NEurope
The Peeps

Bulletstorm

Ridiculously OTT but come on, how fun does this game look?

Been waiting so long for this and it's nearly here :grin:

Anyone else want to show the love?

Does a game exist where you can lodge a grenade up a mutant’s ass? No. So the world needs Bulletstorm.

^That's the game's status I saw after 'liking' it on Facebook. I think we're in need of an all out action shooter that doesn't take itself seriously. This had better not disappoint.

Edited by The Peeps

I'm pretty hyped for the game. It has 4 player co-op, which is always a win in my eyes and I will be buying the Epic edition which will give me the Gears 3 beta.

This was easily the most fun game at Eurogamer Expo last year. Hard to say how that will hold up over a longer period, but I'm expecting a lot of people to be pleasantly surprised by this one.

I'm pretty hyped for the game. It has 4 player co-op, which is always a win in my eyes and I will be buying the Epic edition which will give me the Gears 3 beta.

It's a shame that Epic are being extremely unclear on who is offering that version.

It's a shame that Epic are being extremely unclear on who is offering that version.

GAME have the Epic Edition on their website for £45.

GAME have the Epic Edition on their website for £45.

Found this:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=754904

Q: When can we start pre-ordering the "Epic Edition" and "Limited Edition" of Bulletstorm?

A: NOW!

Q: Where can we pre-order the "Epic Edition" and "Limited Edition" of Bulletstorm?

A: Anywhere! All Bulletstorm pre-orders, no matter where you order(ed) from, will be the Epic Edition (Xbox 360) or Limited Edition (PC and PS3)! Retailers will provide these special editions while supplies last.

Q: My retailer doesn't have an "Epic Edition" only the Standard Edition.

A: You'll automatically get the "Epic Edition" or "Limited Edition" when you pre-order the Standard Edition. Again, this is while supplies last. All pre-orders will get the free upgrade.

Q: Does the pre-order program only apply to GameStop and Amazon?

A: The Bulletstorm pre-order program applies to *all* pre-orders in the channel. It is not exclusive to GameStop and Amazon, although these retailers are certainly participants.

Q: What if I ordered my copy of Bulletstorm before the pre-order program was announced?

A:If you pre-ordered Bulletstorm, you will automatically be upgraded to Epic Edition for 360 and Limited Edition for PS3 and PC.

Q: Do I need to cancel my pre-order and order the game again to get the EE/LE?

A: There is no need to cancel your order. All existing pre-orders will get EE/LE. This program is worldwide.

Q: Why am I seeing different prices for the Standard and Epic Editions?

A: Both the Standard and Limited/Epic Editions are available at the same MSRP/RRP (Recommended Retail Price)

Sounds like the entire first batch of copies are the Epic Edition.

I really, really can't get myself excited for this game, despite how gorgeous it look. It might be because I don't like the Gears franchise. I'm hoping for a demo!

Looks immense! Annoying about the Gears 3 beta though, makes the choice between PC and 360 version more difficult. I think I'll wait and see what the co-op/multiplayer is like and who is getting in, rather than pre-order.

As much as I've abandoned my 360 in favor of PC gaming as of late, this just looks like it should be played on a console. And so a console I shall definitely buy it on. It looks ace :D

I think we're in need of an all out action shooter that doesn't take itself seriously. This had better not disappoint.

Ah, I see why Serious Sam doesn't count. ;)

This is one of those games that have about zero chance of showing up on German shelves unless they heavily cut it...

Demo is up on Xbox Live, well Xbox.com. I checked the marketplace and the picture is there but the demo still hasnt shown up. I've just used xbox.com to download it.

It's up now along with the Crysis 2 demo. Nearly 3GB between the two! Should take me until some time this evening to download...

Pre-ordered.

It's amazing. I mean, the trailers made the game look a little dodgy, but in motion it all comes together. It's the points system that makes the game, trying to eek every possible point out of each enemy/group in order to place that little bit higher on the scoreboard. Played the demo through 4 times so far and will no doubt go back to it as more people get the game and there's more high scores to beat.

"Combo's that will pucker your butthole"

That is one hell of a selling point!

This is the game Duke Nukem Forever should be :P The more I see of it, the more I like it.

But I will still be waiting for it to reach £20ish. Because I'm cheap like that.

Anyone played the demo yet?

TBH it's not Duke Nukem that it reminds me of. Playing through the demo it feels more like Unreal Tournament does Geometry Wars. I love it. A breath of fresh air after so many serious shooters. The FPS I enjoyed this much was Borderlands, for similar reasons.

I just wish I knew how people were getting those 18,000 scores! I keep getting close to 3 stars (8,500 points) but I'm not sure what I'm missing that could get me that far, let alone hit those numbers!

It's fun but I can't see it staying fun for very long. I'll wait until it's sub-£20.

I didn't care of it at all. I played a bit before going to work and then knocked it off halfway through the level. I'm not one for beating high scores in games so the demo did nothing for me. The co-op and multiplayer modes may be better but i'm not sure if I will keep my preorder now.

TBH it's not Duke Nukem that it reminds me of. Playing through the demo it feels more like Unreal Tournament does Geometry Wars. I love it. A breath of fresh air after so many serious shooters. The FPS I enjoyed this much was Borderlands, for similar reasons.

I just wish I knew how people were getting those 18,000 scores! I keep getting close to 3 stars (8,500 points) but I'm not sure what I'm missing that could get me that far, let alone hit those numbers!

Like any leaderboard based game you'll get the inevitable cheaters. I get what you mean about Unreal Tourney, I got that feeling straight away. It was quite entertaining but not sure. Will have to wait for reviews and/or a price drop.

It's the big combos innit. I don't have a particularly good top score (was 2nd after you amongst my friends in two goes though!) but I did get about 2000 points all at once for combining the flare attack, which set multiple enemies on fire, along with the whip, kick and some long distance pistol headshots and voodoo pulls, the scores just flew in.

I 'm actually really enjoying it :D shame the demo was a bit short.

Anyone know if co-op will be split-screen?

Doesn't look like it.

Being a Cliff Bleszinski project we were wondering where the co-op for BulletStorm was when the game was announced. It turns out it was just sitting aside, waiting to be unveiled for the co-op loving gaming community. In an interview with Cliffy B., PlaystationBlog.com covers the details on this exciting new development.

BulletStorm is a bit of a trend breaker in the realm of violent shooter video games. For one thing, it won't be featuring a versus mode - instead, it will be utilizing a style similar (but not identical to) to Epic Games Gears of War 2's Horde Mode. This mode in the world of storming bullets, is called Anarchy.

Anarchy will have players working together to not only survive, but to achieve a certain score to progress through the waves of enemies. Not only will players have their own skill shots at their disposal, but cooperative skill shots as well.

To get a better look at what Anarchy is, complete with Cliff Bleszinski commentary, check out the video below and rejoice! For there is ultra-violent co-op on the way. (Beware, There is no split-screen planned for local players, sorry peoples!)

sounds like this might have a similar vibe to Bizarre's "The Club" although a lot better perhaps? I'm gonna download the demo later on and try it out.

I absolutely loved the demo. What a hoot! Trying different combos to get new skillshots is the most addictive gameplay element I've come across for a while.

sounds like this might have a similar vibe to Bizarre's "The Club" although a lot better perhaps? I'm gonna download the demo later on and try it out.

It's a similar vibe but, yeah, much much better. It's fucking great.