NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ryuk

Blocking people in chat

Just curious at which point do you consider blocking someone? Do you block them to just avoid that person so u can talk to someone else? or do you block them when you've had an argument and gives both of you a cooling of period?

I personally block people when we've had an argument, if i'm avoiding someone I simply say i'm busy doing somthing or set my status to away. I think its rude to block someone just because you don't want to talk to them, I also find it offencive and hurtful when people do it to avoid me.

I block people who talk to me all the time about nothing interesting whatsoever, and then unblock them when I have something to talk to them about. This is mostly about this Brazilian girl that fancies me and won't leave me alone. And sometimes family because they are boring as hell to talk to.

I block people when I have an argument with them and we need to cool down before one or the other says something unthoughtful or something they'll regret. Also, I can block people who are stalkers (like this girl who my friend introduced me to who's not my type whatsoever and just won't stop e-mailing me about nonsense). Oh, and I block people who upset me an awful lot. So to re-cap, you'll get blocked:

1) If we need a cooling down session after a heated argument (but then I unblock less than a day later)

2) If you're a stalker and I've told you I don't like you like that yet you won't stop e-mailing me 24/7 about nothing but bull

3) If you made a promise to me and then made me look a right fool, which I've had a few times.

Other than that, it's all goood. :D

So basicly u only talk to them when YOU have somthing to share? lol

Pretty much.

would that certern stalker be a certern someone I warned you about? :P lol

I have four of the buggers but she's my main peeve, yeah. I blocked her two weeks ago and ignored her e-mails and I think she's got the message. Sometimes, it's cruel to be kind, right?

would that certern stalker be a certern someone I warned you about? :P lol
Are you dyslexic?

I once had someone add me on MSN because he was obsessed with someone else on my MSN list.

Worst stalker ever. :blank:

I only really block people when they become obsessively annoying... people that talk to me constantly... with very little content. Those conversations - howareyouimokaywhatyoudoingimnotdoingalot etc just do my head in.

I've got more time for (most) real lifers & KNEErs... that's about it.

them: "Hi what you doing?"

*has status as busy*

me: "I'm busy"

them: "what you busy doing?"

me: :blank:

Back when MSN was really popular I'd block people who would talk to me every night without fail about nothing in particular. I'd talk to them every so often but couldnt handle every night.

Also people who I know are wanting to talk to me about something semi-important and I didn't have time to deal with it, id just block them rather than having to ignore them. Unblock when I had time to deal with it.

them: "Hi what you doing?"

*has status as busy*

me: "I'm busy"

them: "what you busy doing?"

me: :blank:

Sounds familiar darling :p

who said its limited to msn? theres a lot of other services that have the feature of blocking..

I just ignore all people. much fairer that way.

or say something odd and then log off.

"THE GERMANS ARE COMING PREPARE THE ICECREAM TRUCKS THIS TIME WE ARE NOT FIGHTING THEM ON THE BEACHES."

*logs off*

I should have blocked people, there were several who would just say "how's it going?" and if I tried to get any sort of conversation going they would reply with one word answers. Then if I stopped replying they'd get upset.

Sign in to follow this