NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shaze_Nab

Blue light Project

OK, this is a topic I created over at the Moz La Punk forums. Personally I want as many sites to join, and since I've been a reader/ poster on the main site and (less so) on the forum, I thought I'd tell you guys.

I copied and pasted this---------------------------------------------------

Ok, me, Sage and Master were talking about starting a fanbased viral marketing site, which will proberbly be called vivalarevolution.tk or something. Anyway if you want to join us, just say...

What the Hell!?

Ok, some of you are proberbly wondering what the hell I'm going on about, well let me explian...

After the unvaling of the controller I realised that Nintendo's dream of expanding the games market will not work, unless we as the nintendo hardcore tell our friends and family. I mean there are millions of nintendo fans, but we close ourselves off... We don't help nintendo we hinder them, we give nintendo there nerdy image.

So now I think it's time we helped nintendo. We have played their games and enjoyed them, and I think we want to play with our gf, perants, grandperants... Everyone. So now is the time we help nintendo.

How will we do it?

Well this is the problem. This has never been done before, it is totally unique and if cone right can be one of the biggest things to hit the internet. I've already thought about creating posters with simple frases like 'Viva la revolution' and 'Join the Revolution', which could be put up in our local schools, streets and work places. But since the fans are making this, I think we should think of our own ideas and go with it.

Also telling your friends about the controller would help a great deal, but I've found there is a certian way to go about it...

Telling people about the revo

So here is what I usually do... And it seems to work;

- Explian how the controller works in person

- Show them the video

- Direct them to the articles

- In no circamstances do you show the pics first. People jump to conclusions, but we don't want them to do that. The articles and video will create a more informed conclusion than a picture.

What I want from you

Your ideas, your support, your skills. If you can make a poster, or a site or anything else tell us, so we can help nintendo.

Thanks for reading,

Shaze_Nab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can understand if you think this is stupid and you want to lock it, but I thought this carrys on with the revolutionary theme of nintendo's console... And it's a bit of fun. Thanks for your time, and if your intersted please say.

great idea for posters. but i have no clue how to make em :weep:

Doesn't matter, all that matters is that you help out. There is website planned, where people will be able to download posters etc.

I've been reluctant to post a link to the moz la punk forums, as I think that is advertising, but to make things clear I think I must;

Mox La Punk Forum

isnt this advertising? coz that is illegal Lol

Well, I'm not trying to advertise a site. This is something that I want to spread across the internet and of it. Besides this will not be related to any one existing site, but will require this forum and others to co-operate.

More than happy to help out. Will get started on a poster and may be able to help you with the site itself if you need help with it.

Drop me a line,

[email protected]

Thanks for your help. I will stop posting now, because I don't want to spam this great forum.

I agree with this, not in a fanboy fashion, but in the sense that I want people to try good and new things out. I've already shown it to my family and my mother wants one. I also talked a lot about videogames with a relative of mine and showed her the Revo video, she was really surprised to see it and was eager to try it out. Notice that she never touched a videogame in her life. I suppose having Revolution sigs and avatars on other forums and on MSN helps the cause too.

no problemo, just the mods will take anything for advertising.

No we/they don't. :heh:

Although if you gave a link directly to your site, and more or less "plugged" your site, then that would be considered advertising.

It's a great idea and I think you should try and spread the message (will someone give me a Halleluiah :bow: :wink: ) but I myself couldn't make a poster, don't have enough ink to print multiple copies and then go around putting them up. :hmm:

That my friend, is what school printers were invented for. Leeching. :P

lol. I'll be able to print A3 posters on works printer. though obviously I can't print too many A3 posters, because my boss would (probably) get suspicious if all the A3 goes missing.

A4 would be workable though.

this is a cool idea, don't think this is illegal but then what do i know?

think if you can get a site up and running the cogs in this machine can start turning

I refuse to take part in this. I do not own any knid of loyalty to any company in the world, and therefore I will not attempt to force my opinions of the console onto as many people as possible. If the subject of the controller comes up in a conversation, then I will tell them all, even the fact that it looks like a remote controll.

this is a cool idea, don't think this is illegal but then what do i know?

think if you can get a site up and running the cogs in this machine can start turning

Yep, were working on this sit at this current time. If you want to help with the construction just say.

Goonface, I understand what your saying and it's a valid point. But the main reason I'm doing this is because I've found that nintendo fans don't do that great a deal to help nintendo, they hinder them... The main reason Sony were succesful was because it's not seen as a group, it's seen as a system, where as nintendo seems like a rather nerdy club.

But, whatever... It's only a bit of fun. I mean it's fun for me... Besides you don't see MS and Sony fans coming up with this kind of stuff.

Isn't it meant to look like a tv remote?

Well said Fierce.. Nintendo intended it to look that way for a reason.. its accessible to every one

So creating posters to advertise a Nintendo product ins't geeky. Also, MS and Sony fans probably aren't doing this because, well, its a bit sad.

Well said Fierce.. Nintendo intended it to look that way for a reason.. its acssesible to every one

Exactly, that was the main diea behind it :smile:)

Anyway, i think the idea is strange. It seems like it's an important thing for you to do, and you think it'll help gain awareness. So, pretty cool. Altho, i think it's going to far just a little bit. :wink:

So creating posters to advertise a Nintendo product ins't geeky. Also, MS and Sony fans probably aren't doing this because, well, its a bit sad.

I'm doing this so I can play with the very people who think it's sad. I'm not too concerned about my image, I just want to play with everyone! Is that a crime? Not really, I think designing posters (from an artistic stand point) is pretty fun. Like I say I understand why people would see it as sad... But I see it as creativity, I mean all your going to do is spend times on the internet or gaming anyway... So why not do this?

actually thinking about it isn't it a bit degrading to think that Nintendo can't think up of their own markiting ploys that their loyal fans or people who enjoy their games have to 'help' them and advertise for them?

actually thinking about it isn't it a bit degrading to think that Nintendo can't think up of their own markiting ploys that their loyal fans or people who enjoy their games have to 'help' them and advertise for them?

Well, isn't it a bit too early to start marketing the revolution? I haven't even seen an xbox360 advert yet!

I'm doing this so I can play with the very people who think it's sad. I'm not too concerned about my image, I just want to play with everyone! Is that a crime? Not really, I think designing posters (from an artistic stand point) is pretty fun. Like I say I understand why people would see it as sad... But I see it as creativity, I mean all your going to do is spend times on the internet or gaming anyway... So why not do this?

Fair enough, we all have different ideas of fun. Mine is lazing about and doing nothing :wink:

Sign in to follow this