NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Great start to the new series. :D

I had a small little fright when my NowTV buffered for half a second. Thankfully it all turned out fine. :D

9 more episodes to go, though. I do like the 10 episode a season format as it helps to keep the pace up. But damn, you get through it all so much quicker.

Did anyone see this? I gave a little chuckle at it:

Loved it. I want a full version of Rastafarian Targaryen.

And they clearly went to Chicken Cottage for lunch.

I way singing Red Wedding all last night.

If they actually ended up recording any of those songs I'd buy them.

Did anyone see this? I gave a little chuckle at it:

Lost it at "Wildling" and the Theon-Ramsay moment.

That was awesome in some very strange way. It was also nice to see the characters in everyday clothing.

Whoaaaaa!

Winter is finally here, and it's truly terrifying. Brilliantly done last 15 minutes, from the initial dogs barking to the staredown between Jon and the Night King. Chilling stuff.

Before the episode, I was tempted to not bother and carry on watching Pokémon as I was kind of only watching it as I'd come too far to stop. This episode resparked my interest.

Still, I was surprised that this was episode 8. It felt like we were only on episode 4 or 5.

I'm pretty sure it took the guys on the boat about 60 seconds to row 5 boat lengths away from shore.

147938-excited-edge-wwe-gif-Imgur-Tum-fXJw.gif

THAT entire section was utterly brilliant. Best moment of the season, so far. I was panicking about Jon when I remembered that in this show ANYONE can die.

That moment at the end where they just stared at each other was fantastic.

On a side note, I watched the last two episodes back to back and I think I much prefer being able to binge on this series. I wish the whole lot was done so I could watch it all already. No patieeeeenceeeeeee.

That last 10-15 minutes, wow. You could feel that build was coming, the wind, dogs barking and stuff. When most of the Free Folk were locked out of the camp when they could hear trouble coming, hearing them scream to be let in, then all of a sudden we got silence. Followed by a drove of the undead ramming to the wall trying to get in. And the face of one of the White Walkers when he realised that Valyrain steel is unbreakable. It's going to be one heck of an ending, now that the Wildings know that the White Walkers are real and are even stronger. And that end of the episode, the woman being ravaged by the undead children. And the King re-animating the dead Wildlings all in silence.

Did anyone else think that when the droves of undead fell off the cliff, we'd get a pile of broken bodies?

Dany and Tyrion meeting was epic, least they won't kill each other which is good.

2 more to go, can't wait for the next episode.

That was pretty bloody fantastic. Considering the show already moved away from the books so much, I'll be glad if they pull off more of these segments

And it's not even Episode 9 yet!

I'm sad that woman in the end had to die. She's a Danish actress, actually pretty good. Birgitte Hjort Sørensen, some of you might have seen her elsewhere.

I also really liked this ep! I had expected Ep 9 to be the controversial, the shocking one, so I'm excited to see what they bring for the next two episodes!

I'm sad that woman in the end had to die. She's a Danish actress, actually pretty good. Birgitte Hjort Sørensen, some of you might have seen her elsewhere.

I also really liked this ep! I had expected Ep 9 to be the controversial, the shocking one, so I'm excited to see what they bring for the next two episodes!

Yeah it's sad that Das Sound Machine will have to continue on without her.

!!!!!!!!!!

[spoiler=

this week's episode]I thought it would be impossible to top this last week

jon-snow-kills-white-walker.jpg

And there were a couple of missteps earlier in the episode

But

2eycgp5.png

GREATEST EPISODE OF ALL TIME!!??

Game of Thrones is just on another planet when it comes to TV Set Pieces. Doesn't get any better. I'm totally pumped.

Had my heart in my mouth from the moment my boy Jorah (the best character) stepped up. Had been psyched for a potential gladiator arena style thing ever since it was mentioned a few episodes ago. I feel they've used dragons as an Ex Machina one too many times but it still works.

This season's been so brilliant at building all these creepy factions like the religious one in Kings Landing and the masked people in Meereen. What payoff. The show's gotten a lot better at world building and looking at the politics lately. Truely amazing TV.

Agree that scene was incredibly tense but the CGI was shocking. Truly awful. Actually took me out of the moment.

Agree that scene was incredibly tense but the CGI was shocking. Truly awful. Actually took me out of the moment.

I thought it..

Started off pretty well and then in the last couple of shots became truely dreadful, reminded me of this

maxresdefault.jpg

Nonetheless I've found the cgi on the show to be pretty good in general these days - still very much TV cgi but it's much better than early seasons. I remember the first few shots of the dragons were terrible, to the extent that I was dreading future seasons when they'd have a more prominent role.. I guess that suitably lowered my expectations.

That scene totally reminded me of Star Wars Episode 2!

CGI as she flew away was a bit ropey but I guess she was on something that was CGI flying away from a place that was also CGI.

I wonder what will happen to Jorah and company, being left behind like that... will Tyrion now go to the Second Sons as he did in the books? What about Quinton, he is totally gone from the story now - not that his part was big...

Also, it seems that the storylines are a bit messed. They have gone too far with Daenerys now so they need to catch up with the other characters - I bet Jon Snow will get stabbed at the end of next episode and that we'll see Cersei do the walk of shame.

Also, cruelty from Stannis!! That was insane! I actually hope it doesn't help them much so he will see what his faith has done to him now. Crazy m-f'er!

I wonder what will happen to Jorah and company, being left behind like that... will Tyrion now go to the Second Sons as he did in the books? What about Quinton, he is totally gone from the story now - not that his part was big...

Also, it seems that the storylines are a bit messed. They have gone too far with Daenerys now so they need to catch up with the other characters - I bet Jon Snow will get stabbed at the end of next episode and that we'll see Cersei do the walk of shame.

Also, cruelty from Stannis!! That was insane! I actually hope it doesn't help them much so he will see what his faith has done to him now. Crazy m-f'er!

I totally thought

Stannis's daughter would get sacrificed anyway, but to revive John Snow, given how it seems Melisandre seems to know/sense his lineage

I'm still hoping that at the end of the next episode after John's stabbed, that it fades to black, to reveal a man being lead out into the gods wood by a bunch of men, laughing and jeering at him while he begs for mercy but then begins to pan out to reveal a woman in black, with a monologue from Michelle Farley about how her family is all dead, how the north remembers and she will get her revenge

That should be the end shot of this season

Also book spoilers

I totally thought
Stannis's daughter would get sacrificed anyway, but to revive John Snow, given how it seems Melisandre seems to know/sense his lineage

I'm still hoping that at the end of the next episode after John's stabbed, that it fades to black, to reveal a man being lead out into the gods wood by a bunch of men, laughing and jeering at him while he begs for mercy but then begins to pan out to reveal a woman in black, with a monologue from Michelle Farley about how her family is all dead, how the north remembers and she will get her revenge

Also book spoilers

That could be. I just believe that the wound isn't terminal and that someone finds him. But well, we know in a year (hopefully).

Hah, yes, it's weird that they've left her out this season, especially since they seem to follow Brienne. They should meet.

Yep, fuck dat.

Not sure it sticks/is as it seems etc, but honestly, fuck dat. Yew can go tew far. And dey did.

(Joking apart, I can't help but feel that YES, you CAN go to far, and that's just not right mayne).

Yep, fuck dat.

Not sure it sticks/is as it seems etc, but honestly, fuck dat. Yew can go tew far. And dey did.

(Joking apart, I can't help but feel that YES, you CAN go to far, and that's just not right mayne).

Who da fuaaark are we meant to root for as our saviour now?

Team Arya Crew.