NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Delayed until November. :(

Due to ongoing technical difficulties, Rodea the Sky Soldier is arriving in Europe with a new release date of 13th November for Nintendo Wii U™ and Nintendo 3DS™. In order to give players the best experience possible, all flights to the floating kingdom of Garuda have been delayed.

Can't imagine that's gonna be a great release date for them, what with what they're gonna be up against on other platforms...

Must've been something real bad to warrant it.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/rodea-the-sky-soldier-limited-edition-wii-u/11156721.html

Pre-orderable on Nintendo UK :)

£59.99 gets you Rodea The Sky Soldier game for Wii U, a hardcover official artbook, jewel case soundtrack and the exclusive Key of Time pendant!

As a special bonus, launch copies of the Wii U version of Rodea The Sky Soldier will also come packaged with the previously unreleased Wii version of the game! The Wii version will be exclusive to the retail version of the game and will only be available for the first printing.

Or 3DS: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/rodea-the-sky-soldier-limited-edition-nintendo-3ds/11156662.html

£49.99

Too bad that they only added it months after I already bought it on NiSA's store (I thought that the Wii game was gonna end up being exclusive to them)

Maybe next time :p

Yeah, that's pretty annoying as I would have preferred just to order it from the Nintendo store. I guessing it wasn't selling and they got desperate. They send out weekly email updates and the stock remaining hasn't budged in months.

I preordered from their own store and have just cancelled it and ordered from the Nintendo store as it's a fiver cheaper. Free postage!

I know that may seem petty, but charging for postage is annoying when so many places do that for free.

I preordered from their own store and have just cancelled it and ordered from the Nintendo store as it's a fiver cheaper. Free postage!

I know that may seem petty, but charging for postage is annoying when so many places do that for free.

Thanks for this. I checked this morning and seen it had sold out. Must have gotten some more stock in.

My game shipped yesterday afternoon from Nintendo UK store. Probably here tomorrow or Friday given that they use Royal Mail now.

Not sure which version to play first. Do I play the better version, which is the Wii one, or play the Wii U one so that I appreciate the Wii one more?

I don't know what to do, I totally forgot about this until I got an email saying my pre-order has been cancelled (changed my card a few months ago and forgot to update on the Nintendo site)

I'm wondering if it's worth the money now. I feel as though I should as I love Yuji Naka and PROPE and was so eager for this back in 2011 but now... I'm burnt out on games (patty games aside) so feel as though I'd be wasting money.

Then again I LOVE NiGHTS on the Wii and I don't care for the Wii U version of Rodea so if I'm to get Wii Rodea I'd have to get it fairly close to release. Damn, I just don't know. GAME have just the game (with the Wii version) for £40 so I might get that without the art book and stuff.

I wish we could just buy the Wii version off the eShop, for goodness sake. The hoops we jump through to be Nintendo fans, honestly, I could be a trained dolphin by now.

Has anyone's copy from NISA's store shipped yet?

I know that rightfully if it's gonna be delivered on launch day that it should be shipped out tomorrow, but I'm getting antsy...

I've never ordered from there before and I get that sinking feeling that they're not gonna get it to me by Friday...

I don't know what to do, I totally forgot about this until I got an email saying my pre-order has been cancelled (changed my card a few months ago and forgot to update on the Nintendo site)

I'm wondering if it's worth the money now. I feel as though I should as I love Yuji Naka and PROPE and was so eager for this back in 2011 but now... I'm burnt out on games (patty games aside) so feel as though I'd be wasting money.

Then again I LOVE NiGHTS on the Wii and I don't care for the Wii U version of Rodea so if I'm to get Wii Rodea I'd have to get it fairly close to release. Damn, I just don't know. GAME have just the game (with the Wii version) for £40 so I might get that without the art book and stuff.

I wish we could just buy the Wii version off the eShop, for goodness sake. The hoops we jump through to be Nintendo fans, honestly, I could be a trained dolphin by now.

Agreed. It's bloody annoying that I can't just get the Wii game off the eShop and I have been voicing my demand to NISA on Twitter about it...

I get that they obviously want to encourage people to buy it along with the Wii U game at full price, but hopefully they'll eventually get the message and put the Wii game up for sale on the eShop alone at some point.

Edited by Dcubed

Has anyone's copy from NISA's store shipped yet?

Mine was shipped yesterday. On the other hand, EU-shipping takes longer, so maybe they just send those first.

I pre-ordered ages ago, was e-mailed to say they couldn't charge my credit card - limit nearly reached as expensive month! - I thought I'd amended it but they didn't charge for it today so I cancelled the whole thing and paid on my bank card to get things rolling again, hopefully they will ship it tomorrow. :indeed:

The designer of the game suggests playing the Wii version. The Wii U version is an upgraded version of the downgraded 3DS version.

I got shipping confirmation from the NISA store today. Tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow.

It has arrived! :yay:

I guess that's your evening sorted then Hero? :D

I guess that's your evening sorted then Hero? :D

Nah. Just chilling out and watching a bit TV tonight. Possibly start it tomorrow, unless there is a cheeky game released on the eShop straight after the Direct.

Nah. Just chilling out and watching a bit TV tonight. Possibly start it tomorrow, unless there is a cheeky game released on the eShop straight after the Direct.

Fair enough. : peace:

I'm just catching up with some VC games tonight, going to keep my Wii U and 3DS on just in case a megaton digital release is announced. :D

It's crazy though, already loads of games to play then Rodea will arrive and I'll want to play it but so many titles, it's the same every November... not that I'm complaining. ;)

Rodea will definitely be prioritised especially as I have a bit of time off work at the moment, it has been a long wait for this one and I do have a particularly soft spot for anything Yuji Naka or Sega related. :hehe:

Anyone else playing this? I'm playing the Wii game. 2 Chapters in and I'm really enjoying it! :D

The camera can be a bit finicky, but the controls are really solid, the levels are well paced and the game is pretty fast paced as a whole. Good stuff! Swinging the Wii Remote to arc up, down, left and right when flying is really very satisfying!

The mission structure reminds me a lot of Sonic Adventure 2. It has a similar ranking system in place as well.

Haven't touched the Wii U game yet, but the Wii original seems really very good and in many ways feels like a long lost Dreamcast game!

I have to say that the ground controls are a bit on the awkward side, but you don't really spend much time on the ground anyway, so I suppose it's only there for the sake of making minor adjustments.

I wish this game came out earlier in the Wii's lifetime. It makes great use of the remote and really is an action game like no other; I reckon it would've made a pretty big splash if it were released during the console's heyday :(

Edit: Ok, I've tried out the first two chapters of the Wii U game as well now and... wow! It is COMPLETELY different!

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

It really is a totally different game! It's even more different than I thought it would be! Level design, pacing, controls, even dialogue and story in some places! Everything is totally different! The reviews online are NOT representative of Yuji Naka's original work with the original Wii game AT ALL! :mad:

I'm currently uploading high quality 60FPS footage of the first two chapters of the Wii game to Youtube right now (it'll probably take some time to finish though, since it's like a 9GB file)

I am also going to be reviewing the Wii game as it should be; as its own completely individual and separate game!

Someone needs to do right by Yuji Naka here! It really needs a proper release on the eShop! It's not right that it's just not being made available!!

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah, the Wii U version is the same as the 3DS version.

Yeah, I know that, but I think people are really underestimating how different they are from the Wii original.

I was expecting it to be different, but even I'm surprised as to just how different they are! They're nothing alike in terms of the gameplay experience at all!

The Wii game is a fast paced action game with fluid and highly responsive controls and level design to match. The Wii U/3DS game is very slow and meandering and really a much slower paced experience that has you exploring the large environment and looking for materials to upgrade Rodea. It's really surreal seeing the same concept tackled in two completely different ways, with two very different design philosophies behind them.

Edit: My footage is now up on Youtube.

Enjoy! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

Up to Chapter 17 now and I'm still really enjoying it. It's not perfect mind you, the environments do feel a bit bland and it could do with more enemy/gameplay gimmick/mission variety as it can feel a bit repetitive at times, but regardless I'm still having a good time with it :) The core gameplay really is very satisfying and genuinely unique, even if the game could do with some bounding box sensitivity settings for the camera as it can be a bit sluggish sometimes...

Bit of a cruel joke with it coming out now though. It's really the kind of game I wanted to see from 3rd parties on Wii back during the console's heyday and of course we would finally get one well after the console is dead and buried :(

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this