NEurope
Mundi

Chips/Crisps?

Hi.

Welcomes to our abode.

I'm one of the few peeps from the US, it's like a foreign exchange program....except no one gets anything out of it.

Well except being confused when they talk about stuff like chips on a sandwich and slang words.

Hi.

Well except being confused when they talk about stuff like chips on a sandwich and slang words.

You don't have chip butties in Iceland?!

Careful he's used some form of Icelandic magic to confuse the situation, does he mean english chips or Nolan's American chips, which we'd call crisps. :wtf:

IRRELEVANT

Chips Crisps Fries (your chips) don't go on Sandwiches!

{ I once ordered chips with my meal in the US and was given a Hamburger, salad and a packet of crisps.

I loved the feeling.

I said "chips" instead of crisps the other day in the canteen too, in a really typical could-be-in-a-Sandra-Bullock-romantic-comedy-moment-of-jokey-awkwardness with my fave person, who corrected me and made me notice it. }

Was this relevant? No. Let's all deal with it.

IRRELEVANT

Oh yes they do, can't beat a good chip butty.

Hello Marti BTW.

Edited by The Mad Monkey
Automerged Doublepost

IRRELEVANT

Oh they do! They really do...

Oh yes they do, can't beat a good chip butty.

Damn straight! I love them, I think I'll have one tomorrow, lol.

Well then now whenever I place my chips in-between two slices of bread I will feel rebellious. Rebellious and proud.

Well then now whenever I place my chips in-between two slices of bread I will feel rebellious. Rebellious and proud.

Rebellious and proud because half of the population in the UK (if it isn't more) does it too? =P

I don't like Chip butties. I'd prefer to savour each individual chip. And each slice of bread. But then I have a thing about keeping different "parts" of a meal seperate.

Rebellious and proud because half of the population in the UK (if it isn't more) does it too? =P

Probably more. Most UK chip shops sell chip-butties, of which i like.

Because Nolan says it's WRONG :awesome:

You're damn skippy. What I say is to be taken as fact ye rebel.

Crisps (chips to our backwards cross Atlantic cousins) in sandwiches (or sonch's as I've named them) are like Jade Goody and the Muslim faith. They are complete opposites and shouldn't be allowed to mingle, but the results when they do are always amazing.

Now crisps on a burger is even better. They do it at a localish burger place and it's amazing. They're Nachos so I'm not sure it counts, but they are amazing regardless. Add much needed crunch to an otherwise soft food.

Disagree. I remember many a happy lunchbox meal fusion of crisps and sandwich. But it has to be said that crisps in sandwiches really increases the chance of serration to your pallet.

I find I can call tortilla crisps chips perfectly comfortably, but the potato kind are crisps. But I tolerate the different names.

Pants. That difference always eludes me. Most of my childhood was spent laughing at american TV whenever they mistook trousers for pants.

The grass feels like pants though...When was the last time you wore knickers made out of yarn!

Or pants/trousers for that matter.

Goafer, if you want to add crunch to a burger the correct method is nice crisp lettuce and tomato. This also works depending on the type of sandwich (Ham or Turkey, BLT).

I've seen this regularly done by several people here in Dublin. I however am not enticed by it. Depending on the flavour, it's basically like putting salt and vinegar on bread. I am also not a big fan of chips in general, I'll eat them if they are there but I never actively seek them. I think the combination of one carbohydrate with low levels of taste with another is strange. I much prefer putting things full of flavour on my bread, like cheese and tomatoes, or jam.

Honestly thought this was about:

9905_05_31---Chips-with-salt-and-vinegar_web.jpg?&k=Chips+with+salt+and+vinegar

I used to put crisps in my sandwiches but I don't think I'd appreciate it as much now.

IRRELEVANT

WHAT!

The Amount of shit your country eats! Such as "corn dogs" and "sloppy joes" yet you won't put some beautiful golden brown chips in some sweet fluffy white bread?

Beyond me, dats all am sayin'.

I put neither crisps nor chips nor CHiPs in my sandwiches. Just as it should be.

you won't put some beautiful golden brown chips in some sweet fluffy white bread?

The thin and tacky thing they call "fries" lack the soft potato-ey inside and crisp golden texture of our lovely, thick chips. Their ones don't really suit going inside two slices of buttered bread.