NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Myyyeearghhh. If I'm rich/have money by the time this comes out

+

They release some kind of Disgaea

Then yes.

I am extremely interested to see what it offers though. :)

6 AM!! As in like in under 12 hours! It's already Thursday in Japan!!

Kotaku got this article up with times for all over the world and such like:

http://kotaku.com/5743754/are-you-ready-for-some-big-playstation-news

t's going to be a long day and a long night especially if you have any interest in the future of the Playstation Portable.

Although the subject of Sony's big press conference tonight is still officially a mystery, all signs point to the unveiling of the next Playstation Portable.

Way back last year we were being told that the new portable from Sony would be getting a January unveiling, and along comes this event. Good thing we have Ash in Japan, because he's going to be covering it for us live. Liveblogging the news from a conference that we're told is completely video free.

What's the big deal about the Playstation Portable 2? For one thing it could be the first big portable to include two thumbsticks, something even the fancy 3D-sporting 3DS from Nintendo doesn't offer. Here's a full run down of everything we currently know and suspect about the PSP 2. I'll wait while you read it.

Pretty exciting isn't it?

Of course, there's always the possibility, since this will be an hour and a half long press conference being put on by Sony Computer Entertainment's big brother, Sony, that they could stray into the realm of other things. Things like the PSP Phone. We have no reading on that, but who know's, anything is possible.

What we do know is that we'll be there live, covering the show from the front row of Sony's biggest news conference of 2011... so far. ;)

Stop by and follow along. I've listed our kick off times and when the pressers start below in a variety of time zones.

Check In and Liveblog Kick Off

Kotaku Time: 9:30 p.m., Jan 26

East Coast: 11:30 p.m., Jan. 26

West Coast: 8:30 p.m., Jan 26

Japan: 1:30 p.m., Jan. 27

England: 4:30 a.m., Jan 27

Sydney, Australia: 3:30 p.m., Jan. 27

Presser Set to Start

Kotaku Time: 11 p.m., Jan 26

East Coast: 1 a.m., Jan. 27

West Coast: 10 p.m., Jan 26

Japan: 3 p.m., Jan. 27

England: 6 a.m., Jan 27

Sydney, Australia: 5 p.m., Jan. 27

Until then tell us what you think will be happening tonight at Sony's big press conference.

Lets see if Sony have learnt their lessons from the PSP and PS3. If they have this will be a phenomenal piece of kit. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Anyone staying up?

I'm usually up at that time anyways, cause my sleeping pattern is totally retarded. So yes, I am. :heh:

Could be rather interesting, it's a decent time for me so I'll no doubt check out what gets announced. Not making any guesses as to what it will be though.

Looking forward to hearing what people think about this, I've been totally underwhelmed by the device at all times. Honestly the only thing I think that would save it is a low price point. I'm not sure if initial reactions from others will be different though.

event-better-psp2-rm-eng-1.jpg

- Called NGP

- TWO ANALOG STICKS

- six access motion controls

- new game media

- big big screeen

- and a touch pad on the back

- Front and rear camera, with a microphone

- 5 inch OLED

- 3G plus WiFI. GPOS

- 4x resolution of PSP

- flash based carts

Games

New - uncharted, resistance, LBP, killzone, wipeout

Reality Fighters

sony-tokyo-event-1395.jpg

sony-tokyo-event-1394.jpg

sony-tokyo-event-1399.jpg

sony-tokyo-event-1438.jpg

sony-tokyo-event-1414.jpg

The Uncharted gameplay uses the sticks and buttons, but you can also touch the screen to go over an obstacle, or tilt the device to control the swinging on a vine.

sony-tokyo-event-1430.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

My god that unit is ugly.. But those graphics are amazing.

But jesus christ, a 5 inch OLED? This thing is going to be expensive.

It's also best to clarify the name NGP is the code name, much like the Nitro and Dolphin Nintendo has used.. I'm betting it will actually be called PSP2.

EDIT: They're currently talking live about the possibility of cloud computing for the PSP2. Be careful there guys.. On Live just isn't working out.

Edited by Debug Mode

OH MY GOD IT LOOKS FUCKING SHIT.

And I have to fucking get one. FFS.

All it even has over the PSP is better graphics and an extra stick (really)

Hmm, looks good to me. It can lose the touchscreen (although, I guess for the UI it isn't bad), but OLED and real analog sticks are great.

Its still going on REZ.

7:17AM "Just like the PS3. Only difference is the geometry capabilities. The same lighting shaders, same physics as the PS3."

Looks pretty but I'm totally underwhelmed. So far there is nothing for me to get excited about. I like playing my console games on a tv and frankly that pose using the touch screen looks.painful.

7:17AM "Just like the PS3. Only difference is the geometry capabilities. The same lighting shaders, same physics as the PS3."

Until we get closer to to the release date and find the graphics have been highly over estimated..

I jest, I just have a massive bone to pick with Sony after the massive difference between what we were shown and told at the PS3's E3 event when revealed and reality.

But right now, it's looking pretty sweet. A portable PS3 of sorts (Which I imagine will be like the PSP, close to the current generation graphics but with shit loads of jaggies)

It's also best to clarify the name NGP is the code name, much like the Nitro and Dolphin Nintendo has used.. I'm betting it will actually be called PSP2.

Given that an uninformed person might think it's an ordinary PSP and the PSP already has a fan base, I'm surprised they didn't introduce it as the PSP2.

I just hope they change the placement of the analog sticks. The current PSP one is very uncomfortable to use due to it's placement, and now they have two in the same part of the system. Any one who's played a game that requires you to use it a lot will know what I mean.

1296111961708.jpg