Singapore - 25th September

Japan - 9th October

Korea - 16th October

India - 30th October

Abu Dhabi - 13th November

Brazil - 27th November

Indian Grand Prix

Indian-Formula-One-Grand-Prix-Track.jpg

First car launches should only be a week or so away! I'll try and get some dates together, though a number of cars are gonna debut at the first and second pre-season tests.

Edited by Retro_Link

Gonna have to agree with Will here, if Alonso has a good car he will walk the title. I'm not sure what to expect of Mclaren, they have shown a history of being there or thereabouts over the last few years, but if they are close to the front Lewis will be in with a shout.

Fuck Vettel.

I'm REALLY hoping Mercedes deliver this year! If they've got a good car I'm sure we'll see Michael back on the podium where he belongs. Pirelli have said they are bringing a stronger front tyre to the cars this year which will suit him (and Massa actually) so I expect to see him showing his Monaco/Spain/Spa/Suzuka pace more often. An 8th WDC? Possibly. You can never write him off.

Would be great if Kubica got a couple of wins too, I was proper impressed with Renault last year with their rate of development and they were close to the front most of the season (with Kubica doing very well at the 'drivers' tracks). Would also be great to see Lotus (like, the OTHER lotus) team get further up the field and battle with Toro Rosso.

One thing I am slightly weary of is this whole 'movable rear wing' thing. If a driver has the ENTIRE straight to use it he will just sail past another driver. If however, they have the final few hundred metres to overtake it'll make it pretty interesting (negating the effect of having followed the lead car through fast corners). As long as it gives an opportunity to overtake I'll be happy with it; if it's too easy then fuck it.

If you've put Renault as Lotus Renault, then technically you should at least put Team Lotus, Sauber F1 and probably Marussia Virgin Racing :p

The rear wing is only turned on when the driver is within a certain designated distance of the driver in front yes?!

I'm hoping Rosberg has a good run this year, would like to see him show what he's made of fighting for wins.

Yeah Alonso is in with a great shout!

I don't expect Webber to be able to keep up this year tbh, same with Button.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm actually going into a season somewhat backing Lewis! He's been somewhat a completely different character this last year and a half and very fun to watch!

If you've put Renault as Lotus Renault, then technically you should at least put Team Lotus, Sauber F1 and probably Marussia Virgin Racing :p
Renault are now Lotus... they've just kept Renault in the official name. I didn't do it in terms of them being the engine supplier. Edited by Retro_Link

The rear wing is only turned on when the driver is within a certain designated distance of the driver in front yes?!

I'm hoping Rosberg has a good run this year, would like to see him show what he's made of fighting for wins.

Yeah Alonso is in with a great shout!

I don't expect Webber to be able to keep up this year tbh, same with Button.

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm actually going into a season somewhat backing Lewis! He's been somewhat a completely different character this last year and a half and very fun to watch!

Within a second of the car infront on a specified part of the track (so take Montreal, it'll probably be back straight after the hairpin).

Within a second of the car infront on a specified part of the track (so take Montreal, it'll probably be back straight after the hairpin).
Right yeah.

I think quite a few people are worried about it, team bosses etc... many not sure they fully understand the effect it will have on races and that they've got it right on their car... hoping that it doesn't lead to artificial racing!

All we can do is wait and see!

Hopefully we might see an instant effect, what with Bahrain being such a prosessional non-event last year! But yeah, I just hope the drivers are still doing some of the work! hmm...

Want Hamilton or Vettel to win it. Who do I think will win it? Looking at how close it was last season, I can't call it. :heh:

Announced Car Launches:

January 28th

Ferrari F11

January 31st

Sauber C30

Lotus Renault R31

Team Lotus

February 1st

Williams FW33

Mercedes MGP W02

Red Bull RB7

Toro Rosso

February 4th

McLaren MP4-24

February 7th

Virgin

Edited by Retro_Link

Driver News

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89078

Di Resta confirmed at Force India

Paul di Resta will join Adrian Sutil at the Force India team for the 2011 season, the Silverstone-based squad finally confirmed on Wednesday.

Di Resta, this year's DTM champion, was Force India's third driver during the 2010 season and has been linked with the racing seat for months.

"Last year I became third driver here and good things happened, so here's hoping we get more good things," said di Resta during a news conference at the Whyte and Mackay offices in Glasgow.

The Scot will make his F1 racing debut at the Bahrain Grand Prix on 13 March.

Former Williams driver Nico Hulkenberg will be the team's reserve driver after being unable to find a racing seat for the upcoming season.

"I'm happy to be in an F1 team and Force India have shown some good progress for a young team," the German said.

Today's announcement means Italian Tonio Liuzzi is leaving the team, despite having a contract for this year.

Really looking forward to watching him race in F1, great to have another Brit on the grid and someone who'd I'd imagine will be a refreshing character, i.e. no ego!

Just one race seat left at Hispania now! Though ever driver out there will have probably had a go in it by the end of the season!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah it would have been great for him to stay on at Williams if he could have, but other than that he didn't really have much choice.

This years Silly Season is surely gonna be one of the best ever! :p

Looks like we finally have a new inheritant for the "Flying Scotsman" moniker. Good lot of rookies running around this year. Can't wait to see which ones develop.

From James Allen

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/01/top-three-finish-in-2011-locks-vettel-into-red-bull-contract/

Top three finish in 2011 locks Vettel into Red Bull contract

There is an interesting little item in Speedweek, the Red Bull owned magazine, in which certain details of the contract arrangement with world champion Sebastian Vettel are explained, most notably that if he finishes in the top three in the 2011 world championship and scores a certain amount of points, he is tied to Red Bull Racing for the 2012 season.

This is confirmed in the article by RBR special adviser Dr Helmut Marko, “We will not let any top driver go,” he says.

Anyway, Schumacher.

You heard me.

I think Michael has a great chance this season. People seem to think he was appalling last season; he matched Rosberg in Spa and Suzuka without a F-duct, and at Brazil he let him go by. There were other races where he only fell behind Rosberg because of strategy to get Rosberg ahead and closer to massa and kubica. Massa was worse than Michael was last season.

We'll know in Australia how Michael can perform this season; much more demanding and flowing than Bahrain. He can do it though, he's Schumacher after all :)

Great to see Di Resta get a race seat!! Loved him when he popped into the 5live commentary box, he's very likable and was faster than Vettel when they raced in the past and matched Lewis.

Interesting that BOTH red bull drivers don't have contracts for next year (unless Vettel gets 3rd or above). I'm calling it now; Kimi and Vettel there for next season, and if not Kimi maybe someone like Kubica/Massa, with the other remaining one at Ferrari.

Expect different cars by Bahrain, but here we go!!

First of the 2011 cars...

The Ferrari F150!! *cough* seriously, is that not the car they unveiled last year?

1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

5a.jpg

6a.jpg

7a.jpg

High nose again,

I like the Italian flag on the back.

A bit boring if I'm being honest, but hey!

No Shark Fins on cars this year!!!

Edited by Retro_Link

that Italian flag on the spoiler is pretty neat actually.

Can't really make out anything regarding the moveable rear wing? I mean I assume that It would be something to do with the rear spoiler.

I suppose unless you had a really rubbish car last season no one's likely to radically overhaul the design, though the nose on the F150 seems to be somewhat higher then last year's. Anyway, here's a video of it spinning slowly around on a turntable like a piece of walnut cake.

Current car launches are pretty dissapointing tbh. Now that the rules are SO defined the radical developments are those that we can't see... like all Red Bulls stuf last year. They were much more exciting when there was no defined release date and cars would come along mid season.

McLaren seem to be the only team that really tries to innovate/try something different anymore, so I'll always look forward to their launch.

I have a good feeling about Lotus-Renault/Williams/Force India this year though... mind you that's probbaly something said at the start of every season, and I hope for good things from Williams every year :p ... Be so nice to see them winning again!

I hope Lotus-R deliver the goods this year, Kubica's long overdue for a vehicle that will let him show his talent.

A number of new cars today!

Sauber C30

sauberc302011.jpg

sauber2.jpg

sauber3.jpg

saubero.jpg

Pretty uninspired livery! What's happened to the Blue Sauber livery of the early 2000's, back when they had Reb Bull sponsorship.

BMW are no longer involved, so they could have used this for a complete team redesign.

Lotus Renault R31

renaultr312011.jpg

1296474408.jpg

renaultnew.jpg

^ lol at that picture making Kubica's nose look even bigger! :D

and 6 Drivers! :o

Kubica, Petrov, Senna, Grosjean, Charouz and Tung!

Massive side-pod inlets,

Design wise it looks pretty nice, livery is a bit better than I expected, but as someone pointed out on Autosport, it's certainly not a patch on the original style...

john20player20special.jpg

Team Lotus T128

lotust1282.jpg

lotus2011.jpg

Copies Mercedes style airbox from last year.

Liking the livery... to me it looks more Lotus Renault, than Lotus Renault! :p

Edited by Retro_Link

I like the Saubre especially, a really slinky looking minx. But they do need to re-examine that colour scheme. Looks like my pin board.

Also yet another wide nose on the Lotus-Renault. Someone there really, really likes big noses. Maybe they're trying to make Kubica feel less conspicuous? :heh:

Pretty uninspired livery! What's happened to the Blue Sauber livery of the early 2000's, back when they had Reb Bull sponsorship.

BMW are no longer involved, so they could have used this for a complete team redesign.

I guess Red Bull having their own team played a part :heh:

I actually quite like it, reminds me of the original plain Sauber cars. Seems like they at least have more sponsors than last year so things should hopefully be looking good for them.

I like the look of the Renault, though I hope they get stopped from using the sponsor name or else do crap next year.

The Lotus looks good, hopefully they can move up the grid a little next year, be nice to see them do battle with some of the more established teams.

When does the testing start? Really looking forward to seeing how the teams compare against each other on the track.

Also this is apparently the new Mercedes. Looks pretty nice from that angle.

auto.jpg

First test is tomorrow. Mercedes looks like some brand of toothpaste. Or possibly toilet cleanser.

Edited by gaggle64