NEurope
Daft

Battle: Los Angeles

I've found myself quite looking forward to this. Apparently studio execs are very pleased with it and I'm getting a good vibe from it, too. It's meant to be like Black Hawk Down meets aliens in Los Angeles - in my book, awesome.

Battle: LA stars Aaron Eckhart and Michelle Rodriguez and is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman. The plot centers around a platoon in LA, fighting off the invading aliens. The flick hits theaters on March 11th.

There's loads of alien films coming out in 2011 for some reason. IGN had loads on their movies to look forward to article a few weeks ago. Think there's about 6.

Just as long as it's better than Skyline!

Hey, MW2 got a movie!

Except, y'know, with aliens in and shit.

Potential: Set phasers to stun!

Actual: Lol phasers? Dude this is 2011, we only have guns, and guns go bang.

Yeah, I see holes. 7/10

:P

"When you invade a planet for its resources"

... unless they're interested in obese people, I think they may have overshot and got the wrong planet! :p

Does look pretty cool!

Has a very District 9 look/vibe to it, only this time it's war!

Edited by Retro_Link

Lol @ the South African director. Trying to re-create District 9, anyone?

Highly racist, I will disregard the comment.

Looks interesting, but from the title I was expecting less like an alien invasion film and more like Red Dawn.

But I guess something else but aliens invading America is too controversial.

Unless the aliens are commies.

Edited by Mundi

Supposedly the film is shot in a horribly ADD style. Think Bourne Supremacy only a million times worse. I can't see this being great but better than the woeful Skyline I hope.

I don't know why people get so annoyed by handheld camera effects. It's really irrational.

Apparently it gives some people headaches/nausea but they're probably just paying too much attention to it.

I didn't even notice anything unusual about the Bourne Supremacy.

I've only absolutely hated it during Transformers. Made the thing unwatchable, but then what do you expect from a man who calls his technique "fucking the frame". What an utter void of talent he is.

I've only absolutely hated it during Transformers. Made the thing unwatchable, but then what do you expect from a man who calls his technique "fucking the frame". What an utter void of talent he is.

Ditto. Other films have been fine but Transformers was really bad for some reason.

Awful. Everyone avoid. Season of the Witch was a better film.

Wish they dumped this politically correct invasion of the America in favor of the real badass invasion force.

I would like to see a remake of Red Dawn where Iran, N.Korea and rogue Russians (it's always rogue Russians) invade American mid-West, led by the evil zombie colonel Ghadafi.

Charlie Sheen can fight them off with his brain, and Bruce Willis can play Mr. President.

The evil forces will dominate and be near victory, when in the last five minutes, Chuck Norris will appear and high-kick them all into oblivion.

YEAH!

Awful. Everyone avoid. Season of the Witch was a better film.

Is it not even worth watching it to see the Resistance 3 billboard?

128967264598986012.jpg

No, I didn't even see the God damn thing.

Skyline is a better movie than this. Then again, I honestly didn't think Skyline was all that bad. A good B-movie.

A very: "Leave your brain at the door and watch shit explode" kind of film.

I found it watchable but just really really stupid.

It's like a step above Independence Day.

I've just been to see it, I actually quite enjoyed it even though it was ridden with every cliche in the book.

It was kind of like watching a very long cutscene from Gears of War or Halo. I couldn't help but thinking that this could be easily made into a game, albeit a generic FPS.