NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I have no idea what SSD is, but Disegea is just a JRPG, right?

Super Star Dust is a lot of fun.

ssds1_big.jpg

Dismissing Disgaea because it is a "JRPG" would be foolish (I am not saying I blame you however). I think one could argue that it is Americanised/influenced. But basically.

It is a turn based, Chessboard-type, strategy RPG. Heavy heavy customisation, you can level up not only characters but also weapons, different coloured characters of type class unlockable, a LOT of actually GENUINELY funny humour....literally a funny game, great options for weapons (e.g. not just "axe. Sword. sythe" etc, but gun, axe, magic, defence magic etc...lots of options. Name options, and fun and frantic battles. Chain reaction colour board changing geo-squares.

Disgaea-Screenshot.jpg

(Here are the Prism Rangers)

disgaea-2-prism-rangers-screenshot-big.jpg

Disgaea is in my top favourite games of all time. It is an absolute JOY. And it gave the world Prinnies.

http://disgaea.neoseeker.com/w/i/disgaea/9/91/Prinny_Sprites_(Disgaea_2).pngPrinny_Sprites_(Disgaea_2).png

I never got disgaea 3 on ps3 so I'm happy I can get it on vita. I also never played Persona 4 ( which one of my friends thinks is the business) so that being near launch is good too.

Square Enix haven't shown/announced anything yet have they?

Persona 4 is fantastic. Your friend is very wise. You're not good enough for him/her, since you haven't played it yet.

The Vita to me does seem like an impressive piece of kit technologically, despite the crazyass pointless back-touch control. The thing that's holding me off getting one is the game lineup.

... Says the guy with two 3DSs. :heh:

Dismissing Disgaea because it is a "JRPG" would be foolish (I am not saying I blame you however).

But it's "just a JRPG". Whatever that means.

Honestly not sure what more people would want from the announced games. Hell, even the launch titles are relatively impressive.

I love Super Stardust. It's like gaming zen.

Honestly not sure what more people would want from the announced games.

Unless the Uncharted game is really, really good (although even then I'd must rather have it on PS3), the only franchise I can think of that would make me get the Vita (that isn't exclusive to Nintendo/Microsoft) is Mass Effect.

It's hard to judge announced games for a console when you have little interest in the franchises.

Of course, I'm not ruling out that there will be some great games that may be system sellers - it's just that people who aren't fans of the main franchises won't really know until the game is out.

ReZ, you into Advance Wars of FF Tactics at all? I've been looking for people to play online with :heh:

Stardust gets boring very quickly. I don't see where all this love for it comes from.

In this thread, we discover that different people have different tastes.

And that Serebii's tastes are objectively wrong.

Serebii is pretty hilarious on the 3DS Thread.

Unless the Uncharted game is really, really good (although even then I'd must rather have it on PS3), the only franchise I can think of that would make me get the Vita (that isn't exclusive to Nintendo/Microsoft) is Mass Effect.

It's hard to judge announced games for a console when you have little interest in the franchises.

Of course, I'm not ruling out that there will be some great games that may be system sellers - it's just that people who aren't fans of the main franchises won't really know until the game is out.

Fair enough. I think I'm on the fence about it but only because I'm not sure exactly if it would fit into my day.

http://www.destructoid.com/confirmed-playstation-vita-is-region-free-211620.phtml

confirmed as region free. Great news for me seem as I am set to move to Canada. Means basically I think I will pick one up come release over here. I think the addition of Android games for Playstation Suite running on it is a massive plus, hopefully the approval process isn't too much effort for developers.

For me the Vita really looks like the next gen Playstation system let alone next gen handheld. Love the live area stuff, proper full blown remote play, beautiful screen, all the control options in the world!

Edited by flameboy

3DS is already dead.

As soon as it gets a Phantasy Star title and a keyboard attachment, my 3DS can get fucked. Well, until the next big game comes out for it of course, but the point is still valid.

The 3DS will be fine, despite the recent doom and gloom. Ultimately it's still a machine with MH4, Mario Kart and Pokémon on side; Nintendo will need to blow off a few more toes to screw things up completely.

Anyway, here's a demonstration of Vita's in-development AR features, which are pretty impressive. (Skip to about 1:50.)

Anyone else find the alien bit freaky as fuck?

I feel like I need a Trauma Center game for Vita now.

The Vita to me does seem like an impressive piece of kit technologically, despite the crazyass pointless back-touch control. The thing that's holding me off getting one is the game lineup. Nothing in it appeals to me at the moment. I hope this changes but still, until then...
Last two, no. I've played Uncharted and found it massively over-rated
The second one

I feel exactly the same as you, nothing is appealing to me, apart from FFX but i can just put that in my PS3 so...

And yeah uncharted, played it at my mates, watched him play the second and just thought MEH tomb raider clone. I'm still planning on buying them for my PS3 when i get round to it, they just aren't "must have games" for me

Stardust gets boring very quickly. I don't see where all this love for it comes from.

Same here, wish i'd not wasted so much buying everything for it, played it for a few weeks then i haven't since

I honestly think the vita will suffer similar to the 3DS have 1/2 good launch games, then be months before anything decent comes out.

Can't say i'm impressed with battery life especially after all Sony's show boating about how it would be better than the 3DS and they had aimed to ave good battery life! I got flamed to hell on another forum for saying i can only see it having the same as if not worse than the 3DS with its power hungry specifications, and now look at this! a hollow victory i'd have loved to be wrong

I also think pricing is wrong, fair enough i except the similar price to a launch 3DS given its spec's its actually quite good.

BUT

Nobody wanted the 3DS at that price, and then to go an not only not include a memory card, but make it use propriety memory formats only which aren't cheap, then provide loads of other accessories at a large sony style cost too

i'll use Dollars since i can't find EU prices, even these may be just a Yen conversion from the site

the vita is $250

Cradle is $35

lowest Memory card 4GB $30

so that is $315 to get the same package as a 3DS without a game :sad:

so you start adding larger memory cards, cases, and games (which nobody knows pricing of yet it seems) then the cost is becoming hugely more than a home console, something quite a lot of media outlets slated the 3DS for (being so close in price)

Its a recession i just think its generally a bad year for gaming, and having so many extras and a lack of pack ins is not going to help it, and i'm sure there are people like me who are hurt over buying the 3DS (and psp before it) on launch day who won't be buying until the Vita has been out some time.

that was all doom and gloom wasn't it?

I hope both 3DS and Vita do well, having some jrpg's on it will be good, the region free aspect is a huge selling point for me.

And yeah uncharted, played it at my mates, watched him play the second and just thought MEH tomb raider clone. I'm still planning on buying them for my PS3 when i get round to it, they just aren't "must have games" for me

Hahaha, there's so much wrong with this statement.

Unless your plan was to rip out ReZ's heart and stomp on it, in which case, mission accomplished. :blank:

Hahaha, there's so much wrong with this statement.

Unless your plan was to rip out ReZ's heart and stomp on it, in which case, mission accomplished. :blank:

:p knew that comment would get a reaction, it wasn't aimed for a reaction from any one person though i just played to the crowed with it,

The only honest bit was i don't see it as a must have game, you see I don't use my ps3 so never bought uncharted, that said from what i've seen it does look good.

I've never known why people like to take sides with consoles and handhelds. 3DS will have brilliant games. Vita will have brilliant games. Both will be well worth owning.