dragged into the miasma of crap that comes with its failure/success against iOS/Android/3DS.

Anyone here have any impressions of Army Corps of Hell?

That and Gravity Rush are the two Vita games I'm looking forward to the most! :grin:

That, and being able to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with a 2nd analog stick :D

Cannot wait. This will be my £229.99 dedicated Wipeout machine.

I was about to call you out on being absolutely insane, but then I look at the fact I have two PSP's because I bought the 3000 to be my dedicated Phantasy Star Portable 2 machine.

And by some luck, shortly after that the 3000 got hacked.

EDIT: Urgghhhhh even though I really don't want it at launch, every time I fucking see the thing I just want to buy it. I'd need to buy 2 memory cards to overcome the PSN account shit and I think Sega isn't offering UMD support for Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.

Edited by Debug Mode

I was about to call you out on being absolutely insane, but then I look at the fact I have two PSP's because I bought the 3000 to be my dedicated Phantasy Star Portable 2 machine.

EDIT: Urgghhhhh even though I really don't want it at launch, every time I fucking see the thing I just want to buy it. I'd need to buy 2 memory cards to overcome the PSN account shit and I think Sega isn't offering UMD support for Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity.

Hey man, I literally just got a PSP for PSP2. Looking into getting Infinity but I'm worried about the language barrier. This is totally off topic so maybe PM me if you wanna chat :grin:

same here but i'm gonna try and hold off :blank:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/01/07/playstation-vita-rooms-manchester/

We’re kicking off our PlayStation Vita Rooms tour in Manchester from 13th January. We want you to come along and get hands on with the next generation of handheld gaming.

The PlayStation Vita Rooms are open to absolutely everyone. You don’t even need to register to come along. Simply check out the schedule below, choose a time which suits you, turn up and get playing.

PlayStation Vita Rooms Manchester: Opening Times

- Friday 13th January: 12PM – 8PM *PLUS* Experience a live performance from Bashy at 4PM!

- Saturday 14th January: 10AM – 8PM

- Sunday 15th January: 10AM – 8PM

- Monday 16th January: 12PM – 4PM

- Tuesday 17th January: 12PM – 6PM

- Wednesday 18th January: 12PM – 8PM

The Games:

Here’s a list of the games you’ll be able to play at PlayStation Vita Rooms Manchester:

- Uncharted: The Golden Abyss

- Reality Fighters

- MotorStorm RC

- ModNation Racers: Road Trip

- Little Deviants

- Escape Plan

- Super Stardust

- WipEout 2048

There may be a few surprise games at the event too.

The Vital Info:

Venue Address: 63 Deansgate, Manchester. MW3 2BW

Map: http://g.co/maps/tfq8w

Parking: http://g.co/maps/wvxth

Facebook Event Page (Chat with other attendees!): http://www.facebook.com/playstationaccess?sk=events

I think I'll pop down on Saturday and give it a try.

It's ok, I'm all sorts of nutty. But really though, even if there isn't a wealth of original content on the machine at launch (which to be fair, there actually is for a change), there would still be a hell of a lot of PSP original games that I missed out on which I'd be more than happy to download. Never played either of the God of War games on the console for example, which I'm really excited to check out.

This console has got me pretty damn excited, and that's a strange feeling because it's been a long ass time.

They had Playstation Move demonstrations here in Ireland, so hopefully they'll have some Vita ones too. Free alcohol again would be great. :)

I have neither a 3DS or Vita but I'd like to get both at some point in the future. Just hope Sony can drop the price sometime after (or before) launch.