NEurope
Ashley

Tangled

I'm off to watch this tomorrow morning with some people from uni (for free, yay). Its on general release on Friday. Anyone else interested?

Looks pretty fun and been getting good reviews in America.

I saw the trailer before... um... what did I go to see recently? Might have been as far back as Toy Story 3.

It looked... okay.

I wanted to see this (it's been out here for a while), but had no one to go with. Plus the local cinema only showed a dubbed version, which I refuse to go see. So no Tangled for me. =(

I havn't botherd with this one, it just seems like its rippin off orginal stories.

Because up until this point no Disney film has ever been based on a fairy tale...?

I havn't botherd with this one, it just seems like its rippin off orginal stories.

[insert rant about judging a film by its source material]

nah, i'm saying its been done before, just seemed reclyced stuff. I like it when the stories are orginal.

I heard a lot of that footage in the trailer isn't even in the actual movie is that true?

I thought so, because the trailer felt really "trailer-y", as in, it told a story in under 2 minutes. I assume the actual film will be a lot more drawn out, and will have different footage.

I heard the movie is meant to be a general fairytale sort of affair disney does, but since princess and the frog did poorly enough they are trying to advertise it like dreamworks.... The rock music, the fast paces action, the witty humour etc..

I heard the movie is meant to be a general fairytale sort of affair disney does, but since princess and the frog did poorly enough they are trying to advertise it like dreamworks.... The rock music, the fast paces action, the witty humour etc..

They're actually going to stop making "princess" movies after this one, as they feel they can't target enough people with these. As apparently boys don't want to go see princess movies, so Disney wants to cater to them as well. Or something like that.

I agree, especially that Cinderella one. I could see where that was going a mile off.

nah, i'm saying its been done before, just seemed reclyced stuff. I like it when the stories are orginal.[/QUOTe]

I've not seen any interpretation of Rapunzel [to recent memory] Refresh my memory if I've forgotten.

I heard a lot of that footage in the trailer isn't even in the actual movie is that true?

Wouldn't be the first time I'm afraid. If you watch the end of Back To The Future II when they show a trailer of what's going down in the third you'll see at least one scene which they cut out.

I can't speak for the film itself as I haven't seen it, but Disney going for a very DreamWorks-like feel with the advertising for it has indeed been discussed on the internet.

I've never wanted to see a Disney film more, personally (non Pixar obviously) but I do dislike Disney I guess.

I just think this looks pretty good. I loll'd at the saucepan bit.

Wonder if he got a ten piece kitchen utensil set free with it.

I've never wanted to see a Disney film more, personally (non Pixar obviously) but I do dislike Disney I guess.

I just think this looks pretty good. I loll'd at the saucepan bit.

Wonder if he got a ten piece kitchen utensil set free with it.

LOL'd a lot at this and I want to see Tangled too. I'm not going to see it on it's release but I'll eventually see it soon after! :)

They're actually going to stop making "princess" movies after this one, as they feel they can't target enough people with these. As apparently boys don't want to go see princess movies, so Disney wants to cater to them as well. Or something like that.

This is also the reason they named the movie Tangled. Boys wouldn't want to watch a movie called Rapunzel, apparently.

I want to watch this, but I'll probably just wait for the DVD. Going to the cinema alone is too much trouble.

Watched this several weeks ago, and it was fun. Nothing spectacular, but fun.

This is also the reason they named the movie Tangled. Boys wouldn't want to watch a movie called Rapunzel, apparently.

I want to watch this, but I'll probably just wait for the DVD. Going to the cinema alone is too much trouble.

Yeah, heard that too. Though over here they stuck with the name Rapunzel heh. Guess Tangled was a bit too difficult to translate and use for a film title. =P

In Danish they've given it the most ridiculous title: "To på flugt" (literally "Two On The Run")

Seriously, that's the best they could come up with? They're not even going to attempt any hair puns?

Not a very bald move at all...

How it took me ten seconds to get that is beyond me! :p

So I saw this. Pretty enjoyable. Nothing mind blowing but a fun film. I don't see why they were so fussed about it being more of a girls film. Enough visual/slapstick humour and action scenes to amuse everyone. Didn't realise it was their 50th either, think they would have made more of a fanfare.

Did anyone else think they completely rushed the last 15 minutes of this movie? Like noticeably so

I thought it was great. Felt very Zelda-y, or more like the Fable games. Funny, a couple of catchy songs (and a few misses) and a true Disney film. Class.