NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

I've started watching this because I thought "Bollocks, I'm not waiting years for the books to come out". I'm on Episode 6 of Season 1 and it is absolutely gripping shit! I'm loving it! I hate Joffrey with a passion though! He's such a little pussy-bitch!

I've started watching this because I thought "Bollocks, I'm not waiting years for the books to come out". I'm on Episode 6 of Season 1 and it is absolutely gripping shit! I'm loving it! I hate Joffrey with a passion though! He's such a little pussy-bitch!

And you will hate him more and more as the episodes progress.

And you will hate him more and more as the episodes progress.

I'm really hoping Arya stabs him with Needle! I was genuinely rooting for the wolf to rip his throat out! Ugh! Awful character!

I pissing LOATHE Daenerys' (spelling?) brother as well! He's a bloody bastard! I hope that Dothraki King SLAAAAYYYYS him!

Oh and it's worth saying that I've started reading the books as well but I'll be focusing more on the TV show rather than reading them right now so I don't get a little confused between the storylines of the two.

That episode was awesome! I'm so glad that dude is dead but that death was just amazing, haha. I'm glad that the Dothraki King killed him whilst keeping to his traditions, lmao. I see why the episode was called A Golden Crown. I also love how Daenerys is such a bad bitch now.

That has to be my favourite ridiculous scene in the series. They melt gold, in a simple cooking pot over a fire, in a matter of seconds.

That has to be my favourite ridiculous scene in the series. They melt gold, in a simple cooking pot over a fire, in a matter of seconds.

Actually that is possible. It's unlikely to be pure gold, more likely a copper-gold alloy, so it could happen (although unlikely).

Obviously not in a few seconds, but you can chalk that up to poetic licence.

Edited by MoogleViper

OH MY GOD, I just finished watching Episode 9 of Season 1 and that last minute where...

Joffrey had Ned beheaded had me reeling. I gasped loudly at my telly and started screwing at it, shouting that Joffrey was a cockwipe and an arsehole and stuff! Oh my God! Seriously, what a little shit! I hate him! What a cunt! UGH! The emotions are running high! lmao.

My dad came in my room and asked what I was shouting at and I told him. He's a fan of the show and asked what episode it was. I described it and he was like "Oh, okay, I understand" and walked off, hahaha.

Ok, awesome episode, definitely brought justice to the battles of the book (Mammoths! Giants! Flaming barrels! All it was missing was the rams!)

I can't believe they just ended the episode like that, though!

Just watched Season 4 eps 8 and 9 back to back

HOLY FRAK to both

Grrr can't believe next week is the final ep of teh season...why do they insist on only having 10 eps a season!

It wasnt a bad episode, but it was all about my least favourite storyline and it wasn't the shocking second to last episode I was expecting. That was last week's episode it seems.

I'll say the same thing I say at the end of every episode.

This. Fucking. Show.

Is ep 9 always the awesome one each season?

That's how they've been doing it. 9 is the climax, 10 is the "epilogue".

you guys think ep10 will be an epilogue! BAHAHAHAHAHA NO its finally going to be a spectacular Finale, unless they make a mad decision to have the next season opener have all the good bits of the end of this book

That's what I thought. Good episode, but not the shocking episode I was expecting.

you guys think ep10 will be an epilogue! BAHAHAHAHAHA NO its finally going to be a spectacular Finale, unless they make a mad decision to have the next season opener have all the good bits of the end of this book

I was trying to be discreet...

Yes, I've read the books.

Just caught up with episode 9, nice episode. As expected from how it came across in the book.

Bring on episode 10 (the final one this season :( )

That was a great episode

:) So much happened and yet... I still think Stannis' surprise appearance should've happened last episode :heh:

AAAAHH!! I can't believe they killed Jojen! First they kill off Grenn and Pyp and now this?! Not even book readers are safe from future spoilers!

And they also left out the reveal about Tyrion's wife? That was the biggest reader punch ever! Man...

Don't answer if it's book spoilers. I assume it is though. Why is the one true king up in the north?(I never remember his name) Why do he even care? Sure it's a "global" problem seeing as if the northmen cross the wall it's bad news for everyone, but knowing the characters in this show I'd be surprised if anyone things of the greater good before themselves. It looked cool with the army marching on the wild northmen, it just looked odd with the one true king leading them. Maybe I missed something in the earlier episodes?

I'll miss the Lannister villain number 1. And I don't like Tyrion as much as I used to, or at all, after killing poor, innocent Shaye.

Anyway, good episode. Although nothing clearly really shocks me anymore :p

Don't answer if it's book spoilers. I assume it is though. Why is the one true king up in the north?(I never remember his name) Why do he even care? Sure it's a "global" problem seeing as if the northmen cross the wall it's bad news for everyone, but knowing the characters in this show I'd be surprised if anyone things of the greater good before themselves. It looked cool with the army marching on the wild northmen, it just looked odd with the one true king leading them. Maybe I missed something in the earlier episodes?

If you want a possible motive, then look at it from the point of view of the people living in Westeros.

The king is possibly not related to the previous kind at all, and could actually be a bastard born though incest. On top of that, the Lannisters are busy squabbling amongst themselves and are killing each other.

Meanwhile, word spreads that Stannis saved the Night's Watch and The Wall. He is working for the people.

Making the people want you as their king is definitely one way to increase your chances of becoming king.

Damn awesome finale.

The Hound dying :( But I suppose it had to happen, not getting his ransom for Arya what was he gonna do with her next?

Though how did Sansa never find out her sister was there? Surely even with her aunt dead you'd think some of teh shoulders at the gate would have gone in and said "Hey we got one of Ned Starks daughters here" and the news would have reached Baelish?

The stuff with Daenerys I'm not sure whats going on with her anymore... I get she wants to do right by the slaves she's freed but she's not really doing anything anymore, she's becoming dull and no longer a "player" in the "Game". And now she's gona and chained up 2 of her dragons? WTF?

The stuff in the North was good, was surprised when all the horses appeared, like "where the frak did they come from?" Was interesting to see Stannis come in to save the day (even if a bit late), wonder will his preistess lady try to convert all the Nights Watch to her religion.... also she took a good long look at Jon Snow like she has a plan for him or something.

Thank frak also that Bran finally got to that bloody tree too. The fight vs the Undead was cool, thought your mans death could have been better though. But just seeing his sister turn around and seeing the headless skeleton stabbing him in teh gut while he just lay there, seemed a bit "meh" not shocking enough for this show :heh:

And whats this with the dude in the tree telling Bran he's gonna fly? What, is he gonna spourt wings next season or something?

Also what the frak ever happened to Rickon? We've not seen him all season? Or did he die last season and I just don't remember it? I thought he was going somewhere else with that wildling girl that was helping them?

And then Tyrion, good to see he's not going to die and awesome to see he went and killed his dad, FRAK YEAH, and also that cheating traitorous ex of his.

Guess this will fall well for Cersei though, with her dad gone she can stop both her marraige and that of her sons and likely take control of teh kingdom herself now.

GAH, why must it end..... so how long till season 5 starts? :heh:

I'll miss the Lannister villain number 1. And I don't like Tyrion as much as I used to, or at all, after killing poor, innocent Shaye.

Innocent? She lied at the trial and left him for dead and then she goes and sleeps with his dad! I would have liked to hear her try explain herself and/or beg first but she had it coming

I reckon Cube's explanation is good enough (and somewhat accurate), but I have something more:

-Stannis does care about the people and the laws, even if he's hard-faced, and willing to burn traitors. So he does care about the Ice Zombies (that's why he came: the Zombies). At least in the books he cares;

-His priestess serves the God of Light. The God of Darkness who opposes the God of Light is responsible for the Zombies, so there's that.

So yeah, plenty of reasons for him to be there and care.

Innocent? She betrayed him in his trial and shacked up with his executioner! :indeed:

That was a great episode :) So much happened and yet... I still think Stannis' surprise appearance should've happened last episode :heh:

AAAAHH!! I can't believe they killed Jojen! First they kill off Grenn and Pyp and now this?! Not even book readers are safe from future spoilers!

I thought it seemed quite obvious that Jojen had at least foreseen his own death... so it wasn't a huge surprise to see him die. I don't think there would've been much for the character in the next series so it makes sense (and drama) for him to die now.

I need to re-read the books but I'm sure Tyrion had a more meaningful conversation with Tywin before killing him. I was disappointed at them leaving it out as it makes Tyrion's murder of Tywin seem a bit... nonchalant? The episode was over an hour though so I understand the need to shorten it :p

And they also left out the reveal about Tyrion's wife? That was the biggest reader punch ever! Man...

Well, that was a nice ending to yet another great series. The one thing that niggles me a little is they've skipped the part with Stannis offering the remnants of Winterfell to Jon Snow at the end of Book 3. Maybe saving that for the next series. I'm not too far into Book 4, so i don't want to know (unless it's happened and i forgot). Does the freemen cross the Wall to the North, i can never remember. But it's setting up a nice 5th series, can't wait for that. Actually, thinking about it that Witch whom came with Stannis may have something to do with Winterfell, she kept looking at Jon Snow.

I wasn't expecting the Hound to die, kind of wanted Brie to die. The Hound had such brilliant lines in this series, it's a shame to see him go. But as it's been said, what else was there to do. His ransom was no more, nothing left really to do.

The bit i was looking forward to see was Tyrion extracting revenge on Tywin and Shae for their part in the farce trial. Betray a Lannister whom loved you, you get this. And a Happy Fathers day to Tywin, had a "gut feeling" about it. Can't remember his name, but i guess the Eunich realized what Tyrion had done hence why he was on the boat as well.

The stuff with Daenerys, it's a little off putting. First, she gives back slavery to the people (by the means of a 1 year contract). Then chains 2 of her Dragons up in the Catacombs, it wasn't their fault that child died. And what of the 3rd, the larger one. Free flying around, how in the heck are they going to find it. More so, control it. Will be interesting to find out more, maybe have the other 2 smaller ones have a shot at taking it out.

Oh well, bring on the next series. Until then, back to the books.