NEurope
dazzybee

Me new (old) theatre production and more...

Hi guys. Sorry about this shameless plug, but... well there is no but :)

A couple of years ago i had a mini UK tour of a play I wrote called Laminated - and some lovely people from here came to see it - JaySeven, Nightwolf, Shorty and Nami (who I was lucky enough to have a (too) quick drink with afterward) and also Sprout (who I didn't get to see).

Anyways, I was lucky enough for the Arts Council to give us some money to re-devlop the script (which I wasn't happy with) and we've been even more lucky with getting a 3 week run in London (Covent Garden) of the new show. Which is great news for us. Anyways, I guess I'm having a bit of a whore as it would obviously great if any if you were interested in coming to see it. And if you do, tell me when and if I'm there (I'm not all the time) then would be great to chat afterward. It's running for 3 weeks in february! I'm mid rehearsals now and going utterly insane...

Here are the details (if you quote BEAR) you got money off too.

http://www.tristanbatestheatre.co.uk/Production_Details_Laminated.asp

As a continued update of me. It's looking to be a good year. My short film SCENT has made it to the final voting round for the BAFTAS which is announced on Tuesday (doubtful but exciting nonetheless) and we've received development from the Film Council (soon to be BFI) for my first feature film, ready to shoot in the autumn.

Oh, and I've written a musical book that's coming out for the iPhone and iPad (and others later) in a couple of week so if people are interested then would be greta if you'd download it.

I hope this doesn't come across as a big advert. I guess it is. But all this stuff means a lot and I guess we're always looking for as much support as possible because it's hard to get bums on seats.

Thanks!

Well I'm over in London during that time and Ashley and I were looking for a date...

I'm very jealous of your continued success.

I'm not near London, but I hope some of the people who are check out your play. Best of luck. :)

Wow, that's excellent stuff Dazzy! Me and my girly are going to London mid-feb to see Vernon God Little at the Young Vic. I think she'd love to see Laminated (plus it'd be hilar to see the same show with two different girlies :P She's going to read this and thump me one, I'm sure...) but yeah, we may try and see if we can see both that and your show!

Do it! As we have the 3 week residency, it means that we don't have to pack everything away this time, so be good to go for a proper beer!

Your creativity makes me smile:)

Would love to meet you and see the play, but am currently broke, and ultra lazy, AND a mental mess....

AND I live in The Netherlands :laughing: