NEurope
Daft

Battle: Los Angeles

It was so boring. I could forgive it for being dumb but no, it was just utterly boring.

I love how everybody has been looking forward to seeing this and they come back saying it's the crappiest movie of 2011. Honestly, no joke, I saw the trailer and instantly told my mate that the movie would be all CGI and nothing else and he basically told me I was right with added unnecessary shouting. I haven't seen it yet but from what I saw, it looks like the type of movie you'd make fun of because it's bad, however I'll keep a clear mind and watch tomorrow or Thursday.

Also Daft, Season of the Witch was God awful, don't say things you'll regret because there's no going back! pmsl.

Edited by Animal

It's not all CGI. It's just rubbish. It's long. The dialogue is abysmal, not even corny "that's kind of funny" abysmal, properly dire. The pacing is all over the place. The characters are dimensionless. The editing was also piss poor. There's one point where it's night time and they enter a tunnel, the come out and it's freaking midday.

I can't stress how boring it was.

I laughed at Season of the Witch. I was bored by Battle: LA.

I saw it last night and was equally unimpressed. It definitely drags on far too long for what is essentially a very poor independence day clone. The girl I went with slept on my shoulder for most of the second half which is never a good sign. I definitely wouldn't pay good money to see it again.

I'm watching it today, I'll go in with a clear mind and not expect anything. I'll tell you how I got on later.

I'd say so. At least 2012 was sensationally dumb. This is like a wet fart that goes on too long.

I'd say so. At least 2012 was sensationally dumb. This is like a wet fart that goes on too long.

Past the point of it still being kinda' fun?

Okay Daft, I'll let you have that one! It really is worse than Season of the Witch! It wasn't even funny bad, it was just really bad. Everybody was shouting unneccesarily even in the quiet parts, the characters have nothing to them that make me want to give a shit about any of them, the story is so wafer thin that it's almost invisible and the script has to have an award for Most Cliches Used since Sanctum. The CGI was good though but that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

After fifteen minutes I was bored and the movie just couldn't keep me entertained. I knew stuff was just happening such as explosions and fighting but I just didn't give a shit, I just wanted to walk out. I thought it would be one of those 'make-fun-of-it-because-it's-bad' movies, like the ones you see in Poundland but I didn't think it'd be 'fucking-hell-my-eyes-are-offended' bad. I'd rather pick a selection of Poundland DVD goodness than ever sit through that again! What a waste of my time!

So, I was in a chat last night and someone was leaving to go watch this, I told them not to as I heard it was shit (from you guys), their reply "Well that's probably the same people that thought District 9 was a bad movie". Later they returned and said it was awesome.

They're opinion is invalid.

Don't even. District 9 shits on this from a great great height.

Okay Daft, I'll let you have that one! It really is worse than Season of the Witch! It wasn't even funny bad, it was just really bad. Everybody was shouting unneccesarily even in the quiet parts, the characters have nothing to them that make me want to give a shit about any of them, the story is so wafer thin that it's almost invisible and the script has to have an award for Most Cliches Used since Sanctum. The CGI was good though but that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

After fifteen minutes I was bored and the movie just couldn't keep me entertained. I knew stuff was just happening such as explosions and fighting but I just didn't give a shit, I just wanted to walk out. I thought it would be one of those 'make-fun-of-it-because-it's-bad' movies, like the ones you see in Poundland but I didn't think it'd be 'fucking-hell-my-eyes-are-offended' bad. I'd rather pick a selection of Poundland DVD goodness than ever sit through that again! What a waste of my time!

Haha! I really wanted to like it and before I went in I lowered my expectations after reading the awful reviews (Like I said, everyone seems to hate Skyline and I quite enjoyed it so I thought it might be the same for this). But, nope. Was dire.

Edited by Daft

I watched this last night,

I enjoyed it to be honest. And would watch it again when it's out on DVD.