NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2011

Seriously?! Fucking hell. I want Michael on the podium :( Also I can't help feeling the DRS zone is too big this weekend? Last year Michael held off Jenson just BARELY and that was with the f-duct giving a few kph extra. Surely they are just gonna walk past each other this weekend?
You been watching the 'classic F1's' on the Red Button too? Yeah after seeing last years again, it does seem like it will be all too easy... I mean if Turkey was, this will be! China was too easy too... it was only the chance of a possible re-overtake from the cut back out of the slow hairpin corner that kept things close there.

McLaren are bringing something like 12 updates to this weekend! (though tbf they seem to have a bit of trend recently of updates not working right away)

Elsewhere Kimi's been settling into American truck racing, and I'm not sure I've seen him this happy for quite some time -

tumblr_lliaxfk0Xa1qbfbyzo1_500.jpg

Just look at that face. The unbridled excitement.

haha! :D

1139234.jpg

With Montoya...

zvphe.jpg

20qew5d.jpg

This was really lovely to here from Montoya:

http://www.ts.fi/moottoriurheilu/muut/223251.html

– I'm sure the rally experience will help Kimi slightly, but it helps in other places, not here. Yet Kimi is in a very good team and I'm sure he will go fast once he finds the right rhythm, Montoya chatted.

Would it be nice to see Räikkönen in Sprint Cup?

– Absolutely. If Kimi stays here then it's going to be fun, the Columbian star assured.

Are nice memories coming back?

– Those memories live forever, Montoya smiled.

Edited by Retro_Link

Quite funny they're playing on Spanish fans dislike for Lewis!

BTW, what is going on with McLarens overalls?... at first I thought it was in support of Japan at Malaysia, but then in Turkey they had the flags symbol on their back and now they've come out with yellow arms... so I guess they're just doing different overalls to fit with that countries flag... but why?... and surely it could be done much nicer than todays for example!

Hope Lewis gets the Red Bulls into Turn 1 tomorrow, to keep the race for the lead interesting.

Edited by Retro_Link

BTW, what is going on with McLarens overalls?... at first I thought it was in support of Japan at Malaysia, but then in Turkey they had the flags symbol on their back and now they've come out with yellow arms... so I guess they're just doing different overalls to fit with that countries flag... but why?... and surely it could be done much nicer than todays for example!

Hope Lewis gets the Red Bulls into Turn 1 tomorrow, to keep the race for the lead interesting.

They had Gaudi's Sagrada Familia on the back. So yeah, looks like they're doing custom overalls for each country. A little strange though.

Think the most interesting thing to come out of qually was Vettel's issues with KERS. Was it ever stated whether or not it was running in that last session/after qually? If not, Hamilton has a good chance to catch him during the race so that should at least be interesting.

Do hope Webber can get a win, although he didn't exactly look enthusiastic about getting pole position but I guess he realises that the real job comes through in the race.

It wasn't working for Q3 but yeah, who know... Vettel's KERS problems seem really strange, during races it seems to stop working then start up again, so maybe it will switch itself on for tomorrow, but would make it interesting if it didn't.

Webber's got to think he'll get caught down into turn 1, if not by Vettel (only if his KERS works), then possibly by Hamilton, so it's gonna be tough for him.

Is the Driver tracker working for anyone? I have a week where I can use it and it doesn't seem to be working. I get commentary (same as BBC) but the tracker is not updating.

Nevermind, it's working now. Could be a close one with the top three cars today.

Edited by BowserBasher

Fantastic race today even if Hamilton & Vettel may as well have been in a completely different GP to everyone else. Too bad it just didn't go right for Webber, I don't care who beats Vettel to the finish but someone's got to.

Again, another great race. Honestly thought Hamilton was gonna pinch it up until 5 laps before the end where he just seemed to stop gaining time. Good to see two McLaren's on the podium :D

Sorta just want Vettel to totally spank it in to a wall and be out for the season..

The start was great to watch. Alonso's great start then just dissipated into nothing really. Whereas Jenson had a terrible start (not aggressive at all) and managed to pull it off.

Vettel and Hamilton was exciting to watch and I wanted Hamilton to win it instead but alas Vettel drove well enough to keep his top place on the podium.

From the start Alonso got I was starting to believe Vettel might be beaten at last, that went out the window though, was rooting for Hamilton near the end but there's no doubting Vettel's talent. The other teams need to pull their fingers out if they wanna stop Vettel, Mclaren are the only ones close.

Absolutely Fantasic race! Loved it!

Was so exciting seeing the top 4 racing so closely for the first phase... and then Vettel and Hamilton were just mind blowing!

Hamilton was SO close to a win!.. those last 10 laps were awesome.

I mean ideally they'd have taken the race away from Vettel for breaking rule 43.1... 'any driver deemed to have found the crazy frog cool, let alone 10 years after, should be outlawed from society' [/facepalm] :p

And only a week to wait!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

What do we reckon for this weekend then?...

It's funny reading all the teams predictions.

McLaren think they'll have a strong weekend, with Button saying a great chance of pole.

Renault have said they think they can fight for a win here!

Rosberg has just tweeted saying he think Mercedes can do really well this weekend.

Maldonado is eyeing points.

Kobayashi is aiming for points.

Add on top of that Ferrari go pretty well here... and it seems everyone fancies their chances! :p

I think Alonso/Hamilton have got a great chance of pole, but unless the Ferrari really suits the tyres, I'd expect Alonso to get overtaken in the pits. I don't think Monaco is one of Vettel's tracks, he hasn't been great here in the past... think he crashed last year... but he's certainly on form, so who knows!

Gonna be interesting!

I'm absolutely gutted. I'm away this weekend for the Monaco GP which I've watched almost every single year since I was a kid despite not really being a fan. And the year I get really in to it I'll be down south! It's the most iconic circuit for me. I have amazing memories of racing around it as Damon Hill on the original Formula 1 PS1 game with Murray Walker commentating. My parents used to spend hours playing it too, and I'd always watch them play. I was fascinated by the fact that there was a tunnel.. it was what made it stand out.

Absolutely amazing memories.

May have to avoid Tv/press and iPlayer it when I get back from Portsmouth on Sunday!!

Just stumbled across Practice on the Red Button while channel hopping... always forget they do it on Thursday in Monaco!

I am looking foward to it of course but i really do not know what to make of Monaco,i mean its a nice venue in an interesting location but to me unless it rains the race itself is like watching paint dry.

The new tyres have been an interesting feature of some races as they seem to fall away quickly so i am hoping it will spice the race up a little bit.

Yeah Monaco is often incredibly dull... I'm actually not that big a fan of it, I think some others on here feel the same!... but hey, it is a spectacle, the on boards can be pretty exciting, but yeah you really do need rain/crashes or something to make the race interesting.

Hopefully the new rules will help slightly... maybe a chance to overtake a little more up the hill after Turn 1.

I think the tyres could make things very interesting. In theory if overtaking is still hard you could end up with very different strategies, and a fast car stuck right behind a slow one. This race has the potential to be Mansell vs Senna all over again. 6 minutes in.

tumblr_llv4buHLTf1qikve3o1_500.jpg

Good god in heaven. You'd think Lewis would have someone on staff to help prevent this sort of thing. It's like he had a drunken street fight with the nearest branch of GAP.

haha, maybe Jenson dared him to wear an item from Nicole's suitcase! :p

tbf it looks like a photoshoot, judging from the reflection in the McLaren truck... dunno what sponsor that would be though.

Edited by Retro_Link

Hope Perez is alright. Quite a crash there.

EDIT: Got him out and the car is being lifted, it's a mess but the cockpit looks alright.

EDIT: Perez is conscious and talking, not sure what the damage is to him if any, likely concussed.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

REALLY glad Perez is OK,

but gutted that Hamilton could then only get as high as 7th... it really looked throughout qualifying that he could stick it on pole, and frankly I see him as the only real challenger to Vettel atm, I can't see Jenson or Webber being able to stick with him during the race.

EDIT:

@ Goron3... where are you sitting at Silverstone?

Edited by Retro_Link

Interesting result today. I'm glad Perez is ok, I was so worried when they were covering up the area incase they were doing CPR or some shit, jeez it made me worry. Strange him and Rosberg had such similar incidents. Defo expecting some safety cars tomorrow it has to be said, especially now that the HRTs are gonna be racing.

Gutted for Lewis, he had the pace for pole or at least a front row position but oh well, he was just a bit unlucky. Hopefully Jenson can pull a surprise at the front; maybe stop one time less than everyone else? Who knows. Also, Schumacher's lap was fantastic. He is a 42 year old pushing a car to it's limit. Fantastic. Hopefully he can scrape a podium tomorrow :)

And retro, it's a general admission ticket so I can sit where I want I think. I wanna sit at Maggot's and Becket's for Qualifying just so i can see the cars at their fastest taking those turns. Will probs spent Friday morning and the race somewhere near the newer section; hopefully see some overtaking there.

Lewis Hamilton will start 9th since he was adjudged to have cut the chicane thus nullifying his only lap. This is so sitting pretty with Vettel's second championship ambitions. He gets pole and wins most races while his rivals all squabble with each other behind him.