NEurope
The Mad Monkey

New Red Dwarf next year

I tried to watch Red Dwarf a few years ago, but gave up halfway through the third season. Unfunny stuff. :blank:

I guess this is great news for the fans, but I was under the impression that people weren't too fond of the new episodes?

OMG yes!

but I really disliked return to earth. I hope a bit more effort is put into this and for gods sake continue straight after that cliffhanger in series 8.

Red dwarf and doctor who have that in common. They create epic cliffhanger and always follow it up with a disappointing end or no explanation at all.

I tried to watch Red Dwarf a few years ago, but gave up halfway through the third season. Unfunny stuff. :blank:

I guess this is great news for the fans, but I was under the impression that people weren't too fond of the new episodes?

Give Series 6 a try, best of the lot IMO.

The new episode were a different format and yeah personally I wasn't a fan, but more true Red Dwarf next year = WIN!!

!

you are totally right but then again series 3 was really good too, he'll probably never like any of it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't jump into the middle of a series like that. Plus nothing of what I've watched was good enough for me to feel like giving the series a shot past that.

But yeah, good news for the fans. I know Red Dwarf is popular with the Brits. :smile:

Edited by Magnus

Didn't they say there was new Dwarf occuring this year. Now, they say next year. I sense it won't be occuring at all. And this is coming from a Dwarf fan.

I got all the DVDs last week. Currently half way through season 6. Brilliant stuff.

I've seen most of the episodes before, but not in order.

More Dwarf can only be a good thing for fans, but after Back to Earth I really worry.

This has kinda been in the offing for a while with various tidbits of announcements. I had heard rumours that there were going to be other writers hired and its a good idea...I mean Doug Naylor can come up with great plots and ideas still in my opinion but he can't write gags which is why the level of funniness has steadly decreased. He needs to give up writing alone and at the very least get gag writers in but hopefully will get others to write whole episodes...

Back to Earth was good but only because I loved the Blade Runner homage.

It has lost a fair bit of its charm but I'll still be watching. Hopefully it will deliver the funny like it used to!

And we definitely need to see Ace Rimmer again

After re-watching Back to Earth, the biggest problem with it by far is the budget. It's way too high - everything is too well made.

The sets and props need to be cheap and tacky.

After re-watching Back to Earth, the biggest problem with it by far is the budget. It's way too high - everything is too well made.

The sets and props need to be cheap and tacky.

That was one thing i dis-liked with Back to Earth. They needed the classic Skutters back, not the CGI ones. You are correct, the modern set designs did not work too well. I prefer, like you the cheap and tacky sets.

I tried to watch Red Dwarf a few years ago, but gave up halfway through the third season. Unfunny stuff.

The new episodes were shite but honestly Red Dwarf for the most part is classic british comedy gold.

Everybodys dead dave.

The new episodes were shite but honestly Red Dwarf for the most part is classic british comedy gold.

Everybodys dead dave.

Yes they were. The fake Corrie accent scene in the shop was so cringe. The characters have become jokes of their former selves. Bring back Rob Grant!

Yes they were. The fake Corrie accent scene in the shop was so cringe. The characters have become jokes of their former selves. Bring back Rob Grant!

Never going to happen unfortunately...but yeah you do get the feeling he was the brains behind a lot of it.

I loved Red Dwarf Back in the day - this was before they had all been released on VHS even. I used to badger my grandparents and parents to record every episode for me. Then they came out on tape and I was over the moon.

But to be honest... It's been nearly 18 years since Series 6 came out. That for me was the end. Series 7 was unremitting rubbish and Series 8 was marginally better. I didn't see the new episodes. I'd rather just leave things as they were.