NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Is book 5 the last? And is it actually like...book 5? Or book 7? I'm currently 2/3rds through the 3rd book, which is the first book of a Song of Storms, these books are really fucking up any semblance of productivity in my life which I reallly need to be having!

Is book 5 the last? And is it actually like...book 5? Or book 7? I'm currently 2/3rds through the 3rd book, which is the first book of a Song of Storms, these books are really fucking up any semblance of productivity in my life which I reallly need to be having!

The series is supposed to end on Book 7, but so far, only 5 books have been released. Martin is working on the 6th book still.

Storm of Swords was the only book split into 2 in the UK (to my knowledge), so that ups the count to 6 out of 8, instead.

And finished. Damn!

The above is correct, although my "A Dance with Dragons" (book 5) is split in two physical books as well as A Storm of Swords (book 3).

And finished. Damn!

The above is correct, although my "A Dance with Dragons" (book 5) is split in two physical books as well as A Storm of Swords (book 3).

Ahhh, I think I'll be having the same. I feel bad for Magnus Peterson's poor books, I'm destroying them taking them everywhere with me. I'm glad to know I've still got quite a way to go before I reach the end, so I'm enjoying it so much at the moment; I'm gonna get sad when I get toward where you are though @MindFreak :(

I've downloaded the books (audio).

Game Of Thrones is 33 hours long. Whoaz.

Bump from the dead.

We're currently up to season three on this, doing a massive binge before season five starts.

I'm slightly ashamed of myself that I didn't watch this much sooner; it's fantastic!

Alright. I've watched 3 episodes of the first Season about a year ago. Didn't really click with me.

Earlier this year I gave it another chance, watched the first Season in 3 days and somehow it clicked and I loved it.

Bought the 5 books (and finished the first one just now) and borrowed Season two on Bluray from a mate.

How to proceed now?

What I'm thinking: Watch an episode and read the corresponding chapters of the second book afterwards.

Could do it the other way around but then I wouldn't know where to stop reading...

Oooooor: read the whole book and then watch the episodes or vice versa.

Think I'll go with one episode + corresponding chapters. : peace:

How to proceed now?

What I'm thinking: Watch an episode and read the corresponding chapters of the second book afterwards.

The TV show doesn't follow the books closely enough for you to be able to do that...

The TV show doesn't follow the books closely enough for you to be able to do that...

Hm. I've read the first book quite some time after I finished Seasone One so I can't comment on that.

Not sure how I should proceed, then...maybe I'll just read as much as I can when I have free time and watch the occasional episode on weekends. :blank:

Cannot wait for new series. Busted through all the seasons starting in December. Half way through first book. HYPE!

Hm. I've read the first book quite some time after I finished Seasone One so I can't comment on that.

Not sure how I should proceed, then...maybe I'll just read as much as I can when I have free time and watch the occasional episode on weekends. :blank:

If I were you I'd just keep on going through the TV series and read whenever you can. Too tricky to try and match them up.

The first book and first season match almost perfectly. From the second book onwards, this is trickier (especially since they start changing some parts from the books as well).

Doing both at the same time is probably going to confuse you some, what with certain events happening differently, or someone's characterisation (or even name) being different.

I suggest watching the show for now (knowing that S5 is about to start) and reading the books afterwards. With some luck, you might even finish around the time that the 6th book releases (George Martin has already said he's aiming to release it before S6 starts).

I'm going to watch the start of Season 5 tonight.

I think I've seen a spoiler that was left in a comment's section somewhere about one of the upcoming episodes. Hope it's just someone trolling, though.

It's impressive how quickly we caught up on this. :D

Can't wait.

Was so tempting to watch the leaks yesterday/the US showing today but have held out strong and will watch on Sky Atlantic tonight :D

Been singing the theme tune all day long in excitement!

The first 3 or 4 episodes were leaked out over the weekend, some people are going to be miles ahead.

They are low definition screeners though. I downloaded them, but I think I'll wait for the high def ones instead.

Was a good first episode, fo sho. Not too ploddy even though not a lot actually happened.

I was a bit dismayed to hear that they are going to make the final tv seasons before the books come out. That just seems wrong to me.

Not a bad start to the series, i enjoyed it. Nice to see Thrones back on our screens.

Was a good first episode, fo sho. Not too ploddy even though not a lot actually happened.

I was a bit dismayed to hear that they are going to make the final tv seasons before the books come out. That just seems wrong to me.

It is a shame, but if we waited until the books were released Bran Stark would probably be a fully grown man by the time it finished! His actor is like 16 already anyway. That's the problem of working with child actors.

It's GRRM's fault for wallowing in his fame and spending so much time visiting conventions and writing spin-off books rather than actually working on the next book.

I know. I saw this happening when they started making the first season, but there's not a lot you can do I suppose. As long as both get finished at some point, hopefully it won't matter which order they got released in.

I just hope that

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-3/george-rr-martin-reveals-his-next-hbo-project-sci-fi-driven-tv-series

doesn't get in the way of his finishing ASoIaF sooner!

I haven't watched the new season yet as I want to watch season 4 again but my girl friend's so busy with her studies that she doesn't have time or the energy for watching such a heavy show at the moment. She says she doesn't care about watching season 4 again, though, but I don't want her asking all kind of silly questions or not understanding something in the new season because we've forgotten it all. Also, I've read the books so I'm not in a hurry to start watching season 5.

Grrrrrrrr GRRM! He's better not die on us before he finishes! I've lost too many authors that way recently...