NEurope
Diageo

DEATH NOTE Mafia

The game is over.

The SFU has successfully arrested all mafia members.

The winners are:

[1] The Peeps

[3] Aqui1a [Arrested]

[5] Jonnas

[11] heroicjanitor

[12] Cube

[13] Ellmeister

[16] mr-paul

[17] Dannyboy-the-Dane

[19] Sméagol

[20] Zell

Edited by Diageo

Good game, I had fun, despite the mafia's starting problems. We had two semi-inactive members and one that refused to play because he didn't want to be mafia(MadDog), plus some confusion about the game mechanics we didn't get a name and a face before day 7 or so, at which Jayseven(semi-inactive) got arrested before he even got to use the Death Note(Dazz was the first one we killed). Then we ended up dying left and right without knowing why or who did it(myself and Rummy). Inactive players hurt the mafia a lot more than the town, you even lynched two people just for the heck of it!!

Well done everyone. I must admit that I was completely baffled by a lot of things, and it was hard to know how we were progressing (we didn't know that the people we arrested were mafia).

Yay! Well done guys.

I really enjoyed that!

A lot of paranoia which is always the best thing for a mafia game. Can't wait to see the roles and the mechanics of it all.

I was surprised I lasted so long as a protector!

DAMN

I didn't think Eddie was the last one!

You won? You didn't want to win?

I made a few mistakes in this. The first time round I told Ellmeister what I looked like and then he killed me. As soon as I got the PM that I'd died I knew it had to be him. I knew I shouldn't have given away what I look like but I was starting to look a bit untrustworthy at the time - I thought.

Then I got the opportunity to get back in the game but it turned out my role would be a shinigami who had fallen in love with a girl... who turned out to be Ellmeister. So I had to keep Ell alive to win :grin:

I liked this game and it felt like we were really far from the end just because we didn't know who was mafia (besides Tales). The arrest instead of lynch was a good idea, it fits much better with the story.

I mostly tried to stay quiet and I was lucky that Sméagol was the only one to question me really.

Fucking knew something was up with Ellmeister, what was his win condition? Ah I'll wait to see the roles. I don't think anyone was sure about Eddie, I had her after Zell and Ell. I probably would have voted for her if we needed a lynch today.

Aqui1a won :hmm:

Oh well, I tried my best :) 5 mafia, 1 totally inactive, 2 semi-inactive (not their fault) as Tales said...I did find it hard, but it was fun all the same!

I want to know who killed me the first time around!!

Jayseven(semi-inactive) got arrested before he even got to use the Death Note(Dazz was the first one we killed). Then we ended up dying left and right without knowing why or who did it(myself and Rummy).

So it was Ellmeister killing people? You were mafia and came back as another mafia, funny for some reason :p Rummy didn't die though?

Before Ell killed me he controlled me to accuse Rummy, I think that black book thing was completely invented but it turns out Rummy was mafia anyway!

I thought I played it pretty coy! No-one suspected it was me killing most people, especially at the start. Though Nintendohnut's inactivity REALLY hampered me =/

Did you kill ReZ then or was it Tales?

I'd been to your house and everything and I survived? Did you have trouble getting my name or did you have certain people to kill? Or were you just a good vigilante?

I actually can't remember my own name or address, it never appeared in the write up!

So it was Ellmeister killing people? You were mafia and came back as another mafia, funny for some reason :p Rummy didn't die though?

Or was it Eddie? I don't remember.

Yeah, I replaced MadDog due to his inactivity.

After I was arrested I wanted to still try to get you lynched by constantly referring to your high security building, what you were guarding etc, but then I started to suspect you to be the other killer so I stayed quiet, so you could keep killing. Never suspected Ellmeister.

I killed Dazz and Rez. Eddie killed Ruyk, Jayseven was supposed to kill Nintendohnut but I don't if we managed to do that before he was arrested(we acually _lost_ the Death Note then. It scared the hell out of me when I suddenly died, because I feared someone had stolen it :P, luckily we got it back)

Both Tales and I were originally mafia, both of us died and replaced the two inactive mafia members MadDog and Rummy respectively.

I never suspected Ellmeister either...well played!

Strange game for me. I didn't have anything to do for ages. I didn't even realise I was town to begin with. I loved how there was loads of suspicion on me all the time. Heroic, why did you say I was lying?

Overall, good game, even if it was a little confusing to begin with.

Because it wasn't true that a red haired man received a death note in my building. Cube was giving me info by phone or something however.

So, who was the mafia exactly? And what was that desterate building?

I must say I wasn't much of a fan of this game. Not knowing who anybody was or what the heck was going on killed the joy for me. Too many things were left unknown. We had no idea if we arrested the right people, other people kept dropping dead for no apparent reason, and most of the time we were completely in the dark. I don't know, confusion and paranoia normally makes a mafia game great, but in this game I just felt we were getting nowhere and shooting blindly every which way.

Sorry, Diageo. The game was well thought out, and I applaud the work you put into it, but it just wasn't to my tastes.

Because it wasn't true that a red haired man received a death note in my building. Cube was giving me info by phone or something however.

This is the PM I received.

You follow HeroicJanitor to the Desterate Building Complex. The building is high in security and has tinted windows and so you could not look at him directly to discover his aura. When you touched the door however, you received a vision. A flashing image flickered in your mind. It was a man inside the Desterate Building, handing over a black book entitled Death Note to a red haired man.

God damn, did I just miss the ending? :D :p... :shakehead

Anyway, I'm clearly not the only still confused. I read something about mafia being afraid of killers or something. Ellmeister apparently was the killer, but he wins with town? So you're vigilante lover? Ok.

I loved all the various "random" stuff from the game, but the ending left me a little unsatisfied. But that's probably because I missed it.

Roles & mechanics please!

[..]

one that refused to play because he didn't want to be mafia(MadDog)

[..]

Sorry to hear that..

[..]

I mostly tried to stay quiet and I was lucky that Sméagol was the only one to question me really.

Still can't believe it! :p

That said, strangely enough, I would've probably left you alone had you told the truth. But then you would probably have the others after you. ;) I never thought you were actuallu mafia, just that there's something wrong with you. I don't know what I'd done if I was online yesterday evening. I might have tried to keep pressuring you, but more likely I would've followed the bandwagon that was forming on Eddie.

You must have been a bogus psychic, it would fit Diageo to make one. The mafia made up Dazz's aura power so I thought they got it from you, and your memory coming back at the same time as Tales passed on the Death Note, and you didn't do anything for 6 nights or so, and this wild allegation. You were really likely to be mafia in my eyes :p

People kept voting for me solely for the fact that I lived in a high security building. Not a surprise really since people were so lynch-happy anyway(we got very lucky). I ruled out that The Peeps was a shinigami because we could see him :mad:

I was going against you because I thought I had to kill everyone so you were one of the hardest targets to get.

That being said, Jonnas lives with 3 people, and I need a name and a face so it was going to be hard to kill him as well. Nintendohnut could get names, I could only get faces, so him dying sort of slowed the game right down on my end.

Just to clarify, i wasn't inactive because i refused to play. I just hate being mafia. I was good in the Harry Potter mafia, and i still wasn't that active. I'm very sorry, but i just lost interest due to real life things. I just wanted to make sure that you all knew how it was.