NEurope
Guy

Do You Haunt General, Gaming or Both?

This may seem weird, but I actually spend more time on the gaming boards than on general. The reason I don't post as often is mainly because I rarely have anything to say regarding games. Gaming's something I'm passionate about... but I don't really have much to say about it, most of the times. It's not something I care much about discussing. But I like do get lost in other people's discussions, it's quite cool!

I'm mostly in General Chit Chat but I have a peek in Gaming sometimes. I just have nothing to say about games really, even though I love gaming.

As for the Wii, it's probably my favourite overall console. Very under-rated, and there's only a few users on the Wii boards like Fused King, Dazzy and Redshell who probably see it in the same way that I do.

I'd put my name on that list too, FLinky :heh: The Wii is a fantastic console :yay:

During my time here as a member since September 2005, I've mainly browsed Wii and DS Discussion with the latter getting particular attention lately due to the exciting prospect of the 3DS releasing in the coming months :hehe:

I venture into General Chit Chat occasionally, perhaps more so in the last few months than before, but often my input there is down to things going quiet in the gaming threads.

However, one of my favourite threads is 'Name That Game' over in Retro Discussion which has a reasonable following and everyone seems to have fun with it :smile:

Many moons ago I would visit the 'Cube and GBA boards regularly. But since Revo-Europe and N-Europe I mainly stick around General Chat. I spend more time in Other Consoles than I do the Wii or DS boards.

Like probably many others, I started off in the gaming boards since I came here as a gamer looking for a place to discuss Nintendo. After a while I noticed this familiarity between the members that I didn't really see reflected anywhere in the gaming boards, so I ventured to the general boards. Here, I found that the relationships between the members were very personal, and I discovered that this was where this familiarity originated. Since then my need to discuss gaming has almost completely disappeared, but at this point I had come to love the people and the community, so I stayed and have done so ever since. This place is practically my second, virtual home. :)

I mostly hang around in the General Board, with the occasional visit to the Other Console board. I do visit the Wii boards and Retro Boards as well, but not often.

I do go in the Playground from time to time as well. Most visits are when i am involved in a game, other than that i don't go in there.

It's just I kinda get the feeling I'm missing out on some great discussions and posts over in the gaming boards and those guys are missing out on some great friendships and discussions here.

Like Tales, I use the new posts button. So it's all one big forum for me. Although there seems to be more action going on over in the general compared to all the other boards.

I feel like I have no place in the gaming board as I have no consoles with me when I'm not at home, and I've almost completely stopped gaming as college work increased. I'm afraid of getting a DS or PSP (COUGHnotNintendoIknow) just in case I abuse it for procrastination. I used to follow game news and reviews avidly anyway, but stopped as I don't see any point to doing that anymore.

tl;dr version: totally out of touch with gaming, have nothing worthwhile to say in the gaming board :)

It's like the board has 2 groups. The ones who hang in the General Boards and the ones who hang in the Gaming Boards. With some members of each crossing over to each of the other board groups.

*Originally posted in the Wii Boards Thread, this post is also applicable here*

I enjoy both the gaming boards and the Gen boards, for different reasons:

The Gaming boards give me some insight into good games, because lord knows gaming sites can let me down a lot of times (Eurogamer less so, but still), so it's good to have the input of reasonable, like-minded people, like Flinky, RedShell, Grazza and Fused King. I bought De Blob and House of the Dead thanks to this very forum (and I now plan on buying Fluidity/Hydroventure, as well as Dragon Quest IX somewhere down the line, too). I also bought Little King's Story, but I haven't had time to play it, only after my exams

Unfortunately, I don't usually play games as soon as they're released, so I tend to miss on fresh discussions, but I'm always ready to give my opinion whenever applicable. It's pretty much all I do: I show anticipation for a future game, give my thoughts on a game I just completed and, occasionally, I ask for help with any gaming-related issue. There's also the occasional discussion regarding more general aspects of gaming (though it's usually the Zelda series or the future of gaming. And I don't even have any interest in joining any discussion regarding the latter)

Mainly, this is a fun, reasonable, good community we have here, and I wouldn't trade it for any other.

With Gen Chit Chat, I take a different stance. It's like a place where I hang out, chill, have an imaginary drink and chat with these virtual friends. Discussing the issue du jour (usually learning something new), witnessing awesome, hilarious moments and generally having a nice time with our quirky members is all par for the course and, once again, it's a great community in this regard.

And, of course, the mafia games in the Playground. They're awesome, greatly thanks to the aforementioned community developed in Gen Chit Chat.

I am not surprised that the two communities are so different, since they're looking for different things. It's just that this site attracts awesome members. They are initially attracted by Nintendo news and products for one reason or the other, but stay, even after they lost interest/never had serious interest in gaming. And our quirky community pretty much means that other people who aren't interested in gaming will join anyway, staying for Chit Chat. And our gaming forum is one of the most reasonable places of discussion in the internet, so great users keep returning.

In conclusion: N-E brings the best in two distinct, yet not-mutually-exclusive worlds. But nobody should be surprised if most people prefer one side or the other.

Unless there is a game/s that interest me I'll venture into its relevant forum. For example the Golden Sun topic, since I'm playing that I'll venture into the thread. But once I've finished I probably won't return.

I like to move it and mix it up okay.

No no. Having you in one place where we all can keep an eye of you is fine.

I only use "new posts" so I don't really know.

This. I rarely if ever click on a board. I prefer just having a huge list of interesting, ongoing topics regardless of what category it falls under

It's just I kinda get the feeling I'm missing out on some great discussions and posts over in the gaming boards and those guys are missing out on some great friendships and discussions here.

Don't worry- it's mostly people trying to convince themselves that the heartbeat sensor will be used for Resident Evil on Wii HD.

I don't have most of the games being talked about, but I'm still interested in people's opinions to see if the game is worth getting. That means however that there's lots of reading and little talking. Much easier to find something to say when in general chat.

Don't worry- it's mostly people trying to convince themselves that the heartbeat sensor will be used for Resident Evil on Wii HD.

Daniel you're supposed to be a mod not a troll.

I originally joined the forums because my pants could not contain the excitement I had for the upcoming release of the Wii and I think I was bored in a uni class and there was a building I saw through the window that looked like a giant Wii also. I used to be all over the gaming forums, namely Wii/DS, with a lot of time chilling here in General also.

As time's gone on, I game less/more broadly and don't really follow the world of it anymore, and so I kind of just skim the gaming forums these days also, essentially I'm on the forums much less also and so I kind of thin myself out.

General's still where my heart is though, I wuv you guys <3

My god, I'd forgotten that thing existed until I read this post.

I tend to be in most forums. But Mainly the Wii Boards and General and of course the Staff board.

I still enjoy discussing games both old, current and upcoming. Though lately I think I use the Wii Online Board a bit more than the main Wii board. For setting up/discussed onling games on mostly Monster Hunter 3 and COD: Black Ops.

Like Flink I love my Wii and it always surprises me when I see some people here say the like "I know this is a Nintendo forum but I don't play my Wii anymore". Yes there's a load of tripe but there's also a lot of great games too.