NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Well Nintendo were rumoured to have 3 more exclusive 3rd party Wii U games (in addition to Devil's Third) upcoming so...

Well Nintendo were rumoured to have 3 more exclusive 3rd party Wii U games (in addition to Devil's Third) upcoming so...

Good point!

I would love one of them to be this.

It's ALIVE! :yay:

Apparently it's in this weeks Famitsu and will be released on the Wii U and 3DS this Spring in Japan.

It's ALIVE! :yay:

Apparently it's in this weeks Famitsu and will be released on the Wii U and 3DS this Spring in Japan.

HOLY SHIT!! NO WAY!!!

I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!!! I bet that Nintendo stepped in and saved it! I bet you guys ANY money right fucking now that that's EXACTLY what happened! Just like with Bayo 2 and Devil's Third!!

That also means that there's 2 more Wii U exclusive 3rd party games coming, going by that old rumour...

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!! :D I just hope that the original Wiimote control scheme is still in there, since that was what Yuji Naka originally wanted - as the control scheme that the game was originally designed around! :D

#TeamDcubed :D

SteetsAhead from Gaf has posted some info about the game.

Some notes:

-The Japanese name has changed from Tenku-no-kishi Rodea (天空の機士ロデア) to Rodea The Sky Soldier (ロデア・ザ・スカイソルジャー). Meaning in English is the same, they've just gone with a katakana title.

-3DS version is 5,800 yen (pre-tax), and Wii U is 7,200 yen (pre tax).

-First print of the Wii U version will apparently come with the bonus of the Wii version (but none of the blogs I've checked seem to know exactly what this means).

-Bosses are huge, many hundreds times the size of Rodea himself.

-The three characters here are all pictured/mentioned.

-Probably already known from way back, but the produce is Yoshimi Yasuda and the director appears to be Jin Hasegawa.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Bit weird that they say that they have no plans when they were keen on publishing it before...

Makes you think that it might already have a western publisher lined up before Xseed got a chance... ;)

I really wanted to like this, but my word that looks rough! No attempt whatsoever to improve it from the Wii build. I suppose it might be a better proposition on the 3DS... :(

Why do I get the feeling that the Wii U version is a port of the 3DS one and not the original Wii game...

That cursor in that trailer doesn't look pointer controlled...

This was in the Japanese direct.

Still looks quite rough though.

I think there is a lot of potential for a full 3D flying/platforming game, just hope they can pull it off.

Aaaannnddd confirmed! :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995753

http://nisamerica.com/games/rodea-the-sky-soldier/

Nis America are bringing it over for the US and EU! Autumn this year! :bouncy:

Both Wii U and 3DS versions are coming, physical and digital! (Wii version might be coming too http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39669/rodea-the-sky-soldier-coming-to-north-america-europe-on-wii-u-3ds )

I really hope the original Wii game makes it over too... That's the one that I'm really interested in... (The original Wii game is a NiGHTS style arcadey action game - while the 3DS version, which the Wii U one looks to be a port of, is more of an RPG style adventure with upgradable abilities, less focus on action and more on exploration. The original Wii game is pointer controlled, while the 3DS and Wii U games seem to use traditional button controls only)

I can see them releasing it digital only via the eShop, now that we have digital Wii games. That would be good enough for me!

Edited by Dcubed

I honestly thought this was dead.

Gameplay footage does remind me a whole lot of NiGHTs. Hoping this is good, it's something i've been interested in since it as announced.

At last! Some proper gameplay footage of the Wii U game!

Looks fun! (even though the guys playing were pretty crap at it :p ) Kinda Zelda esc in quite a few ways.

But of course it's still not the one I really want... The original Wii game is still my heart's true desire...

@Dcubed what are the differences between the Wii version and the Wii U version?

Will the Wii U version have all the gameplay of the Wii version just with different controls and more of a story?

The footage looks interesting even if it's impossible to get a real 'feel' for how the game will really play due to it being not very well demonstrated :heh: it looks to me like a cross between NiGHTS, Burning Rangers and something else but I can't quite place it.

Also the mechanics remind me vaguely of Gravity Rush in a rather loose manner.

Looking forward to it in any case. : peace:

@Dcubed what are the differences between the Wii version and the Wii U version?

Will the Wii U version have all the gameplay of the Wii version just with different controls and more of a story?

The footage looks interesting even if it's impossible to get a real 'feel' for how the game will really play due to it being not very well demonstrated :heh: it looks to me like a cross between NiGHTS, Burning Rangers and something else but I can't quite place it.

Also the mechanics remind me vaguely of Gravity Rush in a rather loose manner.

Looking forward to it in any case. : peace:

The Wii and Wii U versions of Rodea are completely different games. The former is a NiGHTS Into Dreams style action game, while the latter is more of a freeroaming action adventure game; with more focus on slower paced exploration and less on score attack style action gameplay (likewise, both games have wildly different control schemes as well - The Wii game uses pointer controls, while the Wii U/3DS game is controlled via buttons/sticks).

I suppose it's a bit like Panzer Dragoon VS Panzer Dragoon Saga in a certain sense.

Fantastic news!

Santa Ana, Calif. (March 4, 2015) – NIS America is thrilled to announce that first print copies of the Wii U version of Rodea the Sky Soldier will also come packaged with the Wii version of the game! The Wii version will be exclusive to the retail version of the game and available for the first printing. This is currently planned for both North America and Europe. Players will be delighted to experience creator Yuji Naka’s original vision for Rodea!

stephen-colbert-report-excited.gif

YYYEEESSS!!!! :bouncy:

Why no digital version though? Makes no sense to me to not put the Wii game out digitally as well...

Either way. My order for the Japanese version can suck on this...

SlimyBlackIndianelephant.gif

:D

Edited by Dcubed

Fantastic news!

That's AWESOME. I haven't bothered pre-ordering anything for years but I will definitely per-order this.

Awesome anywhere taking pre orders ?

ShopTo...

There's no mention of the Wii game being included currently but it's a given, I've pre-ordered there anyway. : peace:

The Wii version comes as an added bonus! I'll defo get this, you should change the tag on the forum thread to say it's now confirmed for a Wii U release! Looks a bit like Sin and Punishment to me, which can only be a good thing.

Rodea: The Sky Soldier footage (Part 1)

Rodea: The Sky Soldier footage (Part 2)

Sign in to follow this