NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Dany died though, it seemed to fall apart. I feel like Drogon should have killed Jon along with melting the Iron Throne (that bit was fucking cool). Why would he not? Jon seemed like such a loose end after that, this didn't know what to do with him.

I had hoped that Drogon would have breathed fire at Jon, only for him to emerge unscathed due to his Targaryen blood (similar to how Dany survived the fire with the dragons in series 1). Would have been a cool moment.

@Sheikah

Spoiler

Jon can be burnt though, as we saw in the first season when protecting the Lord Commander of the Watch against the wight.

Spoiler tag [mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention]  

Sorry, tried but seemed to erase my post altogether in Tapatalk. I would recommend people not visit the thread if not up to date.  

[mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention]
Spoiler Jon can be burnt though, as we saw in the first season when protecting the Lord Commander of the Watch against the wight.

Yeah, I was just hoping that the magic unlocked or some such in response to being with the dragons. He's basically no different in background to Dany so don't see why it's one rule for her...

9 hours ago, Sheikah said:
12 hours ago, Kav said:
[mention=2464]Sheikah[/mention]
Spoiler Jon can be burnt though, as we saw in the first season when protecting the Lord Commander of the Watch against the wight.

Yeah, I was just hoping that the magic unlocked or some such in response to being with the dragons. He's basically no different in background to Dany so don't see why it's one rule for her...

Spoiler

Targaryens are not immune to fire though, that is something very specific to Dany which has been confirmed by GRRM in the past.

Bumping this because I received the season 8 blu-rays today, and I'm watching it for the first time. I'm about to start the final episode. While the Long night episode was absolutely riveting (despite the deus ex machina).. I'm really not liking what comes after it. I'm hoping the next (and final) roughly 1 hour and 20 minutes will make up for the previous 1 hour and 20 minutes of dragon rampaging. But I'm not holding my breath at this point. A lot of totally wasted character arcs.

• Like 1

Finally finished watching Game of Thrones.

I went into the last season expecting the very worst but it actually turned out the be pretty decent.

Nice to see an end to it all though, it was never going to be perfect but I'm glad I didn't watch it with any high level of expectation.

Pleasantly surprised by it really, glad to have seen it all from start to finish. :smile:

• Like 2

On 10/01/2020 at 3:59 AM, S.C.G said:

Finally finished watching Game of Thrones.

I went into the last season expecting the very worst but it actually turned out the be pretty decent.

Nice to see an end to it all though, it was never going to be perfect but I'm glad I didn't watch it with any high level of expectation.

Pleasantly surprised by it really, glad to have seen it all from start to finish. :smile:

You know what the internet is like, something is either the greatest thing ever or the biggest cinematic failure in history. I enjoyed it too, not perfect, obviously I wish they'd taken a bit more time with it, but I didn't get all the hate.

• Thanks 1