NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Well Dany needs someone to ride the other two dragons in the fight against the zombies no? Jon on one, and then presumably Podrick Payne on the other.

Well Dany needs someone to ride the other two dragons in the fight against the zombies no? Jon on one, and then presumably Podrick Payne on the other.

POD? Giant Cock Pod riding the other Dragon wait....weird images entering my mind :shakehead, surely it would be someone other than Pod? Arya? Tyrion? Bran? Sam? Theon - so he can compensate

POD? Giant Cock Pod riding the other Dragon wait....weird images entering my mind
:shakehead, surely it would be someone other than Pod? Arya? Tyrion? Bran? Sam? Theon - so he can compensate

I'm fairly sure he's joking :heh:

I'm not sure Danny would go for the idea of marrying the man who killed her father, Mad King or not.

I reckon she'll get with Jon, however Danny will take the Iron Throne and Jon will remain King of the North since he probably wouldn't want to rule all of Westeros. I don't think the fact they're related will be an issue since Targaryen's don't seem to let that get in the way of things. Also they might not even know they're related until after anyway, depends how long it takes Bran to get back to everyone else.

There's also the rumour that Tyrion is also a Targaryen and he would be the third dragon rider. We've already seen him interact with the two smaller dragons and there was that whole story he told about wanting a dragon. Could that have been foreshadowing? Another link between the three of them is that all of their mother's died giving birth to them, not sure if that is common in the Targaryen family though.

I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei. The prophecy Cersei was told was something along the lines of all her children would die and then she'd be killed by her little brother. Cersei always assumed this meant Tyrion but it could be Jaimie (who I think is the younger of the twins). Given that Cersei was responsible for Tommen taking his own life I think their relationship is going to sour, Jamie certainly didn't look happy when he saw her on the throne at the end of the episode!

I'm fairly sure he's joking
:heh:

I'm not sure Danny would go for the idea of marrying the man who killed her father, Mad King or not.

I reckon she'll get with Jon, however Danny will take the Iron Throne and Jon will remain King of the North since he probably wouldn't want to rule all of Westeros. I don't think the fact they're related will be an issue since Targaryen's don't seem to let that get in the way of things. Also they might not even know they're related until after anyway, depends how long it takes Bran to get back to everyone else.

There's also the rumour that Tyrion is also a Targaryen and he would be the third dragon rider. We've already seen him interact with the two smaller dragons and there was that whole story he told about wanting a dragon. Could that have been foreshadowing? Another link between the three of them is that all of their mother's died giving birth to them, not sure if that is common in the Targaryen family though.

I think Jamie will end up killing Cersei. The prophecy Cersei was told was something along the lines of all her children would die and then she'd be killed by her little brother. Cersei always assumed this meant Tyrion but it could be Jaimie (who I think is the younger of the twins). Given that Cersei was responsible for Tommen taking his own life I think their relationship is going to sour, Jamie certainly didn't look happy when he saw her on the throne at the end of the episode!

I said the same as the bolded today at work to another GOT fan, it makes the most logical sense now, everyone overlooked him in favor of Tyrion, dismissing him as incapable - well the look on his face at the end says perhaps his feelings have changed

Got my blu-rays Saturday, so I could finally catch up with season 6. Watched it in one go obviously.

Holy shit, all hail Lady Lyanna Mormont, Queen of the North!

I also knew right away who the mysterious rider was who saved Bran and Meera. And Hodor.. That was a cool but tragic piece of story.

Not impressed with the Dorne & Sandsnakes stories. Reading up on everything it seems they changed things quite a bit from the book in order to condense the story to fit in the TV series, got heavy backlash over the direction it was hedaed in season 5, then decided to simply scrap all of it. Looking back at all of it it almost seems it would have been best to scrap those storylines altogether, but they're relevant enough to other storylines they can't do that.

Also slightly disappointed in the way they followed a multitude of characters. While they waited a long time to get back to Bran for example, they showed nearly everyone I think in season 6. Showing Sandor Clegane alive and well for just one episode was unnecessary in my opinion. Now I want to know what will happen with him and the Brotherhood.

Blowing up the Sept was cool, although it was a bit convenient way of killing off a lot of characters. Margaery's death was perhaps the most disappointing to me, as she was smart enough to know it was a trap. She was not on trial, yet they didn't let her out..? Would've liked to see her endgame. Then again, despite killing a lot of her enemies, this obviously is going to have a lot of repercussions for Cercei (it already has), and zombie Gregor won't be enough to save her from them.

Anyway, lots of things have come full circle at this point, but we're not there yet. Lots of stuff I can't wait to see in season 7, including a Brienne and Tormund romance.

brienne-tormund_11.jpg

It's still too early to tell if the stuff they've cut from the books was really necessary as neither the books nor show are finished.

But to be honest after reading and watching what's out of the books/show it does seem as though they've made the right decision with regards to the show. There's a lot in the books that doesn't really need to be there. It's (mostly) interesting reading but doesn't need to be in the show.

Almost completely caught up. Final epsiode of season 6 left.

A spectacular show most of the times. Season 5 and 6 had horrible pacing, though.

However, I did enjoy everything so far even though there are some things I don't like about the story.

1) This Hodor time travel crap just doesn't feel right within GoT. It's a personal gripe but I think it simply doesn't fit.

2) I actually wanted Ramsey to live. He was by far he best character.

3) It was so obvious that Littlefinger and his army joined the fray and turned the tide. I wanted the Battle of the Bastards to take a different turn.

4) I never really liked Daenerys' plot line. ::shrug: So I find it a bit annoying that she's still there :D

5) Aaaand I think that Arya's strory line is utterly boring by now...her revenge is long overdue.

Anyway, will watch the final episode of season 6 in a couple of minutes. Cliffhangers everywhere, I assume.

Edit: Well...

There is Arya's revenge :D

Great Episode. Really looking forward to what's ahead.

Edited by drahkon

Started watching this show today through Sky Q. Got through three episodes of the first season so far. Four deaths, one almost death, five sex scenes and a hell of a lot of tits and naked women in the space of three hours. I really have to watch the rest of this show...right now.

progress report: season 3 episode 3 Jamie Lanister got his hand cut off...nice

someone better kill Joffrey, really anoying litte kid with a violence fettish. Annoys the crap out of me.

progress report: Finished season 3. episode nine and ten was the shit. Someone better kill Joffrey next season or i'm dropping this show like a sack of bricks. I can't stand that annoying jerk

Edited by martinist
finished season 3

If you want to watch all episodes before the final season starts on April 15th, you have to start today (assuming that you only watch one episode a day that is).

• Like 2

I may do that actually, more or less, but I have more time as I wait for the blu-ray release. I also don't just watch one episode a day when it comes to Game of Thrones.

I'll probably just start frantically rewatching them a week or so before the final season premieres.

The airdate of the final episode is 19-05. Assuming the blu-rays are available immediately after, like the previous season I believe (but unlike the earlier seasons, which all took almost a year to come out), I can start watching them at the start of June, when I receive them. If I do one season marathon in a weekend, I'll have to start somewhere in April.

Started rewatching season 7 yesterday. Seems like a good decision as I can hardly remember anything from it - it aired a couple of weeks after getting my son so my attention probably wasn't entirely on the show at the time.

Monday can't come soon enough!

My wife just blew me away. 

She agreed with her sister that we'll watch the season premiere together Tuesday night - without talking to me about it.

That's cruel. Plain and simply, up there with Ramsay cruel.

Guess I'll just have to watch it twice.

• Haha 3

Well, the first episode of season 8 was better than the entire 7th season.

On 15/04/2019 at 2:23 PM, drahkon said:

Well, the first episode of season 8 was better than the entire 7th season.

A bit of an over exaggeration. :p 

Spoiler

Really, really dislike this guy. Cersei also loses some respect points for letting him inside her.

What a let down that was. They have 6 episodes to wrap up the entire white walker and Westeros storylines with all the characters and subplots that go with them... and they spend one of those episodes having characters meet or reunite with each other, and very little else. Nothing said "we left ourselves so much to do that we have to rush through plotlines" better than...

Spoiler

Theon turning up, rescuing Yara then leaving her in the space of 3 minutes. :blank:

Edited by Ronnie

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

What a let down that was. They have 6 episodes to wrap up the entire white walker and Westeros storylines with all the characters and subplots that go with them... and they spend one of those episodes having characters meet or reunite with each other, and very little else. Nothing said "we left ourselves so much to do that we have to rush through plotlines" better than...

Reveal hidden contents

Theon turning up, rescuing Yara then leaving her in the space of 3 minutes. :blank:

I get what you're saying about:

Spoiler

Theon rescuing Yara. It was very quick and definitely felt like a loose end from last season being tied up. But then, how annoying would it have been had we spent 20 or 30 minutes of the episode just on that. There's very little value in that subplot to the overall story, so I think it being resolved quickly was the right call.

It did feel very "..." when he decided to leave her again, though. 

Spoiler

It's just a symptom of them leaving themselves waaaay too much to do in the final 6 episodes. I can't imagine it'll wrap up everything in a satisfying way. Just Westeros by itself, let alone the white walker threat. If they were going to have Theon rescue Yara, great, then do it last season or something and spend an episode or two on it, not 3 minutes.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:
  Hide contents

It's just a symptom of them leaving themselves waaaay too much to do in the final 6 episodes. I can't imagine it'll wrap up everything in a satisfying way. Just Westeros by itself, let alone the white walker threat. If they were going to have Theon rescue Yara, great, then do it last season or something and spend an episode or two on it, not 3 minutes.

Spoiler

Yeah, I said something similar to that today. In fairness, the running times are a bit longer, so that should help a little. I have faith in the creators that they've got a plan and will finish the ending in a satisfying way. Hopefully the shorter amount of episodes means that the pace of the show moves swiftly. Maybe it's better than having plotlines drag on for the sake of filling time. 

(the whole Theon/Euron/Yara plotline is a bit shit anyway, or at least it's one of the weaker ones in the wider picture of the show)