NEurope
Guy

Comic

So, last year I thought it might be cool to try and draw a blog comic about my life. The aim was to do one every day and I failed spectacularly.

This year I'm trying again. I'm currently filling in gaps between the 1st January 2011 and the most current comic for yesterday, a few a day until I'm all totally caught up to carry on as usual. I think it's unrealistic to expect I will manage one every day, but I'm going to try and do more than last year. That's the 2011 goal.

There are now around 150 comics on the site and I'm sure at least one of you will find some value in them. Most are truly terrible but there are the odd few I'm immensely proud of. Oh and yes, the art is supposed to be that bad.

I don't ever expect to be able to monetise it like other real webcomics, it's just a bit of fun to keep me doodling.

You can check the site and comic out if you fancy a look. I'd appreciate any feedback or comments any of you have. Preferably not about my web design skills, which exist in no capacity.

Thanks.

Edited by Guy
Removing PI

I agree that being Guy Hodge should be a crime.

Also, your art isn't nearly is bad as you make it out to be. It's actually pretty good when you can be bothered!

I can't tell what you mean - that you've randomly inserted new comics? Either way, clearly I have to go through all of these again.

:)

I can't tell what you mean - that you've randomly inserted new comics? Either way, clearly I have to go through all of these again.

:)

Sorry, edited to better explain it now. I should stop posting from guyPhone. Way too many mistakes.

This strip is my favorite of the ones I've read, for no logical reason.

As for criticism, I do think you have a tendency to get a bit too wordy at times. Like in this comic or this one.

This sometimes extend to the punchline. Telling us what a rickroll is just takes away from the joke. Also, I liked this comic, but I would have loved it if you'd left out the last panel. I think that would have left the joke wonderfully understated (maybe even leave out the "note my/his shirt"). No need to overexplain things.

I don't know, maybe this all sounds very mean, but that's okay, because apparently you have no soul.

No, no, I agree with all of those comments. Way too wordy at times, but that's something I'm working on as I go along. Having faith in people to get the joke is a good point too. I can look back at 90% of them and pick out stuff I would change if I did it now.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but there's very little quality control in a LOT of those strips.

They're both pasty and unkempt nerds?

Edited by Magnus

Not entirely sure how I've only just seen this but yeah. Awesome bro!

Your drawing is really good, especially in colour

2010-10-29.png

Looks sweet. Illustrator or photoshop? The website itself actually seems very well made as well. GOOD EFFORT.

It's all Photoshop and rage lines working together in disastrous harmony.

Thank you very much for your kind words.

2011-01-10.png

Not read through them all yet but I will, great stuff!

Haha, yes! That's incredible.

Hey guy, this is pretty good stuff. (I really need to come on to the creative board more often. :heh: )